Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > Technical (D3)

Rushing Air
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
lunar

Wales 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 XS Auto Java BlackDiscovery 3
Rushing Air

Hi all, I have a rushing air sound when accelerating hard and no power below 2000 rpm and also an air sound like a waste gate when lifting my foot off the gas, I am assuming i have a hole in one of the intake pipes but the question is is it the pipe conected to the air filter box or the pipe conected to the turbo, the drawing i have it lookes like it is in 2 parts, where should i look first, any help please

Post #99312923rd Oct 2012 9:00 am
Flack

England 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 XS Auto Stornoway GreyDiscovery 3

To the left of the engine when your facing it there is the inter-cooler hose next to the air filter check that one as this is the one that usually fails, the other one is at the other side of the engine connected to the turbo and its hard to see, just look under the front passenger side wheel arch and you might just see it.

Also check that the big plastic pipe that runs across the top of the fan cowl is fully in on the side of the screen wash bottle.

Flack Thumbs Up

Post #99313223rd Oct 2012 9:07 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
lunar

Ive had a look around and all seems ok, but i have noticed tonight the noise was not there at first and seemed to appear more when it was warm at around 2500rpm in 5th with a bit of load it was hissing like someone letting air out of a tyre then when you lift off it hisses quickly then stopes, does the EGR valve have air forced through and could it be stuck half open ? or is this not possible, no power up to 2000rpm then its off like a rocket

Post #99341923rd Oct 2012 10:28 pm
Flack

England 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 XS Auto Stornoway GreyDiscovery 3

As you have a 2007 model if you have any problems with your egr valves then you should have an error code and the eml light should be on, so if nothing is showing then I would say no its not an egr problem.

It sounds like a split turbo/inter cooler hose as this would also give you power loss at lower rpm.

Flack Thumbs Up

Post #99342823rd Oct 2012 10:58 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
lunar

Thanks for the info flack i will investigate again tonight, just one more question if you could advise, this morning from cold the disco had no air noise and had good acceleration then suddenly the noise came and power loss as if something opened does the egr opening put pressure to a different pipe which could be the one with the hole in it

Post #99357424th Oct 2012 12:41 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >