Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > In Car Electronics (D3)

Logic 7 upgrade retrofit
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
StornowayStu

United States 2007 LR3 4.4 V8 SE Auto Stornoway GreyLR3
Logic 7 upgrade retrofit

I've searched a number of forums to see if anybody has done a Logic 7 upgrade retrofit to a D3 - has bluetooth, sat radio and Nav already if that matters (6 CD internal changer) .

I suspect my lack of overall successful hits means the answer is probably a no....or a cheaper to swap out the vehicle, which is a shame as I got all the other boxes checked on my current one....

Post #96649916th Aug 2012 4:51 pm
race.it

Spain 

Colin, bbs-spy has done it, think Mr H also done it, and prob a few others

I have most of the parts and getting ready to do this myself Wink

Post #96650316th Aug 2012 4:59 pm
BBS SPY
Site Sponsor 

Cyprus 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 Base 7 Seat Auto Bonatti GreyDiscovery 3

Hiya Stornowaystu

My retrofit of logic 7 is a bit different to most, as i made it a part of a much bigger project to retrofit my entire base spec vehicle with absolutely everything the highest spec vehicles had, all at the same time Rolling Eyes

I first rebuilt and modified a damaged main wiring loom in this thread http://www.disco3.co.uk/forum/topic35050.html?highlight=
and then fitted it to my D3, along with nearly all the other required items including the Logic 7 (premium audio) speakers in this thread http://www.disco3.co.uk/forum/topic37092.html?

Finally a week or two later i got my Logic 7 amp and then fitted that in place of the Hi Line Amp i had temporarily fitted in this follow up thread.

http://www.disco3.co.uk/forum/topic37595.html

I then retro fitted AFS, front fogs and PDC sensors in another thread
http://www.disco3.co.uk/forum/topic44435.html
before pretty much running out of things to do on my Disco 3 Rolling with laughter

So i then upgraded my range rover
http://www.disco3.co.uk/forum/topic78155.html

In any event, i recently added quite a decent overview of the elements that would be required to just retrofit Logic 7 only into a Disco 3 in the simplist way possible on the follow up thread.

It is a very worthwhile conversion IMHO Thumbs Up

Post #96652416th Aug 2012 5:56 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
StornowayStu

United States 2007 LR3 4.4 V8 SE Auto Stornoway GreyLR3

Colin. Wow. Total respect Bow down

I have the hi-line audio with the in dash 6CD changer - I did not realize that meant that I could start off gently by retrofitting the rear headphone/window switch ? It was my (mis)understanding that only was available with the '7' system ?

So with my SE spec am I likely to need new/different wiring looms (say for the rear speakers) or are the wires already there tucked away unused waiting for me to add the extra speakers ? Is the amp pin compatible with the high line amp...

Sorry I need to go back and read not skim but those were my initial responses. Think I managed to get my jaw off the floor with no lasting damage Laughing

Post #96653916th Aug 2012 6:36 pm
race.it

Spain 

Think if you already have the 6 disk with std amp you just need to run 5 extra pairs of speaker wire (front doors 1 pair each, rear d pillars and the centre speaker on the dash, then also change the fron door speakers to have the separates, and plug amp in.

Then tell the ccf that's what you have installed.

Mine will be the hard way and involve a loom swap.

Post #96654316th Aug 2012 6:44 pm
BBS SPY
Site Sponsor 

Cyprus 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 Base 7 Seat Auto Bonatti GreyDiscovery 3

Quote:
Colin. Wow. Total respect

Don't feel so bad. many only think of me as the owner of BBS with no interest other than producing and selling diagnostic equipment. That i really do love my Landies and am happy to skin my knuckles just like everyone else does in an effort to improve them is something very few appreciate.

I really believe that theory and knowledge is all well and good, and many can get by with just that, but if you really want to learn and know everything about something, absolutely nothing surpasses having proper hands on experience. Phisically upgrading my own vehicles was as much about learnig as the results.

I do have a particular interest in the MOST bus type infotainment fitted in Land Rover vehicles, and here is a link to a You Tube video about that.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=96LXYiCW8Ks...ature=plcp

Understandably, given the time frame you will only have skimmed the posts. I am sure you will now look them over more carefully.

Race.it has had a bit more time and gets this Logic 7 upgrade requirement.

fair play to him for going the harder way with a Loom swap Thumbs Up

As mentioned by PM, the biggest and most difficult aspect is getting an extra pair of speaker wires into both front doors.

Post #96656416th Aug 2012 7:35 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Post Reply
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >