Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > Maintenance & Mods (D3)

RUNNING CABLE FROM BONNET TO CAB?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
GLYNNE

England 
RUNNING CABLE FROM BONNET TO CAB?

Confused I remember reading how to run a cable from under the bonnet to inside the cabin but can not find it on here now Banging Head . Can anyone HELP as it may be quicker if someone has some experience in this but in the meanwhile i will keep on searching.
cheers Zambezi Silver Big Cry

Post #11277623rd Dec 2006 1:58 pm
DG
Site Moderator 

Wales 

There a rubber gromit on the left hand side of the bulkhead near to the spare battery compartment. It comes out behind the cover below the steering wheel ISTR. Sorry I can't be more specific Confused
 21 year LR veteran > D2 GS 2003 > D3 S 2006 > D3 HSE 2009 > D4 HSE 2013 > D4 HSE 2015 > D5 HSE 2018 > DS HSE R-Dynamic P300e 2021  
Post #11277723rd Dec 2006 2:07 pm
toxxic

Canada 2008 LR3 4.0 V6 Petrol SE Auto Stornoway GreyLR3

its hard to get my hand down there. I only see one rubber grommet but it already has a wire inside it? Is there a rubber grommet without a wire inside it?
 Land Rover LR3 SE v4.0

Matte Black Wrapped with Chrome Edging, Front Grille, Aftermarket Reversing Camera, Aftermarket Parking Sensors, Curt Class III Hitch, 

Post #9629056th Aug 2012 2:20 am
Simon.pl

Poland 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 Base 5 Seat Auto Unknown ColourDiscovery 3

There is only one grommet with the wire loom in it. It's quite hard to put the cable through, but it is possible 8) If you use piece of a wire to help be careful not to break the isolation of the cables in the loom! Wink
 Wrapped Satin Yellow&Black; Lovells 2" Gas Legend Kit, OME hard springs. ATX 192 17" wheels with Cooper STT M/T tires. ProSpeed Roof Rack & Rear Ladder. Custom made underbody protection, front bumper, rock sliders, spare wheel and accessories mountings, drawer system. WARN 9,5XP Winch. Front and Rear Light Guards, Safari Snorkel. VIAIR X'treme Duty OBA, Traxide USI-160 system, Danhag GSM & IPCU modules, IID Tool BT, James Baroud roof tent and awnings, and air horn for fun Smile  
Post #9629066th Aug 2012 4:41 am
toxxic

Canada 2008 LR3 4.0 V6 Petrol SE Auto Stornoway GreyLR3

ye i found it thanks. very hard to see inside had to put a torch in there and also very hard to get my hands in there with all the obstructions of these little pipes everywhere and cables. But manager to do it. I put a hole in with a screw driver and the screw bit kind of got stuck which got me worried but when i looked on the far left underneath the steering wheel with a torch i could see the drill bit sticking out. To put in a 10 gauge wire I taped it onto the screw driver and then from outside poked a hole in, the drill bit and wire got stuck and i could easily pull screw driver out then from inside i pulled the drillbit with wire taped on it and took the tape off then pulled the wire. I got three wires running through, earth, power from aux battery both of them are 10 gauge and one for the battery monitor BG-12 which attaches to my isolator which is 16 gauge. Tommorrow I shall install my custom second battery setup. Trying to find a place to put my circuit breakers.
 Land Rover LR3 SE v4.0

Matte Black Wrapped with Chrome Edging, Front Grille, Aftermarket Reversing Camera, Aftermarket Parking Sensors, Curt Class III Hitch, 

Post #9629086th Aug 2012 5:10 am
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >