Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > Finance, Insurance and Warranties

Land Rover or other warranties
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
jedi

Scotland 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 XS Manual Stornoway GreyDiscovery 3
Land Rover or other warranties

My car is coming up to 3yrs old in september. LR have sent through their warranty info. There are 2 to choose from the approved warranty at £835 or the select one £665 Land rover assistance is an optional extra.
Has any one any experience of these especially the select warranty. Or should I try warranty direct or another company ? I want a warranty that is worth having just in case.
Your views and experiences are welcomed.
Thanks.
 Disco 1 200tdi, Td5 x2, Range Rover 200tdi, P38, Defender 90, D3 (05) D3 (57)  
Post #95504015th Jul 2012 7:54 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Leesbay

United Kingdom 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 S Manual Cairns BlueDiscovery 3

whilst i have warranty direct policy, i would prefer a plan that has a closer link to LR just in case. I have a BMW policy with BMW for a 2005 3 series which gives exactly the same cover as if I bought iit yesterday from the main dealers for £450

WD extra care policy for LR3 will likely cost the thin end of £550 for the year. have read however that the LR policy is an associated insurance company anyway and not direct LR, so if this is the case pick the best policy for the money.

My research led me, as with many other members on this forum to WD

rememeber that the best insurance policy pays out the most when you need it the most. The premium is not applicable at this point!
 ....................................................................................................

If my wife ever sells my stuff for what she thinks I paid for them, you lot are gonna get some bargains! 

Post #95509615th Jul 2012 10:35 pm
DG
Site Moderator 

Wales 

I have the approved LR policy with assistance. I go to sleep every night with the knowledge that if something goes wrong I`ll have the motor recovered to my dealer, I`ll get a replacement motor and I`ll pick it up again when its fixed without having a fight or having to reclaim the money myself. My dealer has told me that I would go a long way to find any difference between the approved and a normal LR warranty. I plan to hold them to that Very Happy
 21 year LR veteran > D2 GS 2003 > D3 S 2006 > D3 HSE 2009 > D4 HSE 2013 > D4 HSE 2015 > D5 HSE 2018 > DS HSE R-Dynamic P300e 2021  
Post #95512615th Jul 2012 11:28 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >