Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > Technical (D3)

Damage to brake booster
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
disco68

Italy 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 S Auto Zermatt SilverDiscovery 3
Damage to brake booster

As probably already happened to some of you, a few days ago also the brake booster on my 2006 Disco3 decided to stop working: unfortunately, announced his intentions at the worst time, while I drove my car on the ramp down in a parking and I had to stop "the beast" ... I don't describe the "emotions" tried, unforgettable!
In any case, dealer verify the presence of oil in the brake booster, which must therefore be replaced, together with the vacuum tube .... but unfortunately this is not enought, then it is also replaced the vacuum pump and master cylinder.
Now the brakes are OK, but I have a doubt regarding the behaviour of the brake pedal and I ask you to help to understand if, as I hope, this is just my impression, or if there is really something wrong.
As I already said now the braking is perfect and the brake pedal has the right consistency, but, when I release the brake pedal it returns to the rest position with a little of slowness, it doesn't follow with the same speed the movement of the foot, but returns a bit more slowly. I hope I am able to explain to you, maybe my English isn't perfect, thanks for comprehension .
The dealer says this behaviour is perfectly normal, and unfortunately I can not remember as it was at the first ... your brake pedal behave in the same way?
Thanks a lot
 D3 TDV6, Zermatt Silver, Coil Spring Suspension, Tyres 285/55 R 18
D4 TDV6, Santorini Black, Coil Spring Suspension, Tyres 285/45 R 20 

Post #95756222nd Jul 2012 9:14 am
Flack

England 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 XS Auto Stornoway GreyDiscovery 3

disco68

sounds normal to me and don't forget if they have replaced all those parts then they will be stiff until they bed in, also your old servo and master cylinder would have been worn and very slack. What you are seeing sounds right to me, just give it a few miles and see if its eased off a bit.
As long as its not lagging behind by a large amount it should be fine.

Flack Thumbs Up

Post #95758022nd Jul 2012 10:16 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Post Reply
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >