DISCO3.CO.UK > Wheels & Tyres

4 wheel alignment in west midlands
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
al cope

England 
4 wheel alignment in west midlands

Guys

I was looking for somewhere to get my wheel alignment checked, and had ben advised to find somewhere who had the Hunter 4 wheel gear to do this, well I have.........

A Line in Wellington Road, Dudley.

I thought I had a rear out of line, but it turns out not. Front tracking was out, and this is after the dealer has just replaced ball joints and bushes. No sign of a spanner been anywhere near the trackrod ends Evil or Very Mad

Saying that, 25quid for a full check, plus adjust tracking, not bad at all. You get a print out before and after.

Seemed like a relly decent place. no link to them, just used them today.

Al
 Volvo XC90 B5 Plus Dark
Gone - MY18 D5 HSE - Corris on 22's with Black Pack
Now gone - MY16 D4 SE Tech, Loire Blue, Almond Leather, Privacy, plus some other goodies.
Old - MY12 D4 SDV6 XS Auto - Ipanema Sand with Almond Leather - Plus other niceties, and D4.com sticker
Older - D3 TDV6 XS Auto - Lugano Teal with Almond Leather, 20" Stormers, Shiny Tailpipes, DVD/TV - and obligatory D3 sticker
Ancient - D3 TDV6 S - Tonga with Ebony, 20" Stormers, satnav & DVD 

Post #91159519th Mar 2012 11:16 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
dunton10

United Kingdom 2015 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 SE Tech Auto Corris GreyDiscovery 4

As an alternative look up Addison Tyres of Tipton. They have hunter trained mechanics and offer excellent service at a reasonable cost. Take a look at their webiste. I have no connection with the firm but have used them for replacement tyres, alloy refurb and 4 wheel alignment on my Porsche. They did an excellent job and Jason the boss is very good at customer service and ensures his staff do likewise. Its a pleasure to deal with someone who cares and I would recommend them to any forum members in the Black Country/Birmingham area.

Post #91169019th Mar 2012 3:06 pm
al cope

England 

to be honest, it was chioce bewtween them and A Line - just opted for A line first. Thumbs Up

Al
 Volvo XC90 B5 Plus Dark
Now gone - MY16 D4 SE Tech, Loire Blue, Almond Leather, Privacy, plus some other goodies.
Old - MY12 D4 SDV6 XS Auto - Ipanema Sand with Almond Leather - Plus other niceties, and D4.com sticker
Older - D3 TDV6 XS Auto - Lugano Teal with Almond Leather, 20" Stormers, Shiny Tailpipes, DVD/TV - and obligatory D3 sticker

Post #91172119th Mar 2012 4:26 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
bp

United Kingdom 

hmmm might be visiting that place soon Thumbs Up
 Don’t worry it is supposed to sound like that...honest  
Post #91220020th Mar 2012 6:02 pm
al cope

England 

well given my tracking was only slightly out, I've run down to Bracknell and back today, and I must say its noticably smoother, none of the subtle tugging on the rutted sections of the motorway - right now, a very well spent 25quid.

Al
 Volvo XC90 B5 Plus Dark

Post #91221920th Mar 2012 7:07 pm
Dunny1

United Kingdom 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Java BlackDiscovery 3

Just had my tracking 4 wheel alignment done today and got a print out also, total cost £98.00 anyone got any idea or info of what the tolarances are ?

This is what I got but don,t know if alls OK

Front total toe was -7.00 now -1.60
Front Partial toe NS was -1.30 now -0.80 Front Partial Toe OS was -5.70 now -0.80
Rear Total toe was +3.80 now +1.50
Rear Partial toe NS was +3.30 now + 0.80, Rear Partial Toe OS was +0.60 now +0.80

Post #91258221st Mar 2012 5:53 pm
discohugh

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Buckingham BlueDiscovery 3

Last year I drove behind my 5 series BMW and noticed that it was crabbing slightly. Took much advice and had three mechanics attempt to adjust the back end before finally booking in at a tyre centre which had installed a new Hunter set up. The technician struggled to free up the locking bolts, eventually giving up having done the back end only. The machine said that the work done was within tolerances. I left and took the car to a small company, the owners of which set up race cars (and road cars). They immediately found that the settings were massively out. I rang the guys with the Hunter who said I could take it back and they would have another go. I didn't bother, paid the second garage and have enjoyed the past 20000 miles without issue. So in my eyes the guys to avoid are Jeffries of Bromsgrove and the good guys ( with old fashioned mirror set uo ) Stratford tyres. The latter run by two excellent young men, helpful and good value !!
 Discovery 3 HSE 55 plate Buckingham Blue with Alpacha
Discovery 300 TDI auto, one of the last, now gone
Freelander 2 gs manual, from new, now gone
Defender td5 full county pack, from new lovely lovely, now gone
Defender 110 12 seater 300tdi no heater, good prep for antarctic, now gone
various old farm landies, what a way to learn to drive !!! 

Post #91267021st Mar 2012 9:36 pm
azurar01

United Kingdom 2011 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Zermatt SilverDiscovery 4

For the correct values check out:

http://www.disco3.co.uk/gallery/albums/use...gnment.pdf
 D4 SDV6 HSE 11MY - Gone
D3 TDV6 HSE 08MY - Gone 

Post #91283822nd Mar 2012 11:01 am
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >