Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > Australia & New Zealand

tyre size 265?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Big Kev

Australia 
tyre size 265?

I am up for new tyres soon .I have been running Cooper STT (245's very happy with them just a bit noisy . Want to go to St max but size is a problem 265/70/17 is the smallest . Has anyone had that size fitted. I have a arb bull bar fitted,any issues with rubbing on full lock. looking forward to replies
Thanks Kev

Post #88145810th Jan 2012 10:13 am
disco4x4au

Australia 

Lots of people with that size. Some rubbing at full flex at the front of the rear wheel-well liner. If it bothers you, you can remove the liner, bend back the metal seam and replace.

Cheers,

Gordon
 ex - 2006 D3 TDV6 SE, silver, with lots of stuff - R.I.P.
ex - 2009 D3 TDV6 SE, silver, had lots of stuff too!
Now - 2010 RRS 3.0 TDV6, rimini red, 18" rims + Cooper LTZ, rear eLocker, Spider tuning box, GOE protection plates and rock sliders, GOE 3way shortened rods. 

Post #88189111th Jan 2012 2:20 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
IanR

Australia 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 S Auto Chawton WhiteDiscovery 3

G'day Kev

Good to see you are still out there enjoying the D3 - how is the trailer going? I am now running STT 245/70/17 after wearing out a set of STs. Would prefer to go to the ST Max but like you not sure about the 265! C'mon Mr Cooper extend your range!!!!!

Hi Gordon

Your sport looks the goods in the Feb 12 4X4 Australia mag! They didn't give any details on your shortened rods - are they suitable for a D3, are they fixed length or can they be adjusted by a few mm? If so could be handy to use in conjunction with my IIDTool.
 'S' TDV6, Air suspension, Terrain Response, Active rear diff, Safari Snorkel, Opposite Lock rear wheel carrier, OL drawer system, Cargo Barrier, Dual batteries with Rotronics isolator, GME 3440 UHF. Codan NGT HF, Asus UMPC running TrackRanger. Cooper LT245/70R17 STTs when off-road. Tow Ultimate off-road camper.  
Post #88190411th Jan 2012 7:53 am
disco4x4au

Australia 

IanR wrote:

Hi Gordon

Your sport looks the goods in the Feb 12 4X4 Australia mag! They didn't give any details on your shortened rods - are they suitable for a D3, are they fixed length or can they be adjusted by a few mm? If so could be handy to use in conjunction with my IIDTool.

They're two-position quick swap-over rods. Yes, they'll fit a D3. You can email me for more info.

Cheers,

Gordon
 ex - 2006 D3 TDV6 SE, silver, with lots of stuff - R.I.P.
ex - 2009 D3 TDV6 SE, silver, had lots of stuff too!
Now - 2010 RRS 3.0 TDV6, rimini red, 18" rims + Cooper LTZ, rear eLocker, Spider tuning box, GOE protection plates and rock sliders, GOE 3way shortened rods. 

Post #88234212th Jan 2012 12:52 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Big Kev

Australia 

Thanks guys I think I will try the 265's the agent said he will try to fit them. Off to Pilbara, Ningaloo and Kimberley in April with the trailer .Looking forward to the adventure. If anybody is planning going that way drop me aline.

Kev
Ps Ian the trailer has been great , even the handbrake likes it.

Post #88234912th Jan 2012 6:22 am
WayneD

Location: Sydney Darwin ,Singapore, USA, UK and now country NSW

Australia 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Auto Zermatt SilverDiscovery 3

Hi Kev,
Seems like you have been everwhere with that trailer. Certainly have got your moneies worth. How long are you going to be spending in WA?
 Take the road less traveled. Dual battery system.ORS drawers,LR cargo Barrier.ARB Bull bar,side protection bars,Mickey Thompson ATR's 17" rims, Rear wheel carrier, radiator guard TPMS Mitchell Bros Tow Hitch LR RAI Steel Rims , GME UHF, Off Road GPS, Llams (yet to be fitted)  
Post #88236412th Jan 2012 8:48 am
IanR

Australia 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 S Auto Chawton WhiteDiscovery 3

Kev - these are our 3 main trips towing the Ultimate Camper:

Apr - Aug 2008:

Mar - Sept 2010:

May - Aug 2011:
Couldn't get map photo to display so this is link to trip in my gallery
http://www.disco3.co.uk/gallery/thumbnails.php?album=21130

The Kimberley, The Pilbra and The Simpson would be my favourites. Make sure you have a swim with the Whale Sharks at Ningaloo!
 'S' TDV6, Air suspension, Terrain Response, Active rear diff, Safari Snorkel, Opposite Lock rear wheel carrier, OL drawer system, Cargo Barrier, Dual batteries with Rotronics isolator, GME 3440 UHF. Codan NGT HF, Asus UMPC running TrackRanger. Cooper LT245/70R17 STTs when off-road. Tow Ultimate off-road camper.  
Post #88238912th Jan 2012 10:25 am
Big Kev

Australia 

Hi Wayne, nice to hear from you.Should be in WA from the end of May till at least August.Leave Sydney early April through the centre and the Gunbarrel Highway to the coast.Whale sharks definitely on the list.
Kev

Post #88283613th Jan 2012 11:18 am
WayneD

Location: Sydney Darwin ,Singapore, USA, UK and now country NSW

Australia 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Auto Zermatt SilverDiscovery 3

Could be back in Oz 2nd half 2012 and if so will head back to Sydney from Darqin down the Westerd Aust coast.
If that is the case my see you on the road. Have a great trip Very Happy
 Take the road less traveled. Dual battery system.ORS drawers,LR cargo Barrier.ARB Bull bar,side protection bars,Mickey Thompson ATR's 17" rims, Rear wheel carrier, radiator guard TPMS Mitchell Bros Tow Hitch LR RAI Steel Rims , GME UHF, Off Road GPS, Llams (yet to be fitted)  
Post #88328214th Jan 2012 2:22 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >