DISCO3.CO.UK > Blackbox Solutions

Amazing new BBS development.
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 10 of 13 <123 ... 910 111213>
BBS SPY
Site Sponsor 

Cyprus 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 Base 7 Seat Auto Bonatti GreyDiscovery 3

Marco

Forget the FCR, you do not need it connected at all. Only the lead you have with it.

You must connect and Run the software that connects the VCI to the internet before you log into the Genesis web site.

what you have happening is because you logged into the Genesis site before you made the VCI2 connection

Do not worry for needing our help. In testing things, it is actually good to have the widest possible range of testers Thumbs Up

Now we have to accomodate this possibility we learn can be so from you in Genesis.

Colin

Post #94382918th Jun 2012 2:33 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
marco 110

France 2012 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Fuji WhiteDiscovery 4

Colin ! You are the boss Thumbs Up

OK

I will test it yet!!
Without the FCR, I plug the cable "lead" on the OBD2 car, then with the USB to RS232 adapter, I plug in my laptop, I turned the ignition on the car and start the programe "Genesis", then I'open my web browser, logged Into the Genesis site, and I run the diagnostics, all this, still without the FCR!? .............

1....2.....3....ready , go !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

'll keep you informed soon.....I hope.. Laughing
 Marco.
-D4 sdv6 HSE 2012 , high beam assist , surround cam, tv , and a lot of nice stuff..

http://www.youtube.com/user/marcsteph110?feature=mhum

Ex :
-90 td 1989
-110sw td5 2000
-D3 tdv6 SE 2006

Post #94383118th Jun 2012 2:47 pm
marco 110

OK, now, the website said : invalid login !!!!!! Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad
 Marco.
-D4 sdv6 HSE 2012 , high beam assist , surround cam, tv , and a lot of nice stuff..

Ex :
-90 td 1989
-110sw td5 2000
-D3 tdv6 SE 2006

Post #94385618th Jun 2012 3:44 pm
Bodsy
Site Sponsor 

United Kingdom 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Java BlackDiscovery 3

your battery will be flat by the time you get connected Marco Laughing Thumbs Up
 Bodsys Brake Bible

D4/D3 Remote FBH heat kits
BAS Remaps/ EGR Blank
Transmission Flush
Software updates/enabling

Clock/ SNOTM /3Flash / 4x4Info /BT Update /Service Reset/Error Codes / Gearbox Reset
See It Here 

Post #94385918th Jun 2012 3:51 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
marco 110

Rolling with laughter

Ian : Twisted Evil

The software on my laptop work fine, connected vci device on com9 , connected to vbf2.blackbox-solutions.com

And NOW : invalid user-name or password on the website Censored Censored

Try a new registration , and we see................................................
 Marco.

Ex :
-90 td 1989
-110sw td5 2000
-D3 tdv6 SE 2006

Post #94386518th Jun 2012 3:59 pm
BBS SPY
Site Sponsor 

Hiya Marco,
When you first registered for your account on Genesis, in the Box labeled "VCI2 Serial number" you entered the Serial number of your FCR Whistle

Once again, you managed to find something we did not imagine might happen and so give us something more to add and improve on the registration part of the genesis system.

Believe it or not, you are actually doing really brilliantly as a Beta tester Thumbs Up Thumbs Up Thumbs Up

We have managed to figure out ourselves what your VCI serial number is, but it cannot be just changed, so we had to re create a new account for you and delete the old one.
This has reset your password back to what it was before you changed it, so you just need to use the Login details you were first given again Thumbs Up

Post #94389018th Jun 2012 4:36 pm
marco 110

Yep Colin

And.................................................It's work !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thumbs Up

I reset my account and password myself.....
I also authorize the program in my firewall "comodo free" (win xp SP3)

What a disappointment to be unable to enter the CCF, just read codes, clear codes (not sure if it works, About Us!) And reset service interval! Wink
As you can see, with your sharp eye, I tested: lo-line, and hi-line option, found no differences? Normal?

More strongly, I want more! Bow down
What are the plans? We will have access to software updates of the vehicle, for example as a MSV2? ...
Thank you Colin and all your team for this work !!!!! Thumbs Up
 Marco.

Ex :
-90 td 1989
-110sw td5 2000
-D3 tdv6 SE 2006

Last edited by marco 110 on 19th Jul 2012 11:58 am. Edited 1 time in total 
Post #94390618th Jun 2012 5:05 pm
BBS SPY
Site Sponsor 

Hiya Marco

I think i may possibly not be the only one who is happy for you that you have now finally got this working Thumbs Up Thumbs Up Thumbs Up

Currently, the main aim of Beta testing Genesis is not so much about the Diagnostic functionality provided specifically for Beta Testing, but actually more about the registration process, any difficulties with Java and firewalls etc, establishing a good and reliable connection from different places in the world and so on.

The problems you have encountered and highlighted here on this thread may seem like only some basic and simple mis understanding, but when you are trying to make something as simple and easy to use as we are with Genesis, your experience and input is truly valuable to us, and as a direct result we have already made a number of improvements to the system.

For Example, Genesis now picks up a VCI2 data connection, even if it is made after logging in, and we are adding screening to the submitted VCI2 serial number to reject anything not in the valid number range Thumbs Up

Post #94392318th Jun 2012 5:57 pm
marco 110

Thumbs Up

Yep , I'm happy to help !!!!!

There are tests you want me to do? Do you need something in particular?

Feel free to ask!
 Marco.

Ex :
-90 td 1989
-110sw td5 2000
-D3 tdv6 SE 2006

Post #94392418th Jun 2012 6:02 pm
BBS SPY
Site Sponsor 

Cheers Marco Thumbs Up

Just spend as much time playing with the system and the functions we have provided for you as you can.

You do seem to have a natural and, so far, unique ability to discover any possible weakness that might well exist in Genesis that we have not yet thought of or possibly imagined. Wink

Let us know if you experience any odd disconnection etc.

Note that if you do loose the connection for any reason, without properly logging out, you will not be able to re connect for 10 minutes.

Also, you may not know the difference between Tested and Not Tested Fault codes.

An explaination of this can be found here

https://www.blackbox-solutions.com/shop/help/SM129.html

Post #94395618th Jun 2012 7:10 pm
marco 110

Colin

reading very informative, thank you!

Now I know that I have the High line Instrument Pack Wink

I am impressed by the possibilities , especially this : SM129 - DISCOVERY 3 (LR3) - Diagnostic Capabilities (Settings) Idea

I am very excited for more! , Very interesting for me!

why I did not directly buy a MSV2 ................... If only my budget minister , SWMBO, could understand the capabilities of these tools!! Laughing

I will do tomorrow Lots of tests, I have time right now, since my back surgery ..

Three months blocked at home Mad

Cheers......
 Marco.

Ex :
-90 td 1989
-110sw td5 2000
-D3 tdv6 SE 2006

Post #94403018th Jun 2012 9:59 pm
Ajay(UK)

England 2014 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Lux Auto Firenze RedDiscovery 4

Hi Colin,

I must be a cCensoredp beta tester as unlike Marco I cannot find anything wrong Laughing

Fired up the Win-doze 7 laptop, connected the VCI 2 lead via LD040 adaptor (which arrived today) to my serial to USB cable, started Genesis client program and then "started communication", next opened a browser window and logged into the Genesis Website and "started diagnosis" 8) All fine so far even using a relatively slow (2mb) home wifi broadband connection Embarassed

Read and cleared a few fault codes and then read and saved a number of ECU settings before logging out of the Genesis website and then leaving the laptop connected in the car wandered back in doors for a second bash using my new iPad with the same seemless operation and results Thumbs Up

Genesis is a very clever development for BBS - Congratulations Colin to you and your team Thumbs Up

Andy.
 2022MY Defender 110 D250 HSE X Dynamic, Gondwana with options!
2015 Range Rover 4.4 SDV8 Autobiography, Indus Silver, Black Pack
Gone:Disco 4 HSE Luxury, Firenze Red, Ebony/Ivory
Gone:2006 FFRR TD6 Autobiography, Black
Gone: 2013 Jaguar XKR Convertible, Italian Racing Red😢
Gone: 2008 Disco 3 HSE, Hybrid Tv + Retro-fit RSE System & DVD
Gone: 2010 FFRR TDV8 Vogue SE, RSE & DVD, Stornoway Grey 

Post #94403518th Jun 2012 10:05 pm
Bill Wright

England 2015 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 SE Tech Auto Kaikoura StoneDiscovery 4

Juts re-licenced my FCR for MY12 so of to Maplins to buy a USB/Serial converter so that I can have a dabble.

Give me a day or so Colin and I hope to report back.

Bill Thumbs Up
 Never take life too seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway.

D4 SDV6 SE Tech Kaikoura Stone MY15. 

Post #94416519th Jun 2012 9:40 am
bellautos

United Kingdom 2010 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 SE Auto Santorini BlackDiscovery 4

I was having a bit of a play today with Genesis trying everything I could to break it and make it fail if it were ever possibile Whistle . Of course no matter what I did it didnt fail to operate as expected Thumbs Up.

so I thought id give the IPhone a go while I was at it and Ive uploaded a couple of screen shots I took at the time to share.

Even though the IPhone screen is quite small compared to a PC or laptop the Genesis system was still easy to use and did eaxctly what is said on the tin Mr. Green

What still amazes me is the speed it works. I was connected to the internet on the IPhone by a wifi connection 3G router in an area that barely gets phone signal and the car was connected via my works main WiFi so both not on the same network, and STILL the connections and communications made to the car was instant. I could tell because I could hear the relay in the cable clicking when it was changing bus speeds or resetting exactly as I press commanded it to do things via my phone. Amazing!

I think this is a fantastic developement in diagnostic capabilitys and shows how cutting edge the BBS team are when it comes to producing things no one else dreams of or dare attempt. I can see this type of internet based diagnostic functionality being the way forward in the future and im sure the BBS team will be leading the way with it.

Well done the BBS team.

Regards Pete

Post #94444819th Jun 2012 9:29 pm
BBS SPY
Site Sponsor 

Cheers guys
Many thanks for your comments of appreciation Embarassed
This is indeed a very clever and advanced system with absolutely vast future potential, and while we have always been the leaders in developing the most advanced and innovative technology, it is a first for us to so develop something so publicly.

Most will not know that when we developed out first ever diagnostic system in 1996, eventually released in 1999, not only was not only the first and only independent Diagnostic system for Land Rovers, that like today had capabilities that put LR to shame, big style, but physically it was also the worlds first ever touch screen tablet type device. Shave 20mm off it's depth and remove the 2 side grab handles we added and you would have something that today is instantly recognized as an IPAD !!!
It was instantly copied, and if you are still using an inch thick Tablet type device for doing Land Rover diagnostics, with grab handles on each side, at least now you know why Wink

Sadly, the speed of our developing Genesis has been very slow, and certainly not helped by last years interruptions. However much of the reason for this has been due to the need to make Genesis, and it's data connection especially, utterly bullet proof.

I am especially interested to read that Andy and Pete have tested the element of having the Vehicle connected Via a PC / Laptop and then using another totally different device, In this case Apple based, to Log in and access that connection.

This really highlights the separation element of the system. And although i have previously explained that this is possible, It really is quite amazing when you experience this in practice even if the vehicle is outside and you are inside on a device that you could never previously dream of using to perform diagnostics with.

It is interesting that you note the speed it works at Pete.
Typically when you use a web browser, especially with poor and slow connectivity, you are downloading HTML pages with pictures and text that adds up to hundreds of thousands of bytes of data transfer, hence we are all used to the internet being something where everything you click on seems to take a few seconds or more to show a result.

However, when you click on a button in Genesis, the amount of data that the Genesis server has to send to the VCI2 and get back is usually in the sub 100 bytes area. So the actual vehicle communications part is indeed blisteringly fast Thumbs Up

I do However note with interest in your comments Pete, that only the almost inaudible sound of the relay in the VCI 2 responding to your browser issued commands, gave away how fast Genesis is to you, and this has made me appreciate, that although we have provided a small number of basic functions for the Beta Testers to use and play with, there is currently nothing that provides real time visual feedback.

Especially since we have now successfully learned as much as much as we could have ever hoped for about any problems with the initial registration and connection process, and that the connection is as reliable as expected, we are now working on adding the Instrument Pack outputs for all the LCD displays, Gauges and Warning lamps that we had in the Demo. Besides giving something more to play with, this will allow the Beta Testers to assess the systems response times.

I also hope that someone will connect their vehicle and have some friend or relative from as far away as possible, even in a different country, log in and have a play.

Colin

Post #94477120th Jun 2012 6:04 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 10 of 13 <123 ... 910 111213>
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >