Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > Maintenance & Mods (D3)

Ride Height Calibration using IIDTool
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
IanR

Australia 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 S Auto Chawton WhiteDiscovery 3
Ride Height Calibration using IIDTool

Our D3 was very high on Rear Right and slightly high on Front Right - looked terrible when parked on flat surface. In less than an hour (including taking all measurements) thanks to IIDTool it sits perfectly level. A simple process which I will detail later.

The measurements and calibration information are on my gallery. Use link below to view:

http://www.disco3.co.uk/gallery/albums/use...ration.pdf

The IIDTool arrived on Monday afternoon and has been really easy to use - so far I have looked through all menus, viewed stored error codes (see link below) and levelled out what was a very bad lean to the left!

http://www.disco3.co.uk/gallery/albums/use...nstall.pdf

Next step is to set up and store Normal Height -20, Normal Height +20 and Normal Height +50 - one of these calibration values can then be applied in seconds with resultant change in ride height whilst still in Normal Height setting. +50 gives off-road height without being restricted by 40odd kph limit.

This post has been edited by the site administration team
Link updated - now direct to PDF
 'S' TDV6, Air suspension, Terrain Response, Active rear diff, Safari Snorkel, Opposite Lock rear wheel carrier, OL drawer system, Cargo Barrier, Dual batteries with Rotronics isolator, GME 3440 UHF. Codan NGT HF, Asus UMPC running TrackRanger. Cooper LT245/70R17 STTs when off-road. Tow Ultimate off-road camper. 

Last edited by IanR on 14th Dec 2011 10:41 pm. Edited 2 times in total 
Post #87062814th Dec 2011 3:36 am
caverD3

Australia 2012 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 SE Auto Fuji WhiteDiscovery 4

Ian,
Sounds good been thinking about ordering one. Any issues with MY12 D4?
Are you able to make it to the Ranch on Tuesday?
 â€œThere are only three sports: bullfighting, motor racing, and mountaineering; all the rest are merely games”
Ernest Hemmingway
D4 3.0 Active Diff, Adaptive Lights, High Beam Assist, Surround Cameras, Privacy Glass.
D3 2.7:Adaptive Headlights,Electronic Rear Diff,ARB Bar,Blaupunkt Speakers,JVC Powered Subwoofer,Removable Snorkel,Mitch Hitch,Pioneer After Market Head Unit,Steering Wheel Control Adaptor,Remote Adjustable Supension Rod System, Taxside Dual Battery System. 

Post #87063014th Dec 2011 5:27 am
~Rich~

Australia 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Zermatt SilverDiscovery 3

Unnecessary quote removed

Ok Andrew, you let the cat out of the bag now!!!
3.0 or 2.7???
See you next Tue in a D3. Wink
 2005 TDV6 HSE Silver, LLAMS Height Controller, Tinted Glass, Onroad - 19" GG AT's, Offroad - 18" 275/65 MT, Traxside Dual Battery kit, Rasta Protection Plate, Alpine Roof, BAS Remap, ARB Air Compressor, eDiff Smile Custom Drawer and storage unit -http://www.box.com/s/jem0ilac3cner2mexq64 UHF CB, 4x4 Intellegence RWC, 120ltr Long range tank, Rock Sliders and Compressor protection plate Beanie grill, De Tango.  
Post #87063314th Dec 2011 6:08 am
caverD3

Australia 2012 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 SE Auto Fuji WhiteDiscovery 4

Good question. Whistle
 â€œThere are only three sports: bullfighting, motor racing, and mountaineering; all the rest are merely games”
Ernest Hemmingway
D4 3.0 Active Diff, Adaptive Lights, High Beam Assist, Surround Cameras, Privacy Glass.
D3 2.7:Adaptive Headlights,Electronic Rear Diff,ARB Bar,Blaupunkt Speakers,JVC Powered Subwoofer,Removable Snorkel,Mitch Hitch,Pioneer After Market Head Unit,Steering Wheel Control Adaptor,Remote Adjustable Supension Rod System, Taxside Dual Battery System. 

Post #87063414th Dec 2011 6:15 am
IanR

Australia 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 S Auto Chawton WhiteDiscovery 3

G'day Andrew

I believe GAP have a version for D4.

The tool seems to be a work in progress and updates should be available via the net. The blokes I have had contact with (via email) seem really committed to producing a product which is both comprehensive and easy to use.

Would be nice to try on a D4. However, will have to stick with the D3 for a while longer - just about to click over 180000km and has seen some really interesting parts of Aus. (I still haven't added photos to my gallery of our 6 month trip to the west last year)

I will have a look at details for meet and will see if I can make it.

Ian
 'S' TDV6, Air suspension, Terrain Response, Active rear diff, Safari Snorkel, Opposite Lock rear wheel carrier, OL drawer system, Cargo Barrier, Dual batteries with Rotronics isolator, GME 3440 UHF. Codan NGT HF, Asus UMPC running TrackRanger. Cooper LT245/70R17 STTs when off-road. Tow Ultimate off-road camper.  
Post #87107414th Dec 2011 10:57 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >