Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > Technical (D3)

Injector problems
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 5 of 5 <12345
Nubber99

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Auto Tonga GreenDiscovery 3
Injector Part Numbers

Does anyone know the difference between the 4H-2Q-9K546AEG1-UHF injectors and the 7H-2Q-9K456-CB ? they are (allegedly) for the 2.7 engine, but I can't understand why there would be a part number difference?

Edit: 7H-2Q-9K456-CB _may_ be for the X Type with the 2.7 engine. Same power output as the Disco - 190 BHP, allegedly. So .... whats the difference?

Post #156588123rd Nov 2015 12:02 pm
jimbo1981

South Africa 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Zambezi SilverDiscovery 3

jimbo81 wrote:
I had a similar fault where it would stutter then go into limp mode. Fault code firstly pointed to EGRs but I didn't settle for that so just plugged a new one in to get rid of that fault, then it showed errors on injectors and fuel pressure- turned out to just be a fuel filter!!

Firstly, excellent choice of name jimbo81 LOL
Secondly, chuffed to hear stories like this when the alternative is over £1000!
 2005 Discovery 3 2.7 TDV6 HSE (Auto)  
Post #18546156th Sep 2017 4:59 am
gruodiz

Lithuania 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Buckingham BlueDiscovery 3
Re: I'm Back

Liston wrote:
Hey Guys,

After all the problems, I did a lot of digging regarding common rail pressure senders, gear box speed senders, Injection pump pressure valve. etc.
I had read some storys about the ZF Auto box giving the affect of engine misfire and vibration when you put the power on or towing up hill.
so I thought it was the cheap option to replace the gear box sump which contains the filter and change the gear box oil.

And Guess what ???. Cured the faults, Unbelivable, drives completly diffrent now. Thumbs Up

Can't believe that the auto box oil would make all that much change.
The oil was very dark and was well used. I am at present running on Dextron 2 for a week than going to change the oil out for Dextron 3 as this is the higher grade to use if you want it for long life ( they say upto 130k)

I,m a Agricultural engineer and have never sean such odd thing happen to a vehicle that the gear box oil would cause. We recon the oil was not holding pressure in the converter stator so letting go and then catching up this upset the EMS and causes the injection system to compensate giving the resulting red herring results.

Sounds strange that gearbox oil change solved fueling problem Shocked
On our situation fault codes were only these P120F P2290 and HPFP change solved the problem. Pressure control valve readings on live data were higher compared to other same D3, 54% compared to 33%. It was 2006 euro3 D3 Smile

Post #20652511st Jul 2019 8:07 am
Post Reply Back to top
Page 5 of 5 <12345
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >