Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > Technical (D3)

Question for those who have taken front bumper off
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
jjvd21

United States 2005 LR3 4.4 V8 HSE Auto Java BlackLR3
Question for those who have taken front bumper off

I'm looking to fit a new bumper cover to my D3, however the corner anchor point is missing on the particular one I want to put on. For those of you that have taken the front bumper cover off, how important is this corner anchor? Seems like the bumper is attached with multpile screws so one missing corner piece shouldn't make a huge difference. Thoughts?

Click image to enlarge

This piece is missing from the bumper I want to put on:
Click image to enlarge
 16 D4 Landmark
05 D3 HSE V8
THE original D4 spotter 

Post #83963225th Sep 2011 5:10 pm
DiscoDunc

England 2010 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Aintree GreenDiscovery 4

not that important as long as you ensure all other bolts are tight. that piece just makes sure its aligned but also help hold it in place
 Duncan
-----------------------------------------------------
If I'd known I was going to be so thirsty this morning I'd have drunk more beer last night.
FFRR Autobiography 4.4 SDV8 MY17
D4 HSE MY13 SOLD
FFRR 3.6 Vogue TDV8 SOLD
D4 HSE MY10 SOLD
D4 SE TECH MY15 SOLD
D4 XS MY12 SOLD
D4 HSE MY10 SOLD
D3 HSE MY06 - Re-Cycled Worldwide 

Post #83963525th Sep 2011 5:12 pm
Navigator

Location: Stay at Home. One of the lives you save could be your own.

Scotland 2015 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 SE Auto Causeway GreyDiscovery 4

One of those fell off on mine so it sticks out a bit. Only problem is that grass gets stuck in the gap now - not that it's the only place that happens!
 A vaccine does not stop you catching a virus, or passing it on, or getting ill from it, really ill. It does reduce the likelyhood of you dying when really, really ill. Stay Alive - KEEP AWAY FROM PEOPLE.  
Post #83965225th Sep 2011 6:17 pm
ids

England 

Don't think its that important. Took mine off the other day. That is just a peg that's used for locating it IMHO. The bolts etc are the important thing.

Did anyone else struggle with the four poxy T30 bolts underneath. All four snapped off on me, and that's after dousing them in plusgas. Ended having to drill and tap all four.

Bloody D3 is no better built or designed to be repaired than my old D1 Smile

Ids

Post #83973125th Sep 2011 8:54 pm
SADISCOBOB

South Africa 2006 Discovery 3 4.4 V8 HSE Auto Stornoway GreyDiscovery 3

Wish to differ with IDS - I think the D1 was the last proper LR. In this area, my old 300Tdi and later 2.8 Power Stroke D1 was bomb proof relative to my V8D3 or Td5 D2. The D3 has done 100 000 KLm ( 62000 ml ) on tar !!! and has BOTH Hydro bushes down. I would say that is a fair realisation that the life of this bush is approx. 60000 mls if treated well. I think that is a disgrace. My old D1 did 285000 klm and I then changed the Tdi for a PowerStroke. (My old engine is STILL roaming around Botswana in a defender), I then did a further 90000 klm before selling the D1 and got a D2 Td5. In all that time the front suspension never wore out - I put Bilsteins on but only for my preference not to replace b-----d bushes or shocks or ball joints. Coupled to this, the D1 spent at least 25000 klm of it's life in deep offroad African bush - fantastic vehicle, wish I still had it!
Big Cry
Sorry for rant, go well guys
Bob
 Life always good with a Landy

2006 LR DISCO 3 4.4 V8 HSE
DISCO 1 2.8 TDi
DISCO11 TD5
RR CLASSIC 1980 3.5 V8 

Post #84104328th Sep 2011 11:46 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
rnlisg

England 2008 Discovery 3 TDV6 GS Auto Zermatt SilverDiscovery 3
missing bit

i totaly agree with the thoughts above as long as its all aligned and the bolts are done up tight you should have no problem.i had the same trouble with the 4 bolts under the front 2 of mine snapped off Evil or Very Mad could not be botherd arsing about tapping it so just put the 2 good ones back(can i say arsing?) Whistle
sandy Thumbs Up
 s/steel side tubes,door trims with bright inlay,front and rear light guards,half chrome mirror caps,mud flaps,chrome finishers on boot and rear bumper step,chrome finishers round gear shift and cup holders,chrome door handle covers.d/4 grille conversion,chrome foglamp bezzells,parrot bluetooth.***sadly missed**********  
Post #84115228th Sep 2011 4:42 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >