DISCO3.CO.UK > Wheels & Tyres

19/20 inch RR Wheels on discovery ?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
TomVermeulen

Belgium 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Tonga GreenDiscovery 3
19/20 inch RR Wheels on discovery ?

Hi there

Maybe it's been asked before, but I couldn't find it...
(Simply says it's NOT possible, should be not too hard though ?)

How difficult is it to fit these babies onto a discovery ?

Seem to be a lot of good opportunities around...

Greetings
Tom

Post #82768321st Aug 2011 9:07 pm
al cope

England 

They are 19" earlier L322 RR alloys. They OK on a V8, but need spacers on a TDV6 to clear the front brake calipers. Also a full set of wheel nuts will be needed, as those use a smaller sleeve nut than the D3.

Al
 Volvo XC90 B5 Plus Dark
Gone - MY18 D5 HSE - Corris on 22's with Black Pack
Now gone - MY16 D4 SE Tech, Loire Blue, Almond Leather, Privacy, plus some other goodies.
Old - MY12 D4 SDV6 XS Auto - Ipanema Sand with Almond Leather - Plus other niceties, and D4.com sticker
Older - D3 TDV6 XS Auto - Lugano Teal with Almond Leather, 20" Stormers, Shiny Tailpipes, DVD/TV - and obligatory D3 sticker
Ancient - D3 TDV6 S - Tonga with Ebony, 20" Stormers, satnav & DVD 

Post #82775322nd Aug 2011 8:41 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
mzplcg

England 

You sure you got that right Al ?

The V8 had larger brakes than the TDV6. Question Surely a spacer would thus be required on the V8, no Question

Also, that same style of wheel without the extra holes in between the wheel nut holes (replaced with small dimples) are the post 2006 version which do not need different wheel nuts Thumbs Up

Dom

Post #82780722nd Aug 2011 11:19 am
al cope

England 

Dom

Yep - its sounds daft, but due to the way these are cast, they fould the calipers near the center on the TDV6, but due to the caliper being slightly further out on the V8, they clear it.

And, I'm pretty sure the dimple thing doesnt apply to these, thats the 7 spoke pre and post 2006 20" RR alloy.

Al
 Volvo XC90 B5 Plus Dark
Gone - MY18 D5 HSE - Corris on 22's with Black Pack
Now gone - MY16 D4 SE Tech, Loire Blue, Almond Leather, Privacy, plus some other goodies.
Old - MY12 D4 SDV6 XS Auto - Ipanema Sand with Almond Leather - Plus other niceties, and D4.com sticker
Older - D3 TDV6 XS Auto - Lugano Teal with Almond Leather, 20" Stormers, Shiny Tailpipes, DVD/TV - and obligatory D3 sticker
Ancient - D3 TDV6 S - Tonga with Ebony, 20" Stormers, satnav & DVD 

Post #82781622nd Aug 2011 11:38 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
mzplcg

England 

Weird thing with the brakes then Al. Only LR could manage that Wink

As regards the alloys, all FFRR alloys, be it 19 or 20 inch has a pre and post 2006 variant from what I've seen. The wheel nuts were changed across the board then and it coincided with the change in brake calipers on both diesel and petrol variants. Once the TDV8 came about they all got Brembos at the front so all 18" alloys were dropped leaving only the 19" HSE & Vogue, the 20" Vogue SE and the 20" Supercharged ones as standard fitment.

EDIT. Thinking about it, the 19" was a 6 spoke and it became a 7 spoke design in 2006 I think........

My question, which I can't find an answer to is will the 19" D3 HSE rims fit the FFRR 2006 onwards ? I want a set of winter/laning rims so I don't mess up the S/C alloys.

Dom.

Post #82802822nd Aug 2011 11:09 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >