Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > Australia & New Zealand

Accident Update
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Lex

Australia 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Zambezi SilverDiscovery 3
Accident Update

Just a quick update on the progress of the repairs Disco. After almost two months the repairer is still waiting for a right side curtain airbag to arrive from Land Rover in the UK. All of the other parts including the left side curtain airbag arrived some time ago. I am finding the whole process frustrating to say the least. It is not until you need real service that you find just how fragile some of the manufacturing setups really are. Behind all of the advertising glitz that LR bombards us with in all of the glossy magazines is I'm afraid; not a lot of substance. I am glad that I don't use this vehicle as a work vehicle as I think the delay in getting parts from LR would probably force me to buy somthing form Japan again.
 TDV6 HSE Zambezi/Tundra  
Post #21364010th Oct 2007 12:10 am
trikki

Australia 

I kind of know how you feel. I've been waiting for a lhs mirror housing and wheel guard since july. I'm thankful the car is driveable. What do people do if they don't have another car to drive. Surely LR should have access to parts in the UK that can be quickly sent out if needed. I'm told LR only assemble the cars to order and they have manufacturers that make the various parts and send them as required for new car orders. What do these manufacturers do when there are not too many orders - take a long holiday?

How much extra would it cost to send a couple of air bags and mirrors by air rather than sea. How long does it take to make these things. Do LR think LR owners never have accidents - well we might not but what about all the other nuts on the road

Post #21376110th Oct 2007 11:36 am
cdrtravis

Australia 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Auto Rimini RedDiscovery 3

Can't see an airbag coming by air - they contain things that go bang!
 '07 Disco 3 TDV6 SE
'97 Disco V8i SE (For Sale)
'07 Evo IX
'74 BMW 3.0S (For Sale) 

Post #22371513th Nov 2007 9:41 am
jonesy63

Location: Didn't we have a lovely time, the day we went to ...

Australia 2011 Discovery 4 TDV6 Base 7 Seat Auto Fuji WhiteDiscovery 4

I always thought there was a law which made car importers have parts on hand - here in Australia. From the amount of parts reported here (and first hand experience) - which require shipping from UK - I must be mistaken.

Land Rover: time to pick up your game... the clock is ticking! This behavior is not winning any friends.

Well, at least India or China are closer to Australia - when/if they are sold! Rolling Eyes

Rob

Post #22400014th Nov 2007 7:59 am
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >