Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > General

Fault-free D3 Shock Horror!
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 2 12>
cornwallboy

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 Base 7 Seat Auto Tonga GreenDiscovery 3
Fault-free D3 Shock Horror!

With growing dread, I seem to be detecting a marked reduction in posts on D3 faults and problems. God, no -- has Landrover cracked it? Has the enhancement/recall done the trick? And will the Disco be now leaving the factory virtually fault free with all know faults (compressor, EPB etc) cured? Unthinkable!

What shall I do, as long wet Cornwall winter nights stretch before me, no longer able to delve into this site? Will I have to sit with the wife and watch pouting Graham Norton host What shall we do with Maria or whatever, unable to flee here for invaluable advice, tips and corny humour-- my equivalent of hiding in the 'potting shed?'

Like others, the D3's foibles have made me even more fond of this magnificent vehicle. And Disco3.co.uk has proved a fatherly friend providing such superb advice from its expert user base.

Will I now have to buy a badly-made Merc 4x4 in order to nurse a vehicle with even more faults? Or should Landrover be sold by Ford to Lada in order to get our beloved Disco idiosyncracies back?

Please, someone, help. Does D3 Anonymous or Disco Relate yet exist?

PS--So, in desperation, I suggest starting the following thread -- Neat Tips. Oil film on the windscreen is a real problem, particularly as nights draw in, and most products don't really clear the smearing. Try toothpaste, which is a very mild abrasive and when, applied gently with a wet sponge really magics the oil and dirt film away. (Yes, I know this is a p*ss-poor tip but I am in a state and I am doing my best).

Post #8604917th Sep 2006 9:24 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Very Annoyed

England 

Toothpaste on the windscreen, peanut butter on the black trim! Thud Thud Forget Halfords - I'm off to Sainsburys!
 Loving the power of the TDV8!  
Post #8605217th Sep 2006 9:53 am
XX03

United Kingdom 

I used toothpaste on the Renault Clio glass with good results, then I decided why use the colgate out the bathroom, buy the sainsbury's cheap one, yes it worked as good but dried the black car with hundreds of white streaks when rinsed off, and I thought I rinsed it very very well, so do the windows and then give the car a good wash with car shampoo. Better result came from vinegar and newspaper but it is F***ing hard work on the arms.

Post #8605617th Sep 2006 10:27 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
DrLex

Iceland 

Blakey wrote:
Better result came from vinegar and newspaper but it is F***ing hard work on the arms.

Wouldn't soap on your arms work better and reduce that 'chip-shop employee' aroma?

I'll get me coat...
 Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana

Member of Club Med Sucks 

Post #8606417th Sep 2006 11:16 am
10forcash

United Kingdom 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Manual Zermatt SilverDiscovery 3

here's an idea Idea
Get a friend (for those that don't have one, you can rent by the hour from www.billynomates.com ) to randomly cut off the retaining clips from various electrical connectors, then drive along your local poorly - maintained roads (available nationwide in UK Rolling Eyes ) waiting for a connector to fall out and the message centre to give you a fault... you can then spend many happy hours trying to find which connector has come loose Shocked Of course for the financially comfortable, you can pre-book a series of dealer visits, knowing that your dosh is better in their bank account rather than cluttering up yours with all those 0000's

If this really takes off, we could even arrange weekend events, with points being scored for fastest to find the fault, bonus points could be awarded for damaged trim, multiple faults and getting a fault on the 'bonger' or dash display itself, so no fault is indicated before your engine expires due to lack of coolant Thud
Rather than a 'first past the post' winner, we could have 'first to lose it altogether' Prizes could range from :
your own pet greenpiss protester (complete with stocks and a selection of sharp stones)
A clutch of blindfolded ramblers, prepositioned on Stannage edge (sharp stick to be provided)
A Prius, together with your own RPG-7
A ball of wet string (fixes all known electrical faults, although needs to be regularly re-wet for mains voltage applications)
An evening at a cycling club meet
A weekend in a small boat with DickyH & DD *

(*Note, the boat won't actually be on any water or move beyond the nearest tesco's carpark, triangulated from your three locations)

Post #8618818th Sep 2006 11:19 am
10forcash

...Or for those that are less aventurous, we could produce a audio CD with random bongs and spurious sat-nav voice responses, such as "Sorry", "POI's on" and of course the 'evil 300 yard woman' Shocked
along with cut out photo's of message centre error messages that you can stick over the real message centre...

Post #8622318th Sep 2006 12:42 pm
AndrewS
Tarquin of the Desert 

United Kingdom 

10forcash wrote:
so no fault is indicated before your engine expires due to lack of coolant Thud
Rather than a 'first past the post' winner, we could have 'first to lose it altogether'

I think extra awards should go to those that can damage both cylinder heads in one go Wink

The first prize being a pair of Hot Pants and a Hamster Shaver.
 In the Beginning there was nothing, which exploded.  
Post #8623018th Sep 2006 12:51 pm
DSL
Keeper of the wheelie bin 

Ukraine 

AndrewS wrote:

Wouldn't suit you! Shocked Wink

Post #8623318th Sep 2006 12:57 pm
10forcash

AndrewS wrote:
not the one's Alex Flopsie was wearing at the weekend I hope Shocked
And if you nick his hampster shaver, scrabbling is going to smart a bit.... on the way out anyway Rolling Eyes

Post #8623418th Sep 2006 12:58 pm
SN

Did I miss something Iain? You seem to have lost your marbles this morning.... Confused Laughing Wink

Though I do like the CD with random bongs on it - whenever mine bongs as I pass through the 75mpg speed set - Mrs N. has a suspicious look across to see if something has broken again.... Rolling Eyes

The CD'd drive her mad! Laughing Laughing Laughing
 Steve N | 21MY Defender | 08MY Discovery 3 (history) | 06MY Discovery 3 (ancient history)   
Post #8624618th Sep 2006 1:22 pm
10forcash

marbles, never had 'em Sad
think I didn't take the right tablets this morning Wink

Post #8624818th Sep 2006 1:24 pm
DickyH

10forcash My name seems to keep cropping up in your threads lately, I'm just wondering why? Is there anything you need to discuss? Shocked

Post #8625218th Sep 2006 1:28 pm
10forcash

Probably, but my therapist is currently off sick (with stress) so it'll have to wait Wink

Post #8625718th Sep 2006 1:34 pm
DickyH

Sorry to hear that. You could always discuss it with me?

Post #8625818th Sep 2006 1:35 pm
10forcash

Why? is your therapist off sick too? Shocked

Post #8626118th Sep 2006 1:38 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 2 12>
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >