Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > Maintenance & Mods (D3)

Blue tooth/Sat Nav
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Robbiemyboy

Australia 
Blue tooth/Sat Nav

The RRSport i've bought has a single CD player and no bluetooth phone kit. Does anyone recommend any aftermarket sat Nav that includes Bluetooth? i know of a couple of models on the market such as the Tomtom. Any comments would be gratefully recieved.
 We're all Jock Tamsons Bairns  
Post #833427th Sep 2006 10:00 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
simkna

United Kingdom 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 S Auto Rimini RedDiscovery 3

Several Tomtom Go units (not the One), also some models of the the Garmin Nuvi e.g. Nuvi 360.

Don't know about the Tomtom, but the Garmin uses the Parrot 3100 chipset.

Si.
 Pat's Van
D3 TDV6 S Auto
Rimini Red / Alpacca Leather

Post #833467th Sep 2006 10:10 am
LeighW
D3 Decade 

Australia 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 S Auto Bonatti GreyDiscovery 3

Robbiemyboy, I have a Tomtom GO 500 (which couples very well with my Motorola Razr V3) and used it on my recent run up to the Atherton Tablelands, Cairns and Cooktown (returning by the Bloomfield track).

No problems other than that model is now seperseded (replaced by 910) and the occasional glitch from the Tomtom (driving along at 110 kph and the voice announces 'Turn right in 50 metres...' - couldn't, even if I tried!).

Even though the D3 is a quiet vehicle, it is nice that the Tomtom's speaker volume is automatically controlled depending on the speed of the D3 (Tomtom user settings).

My only gripe is user related. I sometimes forgot to turn off the Tomtom and if I was within 100 metres of the car and received a call, I missed hearing it from my now pocketed phone because the Tomtom in the car received it.

Overall, if other models are as good as my 500 model then I could recommend the Tomtom.

Leigh
 LeighW

The old girl is on her third engine...
* first ran a bearing (design failure in original engine)
* second had a failure of the water outlet on top of the engine (pls check yours) 

Post #8846626th Sep 2006 6:46 am
Davie In Dubai

United Arab Emirates 2006 LR3 4.4 V8 HSE Auto Lugano TealLR3

LeighW wrote:

My only gripe is user related. I sometimes forgot to turn off the Tomtom and if I was within 100 metres of the car and received a call, I missed hearing it from my now pocketed phone because the Tomtom in the car received it.

I have this with the LR3's system - a number of times it's 'grabbed' a call when I've been outside the vehicle - even an emergency services call once! Shocked

Post #912385th Oct 2006 6:39 am
DSL
Keeper of the wheelie bin 

Ukraine 

Davie In Dubai wrote:
I have this with the LR3's system - a number of times it's 'grabbed' a call when I've been outside the vehicle - even an emergency services call once! Shocked

This is my only major hate with the D3, I can be on the phone in the house & my wife unlocks her car, immediately grabbing the call. Why this is not ingnition live only (or if you want to use it without the ignition, you have to switch on the radio system), I'll never know. For a car that is use for business so much, this is moronic, especially when you loose the call to a customer!

Rant over!

Post #912495th Oct 2006 8:58 am
Doctor Diesel

Scotland 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Java BlackDiscovery 3

Currently have a 910 tomtom......cannot fault it, its really neat feature (over the other tomtoms) is that it has text-to-speech therefore can tell you road names etc and read you texts and stuff, I think the tmc receiver is just about to become available for it also therefore live traffic updates & re-routing, it also has gatso warnings and a spare 10gig for mp3 files.

infact why is it I'm looking for a HSE, Maybe I should get an S and fit my tomtom!!
 2007 HSE Java Black.....sold
2007 B150 Horizon Blue
2008 Toyota Aygo Platinum

--------------------------------------------------
The Master of Suave !

Ding-Dong Matron 

Post #912515th Oct 2006 9:03 am
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >