Advertise on DISCO3.CO.UK
Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > Maintenance & Mods (D3)

Help - Bumper Mount Kit for LR Spot Lamps
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12
SN

DiscoStu wrote:
Thought they'd be quite tricky to work out, as you need to mount a post on the front cross-member to align with a hole you cut in the bumper
This is the same arrangement as fitting the nudge bar - mounting block onto the cross member - then cut holes in bumper where they're located - and the measurements in the instructions didn't line up very well! I'd get the bumper off and get the posts in place and use them as your guide Steve N | 21MY Defender | 08MY Discovery 3 (history) | 06MY Discovery 3 (ancient history)   
Post #917456th Oct 2006 5:52 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
SN

Stu - do you want the 'extra special' detailed bumper removing instructions I have (courtesy of 10)
 Steve N | 21MY Defender | 08MY Discovery 3 (history) | 06MY Discovery 3 (ancient history)   
Post #917466th Oct 2006 5:53 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
DiscoStu

England 

Oooh, yes please. (Unless they're the ones that involve a 14lb sledge hammer!)

Sounds interesting.....

Think I'll take a look at the nudge bar instructions too.
 Disco 5 HSE Lux
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=peyiqaJrmMU 

Post #917506th Oct 2006 5:57 pm
nwoods

United States 2005 LR3 4.0 V6 Petrol Base 5 Seat Auto Chawton WhiteLR3

DiscoStu wrote:

The instructions give a distance of 22mm from edge of cross member to c/l of post holes, so that helps a bit. Side to side is not too important, as long as its equal (should be able to manage that Wink ). Bit worried about drilling the 53mm holes in the bumper to align with the post. Is there any room to play with here?

Yes, there is some wiggle room, and thank goodness, because the factory templates are off quite a bit. my suggestion is to mount the posts, then hang the bumper back on, mark where the posts rise up to the bumper, and then drill a pilot hole, and more carefully mark the final bore hole. It's really one one extra step and doesn't take any significant additional time to do.

Note, the template location will have the lights positioned so that it blocks the oval logo on the grill. That annoyed me. I would have moved them in an inch or two to have avoided that.

Post #917536th Oct 2006 5:58 pm
DiscoStu

England 

Cheers Nathan, great advice! Thumbs Up Especially as I've just fitted a shiny black LR badge!!

And to Steve, too, I suppose, as you suggested the same thing! Wink
 Disco 5 HSE Lux

Post #917566th Oct 2006 6:02 pm
SN

DiscoStu wrote:
Oooh, yes please. (Unless they're the ones that involve a 14lb sledge hammer!)

Sounds interesting.....

Think I'll take a look at the nudge bar instructions too.

Nudge Bar ones won't help you - they just have a piccy that says "remove bumper"

Can't find my detailed stuff on my laptop tonight - I'm away all weekend till Sunday evening - can it wait till then when I can get to my home PC? If you can't wait you know who supplied them to me.

As for covering up the oval - the lights come with their own little ovals! Very Happy
 Steve N | 21MY Defender | 08MY Discovery 3 (history) | 06MY Discovery 3 (ancient history)   
Post #917616th Oct 2006 6:08 pm
DiscoStu

England 

Seems a bit wet for doing the work this weekend Laughing so I can wait.

Was going to look at the nudge bar to see what the posts looked like. Just fitted a RRS SC badge to the grill, so really don't want to cover it. The ones on the lights are a horrible green colour.... Wink

Cheers mate. Have a nice weekend.
 Disco 5 HSE Lux

Post #917666th Oct 2006 6:13 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >