Advertise on DISCO3.CO.UK
Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > Maintenance & Mods (D3)

Ipod & 3100 Parrot added with one new trick (maybe)
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
PerthDisco

Australia 2008 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Auto Zambezi SilverDiscovery 3
Ipod & 3100 Parrot added with one new trick (maybe)

Bow down Bow down Disco3.co.uk

After reading all the stereo ideas on this site I successfully completed the base unit stereo upgrade suggestions with one possible improvement to add to the knowledge pool.

1. Added the steering wheel controls - scary at first but easy. Learnt you can't have too big a return (hook) on your home made removal tool. After not getting anywhere I reduced the hook size via Wiggs YouTube video and voila! immediate success.

2. Added the AUX in 3.5mm lead following the instructions in the attached link http://www.mobileelectronics.com.au/forums...pic=552098 This is as per the instructions in the Disco3 site except it specifically refers to tapping in behind the head unit. The jack drops down directly to the lower console area where on my model I have the 2 x 12V sockets and a perfect slot for stowing the Ipod.

3. Also recommended on Disco3 I purchased via Ebay for 5 Quid the Belkin Ipod Adaptor/Charger /Amplifier which is neat and tidy and turns the unit off when the key is removed!! The 3.5mm jack plugs into the Belkin unit which has it's own volume control.

4. The one additional feature I think I have found is enabling the car phone mute feature that is also available (surprisingly) on the base unit. See the instructions in the attached link which works as described giving the following display https://s3-eu-west-2.amazonaws.com/i.hubnu...63d5a5.jpg

All in all it works as described and sounds great. Much better than I expected considering the reports as to how bad the base speakers are.

I am maybe still considering adding a sub to the ready made space in the tailgate using the excellent instructions provided on this site. That would be perfect for me.

Thanks again for the great information in this site.

Admin note: this post has had its images recovered from a money grabbing photo hosting site and reinstated Mr. Green

Post #6788282nd Aug 2010 8:40 am
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >