Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > General

Brake Servo Recall Not Effective?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 6 123456>
Ian 2206

United Kingdom 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Stornoway GreyDiscovery 3
Brake Servo Recall Not Effective?

Last December the Disco had the brake servo recall performed. At the time of inspection there was no oil in the lines so new plumbing only was installed.
A couple of days ago I started a topic entitled "Hard Brake Pedal;Car Doesn't Stop" and following comments and advice on this thread contacted my local LR dealer to see if they could take her in for a look see.
The car was inspected today and the dealer has informed me that oil has indeed got into the servo post recall rectifiaction, and that I'll have to wait now till Monday for LR Tech Services to respond as they've now all gone home. I'm really perturbed by this situation.....a recall to restore the vehicles roadworthiness would appear to not be effective after 6 months.
So, should I be doing anything to make the "authorities"-VOSA-aware of the finding, or should I expect that LR will do this under duty of care etc? Surely I should nt be expected to pay for this rectification; there's been no mention of payment so far; and lastly what do you the rest of the D3 community think to the whole situation? Crying or Very sad Question
 D3 HSE, Stornoway grey, 2007 MY, side steps, privacy glass, door protection strips.  
Post #66486325th Jun 2010 6:39 pm
DN
D3 Decade 

Ukraine 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 Base 7 Seat Auto Zambezi SilverDiscovery 3

Well I think it's an abysmal and dangerous position to be in. Not only can LR not be @rsed to extend the recall to all the earlier vehicles that may need making roadworthy, they can't even provide a definate solution anyway.....HOW FRIGGIN' USELESS IS THAT? absolutely unforgivable, and typical of LR trying to do an 'on the cheap' fix Rolling Eyes The only proper way of stopping this, is to have a vacuum pump that doesn't let ANY oil through. Other manufacturers seem to have no problem with this, that I'm aware of. BTW I'm still waiting for a reply from LR, after reporting my findings (pre recall VIN vehicle affected by oil in servo) to those oh so experienced people at VOSA Whistle several weeks ago. TBH, I was expecting their (LR's) 'fix' to be the end of this matter quite frankly...Can't believe how careless they are over something as crucial as brakes. Twisted Evil

Post #66487425th Jun 2010 7:12 pm
Ian 2206

After 3 days in the garage the local dealer has just phoned and with bare faced cheek asked me to pay 50% of the repair cost to the brake servo. Land Rover will, he said refund the other 50% if the fault can be traced to a defect of Land Rovers making. I declined their kind offer and re-inforced that this is a recall matter, the car is unsafe and that it should all be paid for by LR. Did I do the right thing?
 D3 HSE, Stornoway grey, 2007 MY, side steps, privacy glass, door protection strips.  
Post #66615329th Jun 2010 5:43 pm
al cope

England 

definately - your next call should be to trading standards.

Al
 Volvo XC90 B5 Plus Dark
Gone - MY18 D5 HSE - Corris on 22's with Black Pack
Now gone - MY16 D4 SE Tech, Loire Blue, Almond Leather, Privacy, plus some other goodies.
Old - MY12 D4 SDV6 XS Auto - Ipanema Sand with Almond Leather - Plus other niceties, and D4.com sticker
Older - D3 TDV6 XS Auto - Lugano Teal with Almond Leather, 20" Stormers, Shiny Tailpipes, DVD/TV - and obligatory D3 sticker
Ancient - D3 TDV6 S - Tonga with Ebony, 20" Stormers, satnav & DVD 

Post #66615929th Jun 2010 6:02 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Renton

2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Java BlackDiscovery 3

Ian you should call LR direct yourself!! They are BS'ing you!

Read this thread and scroll to the end. http://www.disco3.co.uk/forum/post662585.html#662585
 CLUB ILLEGAL CAR WASHERS  
Post #66616829th Jun 2010 6:13 pm
Ian 2206

Who can share with us all the tel. no. for LR Customer Care? Thanks.
Post #66622829th Jun 2010 8:18 pm
Renton

2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Java BlackDiscovery 3

LR CC: 08705 000 500.
 CLUB ILLEGAL CAR WASHERS  
Post #66623629th Jun 2010 8:30 pm
DSL
Keeper of the wheelie bin 

Ukraine 

Or 0800 110110 for free, get them to transfer you. Thumbs Up

Post #66624129th Jun 2010 8:46 pm
buda

Scotland 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Cairns BlueDiscovery 3

Hi Ian,
you know I had the exact same experience.....check the link again.

http://www.disco3.co.uk/forum/topic50738.html?highlight=

I forgot to say that LR customer service actually said to me.... "your the first person to have this problem Mr .....".

Now thats proof theres a cover up going on. given the amount of complaints on this forum. Mines only happened last month........
If you get the same B...Sh ..te, pm me and Ill give you my details to quote to them........

That goes for anyone else who wants to take them to court over this debacle........in fact its criminal.....

Post #66624529th Jun 2010 8:53 pm
camelrock

England 

L/R are not the only manufacture with this problem so Citeon and Peugeot. And as I was reminded the other day Peugeot along with Jaguar developed the TDV6. Does anyone know if Jags are having the same problem ???

Post #66629229th Jun 2010 10:10 pm
caverD3

Australia 2012 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 SE Auto Fuji WhiteDiscovery 4

I think the dealer may not have checked the servo properly and it always had oil in it. I had the servo lines and master cylinder replaced under warranty, this improved the brakes initialy but gradually morer pressure was required to brake. Had modifivation done on extended warranty (no oil in servo but oil in vac line) since then brakes have been great wit conistant pressure only required and feel right.

Don't pay a cent to have it fixed get VOSA involved if you have to, remember to repeat "dangerous", "liability" and "safety issue". Evil or Very Mad
 â€œThere are only three sports: bullfighting, motor racing, and mountaineering; all the rest are merely games”
Ernest Hemmingway
D4 3.0 Active Diff, Adaptive Lights, High Beam Assist, Surround Cameras, Privacy Glass.
D3 2.7:Adaptive Headlights,Electronic Rear Diff,ARB Bar,Blaupunkt Speakers,JVC Powered Subwoofer,Removable Snorkel,Mitch Hitch,Pioneer After Market Head Unit,Steering Wheel Control Adaptor,Remote Adjustable Supension Rod System, Taxside Dual Battery System. 

Post #66635530th Jun 2010 3:01 am
Ian 2206

Well, today there's been some development after I rejected LR's kind offer of each to pay 50%. The dealer called earlier today to confirm that LR woul replace all the defective and damaged items entirely at their cost. I now feel satisfied that I've won a battle. I'm just so, so disappointed that I had to fight the battle with them in the first place.
Items to be replaced include, master cylinder, booster, pump, and pipe along with some brake fluid. Seems the right kind of parts list. Dealae will update on re-delivery to me tomorrow.
Post #66655130th Jun 2010 3:52 pm
DN
D3 Decade 

Ukraine 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 Base 7 Seat Auto Zambezi SilverDiscovery 3

Heard from VOSA today,(although I will get this in writing), that LR are going to extend the recall to earlier vehicles (don't know if this covers all).Apparently they were going to do this anyway, just before my report was slapped on their table........yeah right Whistle Only thing is though, the original recall does not call for replacement of the vacuum pump, which IMHO is the main culprit, and shows as still being a problem from the posts in this thread.I do hope LR see sense and include this in the list of replacement parts. Thumbs Up

Post #6668581st Jul 2010 10:37 am
ParaG

Wales 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Bonatti GreyDiscovery 3
Brake servo recall

Bow down Thanks to DN for info on extention of recall to earlier vehicles. Had an ineffective braking incident today in my Jan 2005 HSE and went to local dealer, Stratstones Swansea. They were very helpfull. They knew of recall and confirmed via telephone that extention was in place, even though they had not had formal notification.

Beloved is now booked in for recall and service next week. Happy Very Happy days!

Post #67473821st Jul 2010 5:35 pm
caverD3

Australia 2012 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 SE Auto Fuji WhiteDiscovery 4

Official in Aus. Very Happy

http://www.disco3.co.uk/gallery/albums/use...20extn.pdf

See:

http://www.disco3.co.uk/forum/topic53258.html
 â€œThere are only three sports: bullfighting, motor racing, and mountaineering; all the rest are merely games”
Ernest Hemmingway
D4 3.0 Active Diff, Adaptive Lights, High Beam Assist, Surround Cameras, Privacy Glass.
D3 2.7:Adaptive Headlights,Electronic Rear Diff,ARB Bar,Blaupunkt Speakers,JVC Powered Subwoofer,Removable Snorkel,Mitch Hitch,Pioneer After Market Head Unit,Steering Wheel Control Adaptor,Remote Adjustable Supension Rod System, Taxside Dual Battery System. 

Post #67494422nd Jul 2010 1:10 am
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 6 123456>
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >