Advertise on DISCO3.CO.UK
Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > General

Welcome to DISCO3 and DISCO4 - Say hello here!
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 619 of 819 <123 ... 618619620 ... 817818819>
Skynet

United Kingdom 2016 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 SE Auto Alaska WhiteDiscovery 4

Welcome Paul

148K is fine for a 2005 D3, don't worry Thumbs Up

As it's an auto, have a drive and check for the Rev counter 'hunting' especially under load such as driving up a hill. Basically it looks like the RPM bouncing up and down by about 200-400 RPM and is the TC slipping. If so leave this one well alone as it cost £3000 for a new auto box!!! Autobox fluid flushes are a good preventive measure against it.

Check that the D3 doesn't sink down after engine off.... sign of leaking compressor or airbags.

I'm sure that others will add to the above. Thumbs Up
 Dave
D3 2006 HSE, Cairns Blue - gone
D4 2016 SE, White

Wessex 4x4 Response
http://www.wessex4x4response.org.uk/ 

Post #17887238th Mar 2017 11:47 am
Caitlyn

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Belize GreenDiscovery 3

thanks for that, another couple of bits to add to my list of things to look for Shocked
TC = timing chain I assume?

Post #17887568th Mar 2017 1:22 pm
Skynet

United Kingdom 2016 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 SE Auto Alaska WhiteDiscovery 4

Torque Converter in gearbox
 Dave
D3 2006 HSE, Cairns Blue - gone
D4 2016 SE, White

Wessex 4x4 Response
http://www.wessex4x4response.org.uk/ 

Post #17887978th Mar 2017 3:58 pm
inkrediblesste

United Kingdom 2008 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Buckingham BlueDiscovery 3
Newbe

Hi everyone,

Picking my 1st land-rover D3 up at the weekend. Getting pretty exited tbh Its the 2.7 auto HSE model.
If anyone has any tips for me ,I would be grateful thanks.

Post #17889338th Mar 2017 10:40 pm
Dirty-Erdy

United States 2008 LR3 4.4 V8 HSE Auto Java BlackLR3

Hey y'all I bought my LR3 a few months ago, my first order of business is finding some 18" wheels for the rig. I want to make it a fun weekend warrior off-roader. In the winter it's my ultimate ski trip sleigh.

Post #17889629th Mar 2017 5:45 am
DRH2

Scotland 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 XS Auto Zambezi SilverDiscovery 3
Thanks for the add

After years of running D1 and D2, I finally bit the bullet and decided to dive in and buy a D3. I've wanted one for a long time, but after having my fingers burnt with a RR L322 and hearing the horror stories re the D3, I was wary. I've been fortunate to pick up mine from someone I know who had it since almost new and doesn't skimp on maintenance.

He's already in the D3 club and is moving up to a D4. If I didn't know it's history, I still probably wouldn't have ventrued in this direction. Another reason for stepping up is that good D2's that aren't rotten are becoming like hens teeth and many are touching D3 prices.

Time to move on and learn new skills.

I also had good experience of the Diesel V6 engine in my S Type Jag.

Here's hoping I've done the right thing and hopefully you guys will keep me on track

Duncan

Post #17893719th Mar 2017 10:38 pm
df_tom

Germany 

Hi there.
Tomorrow's the day. "Fat Frieda" (not my idea. The previous owner...) will be moving in.

She's a D3 S TDV6, weirdly specced tohugh with terrain response, heater, 7-Seats and such. She's got a heart transplant already, but i fear not. She's in best shape ever since.

Only the old handbrake needs tending. But i figure, with your help, this is going to be child's play.

Frieda will have new step-sister, her name is Sausteign, she's a bit older and was born in Austria. So jumping around in mud will not be Frieda's main task. Fireda will see more of luxurious travelling plus the odd tow job. We'll see.

Hope this forum is as awesome as the one for the step sister. Allow me to say: there is a lot of future in the british steel, so let's celebrate and keep our machines rolling.

best

thomas

Post #178940710th Mar 2017 12:24 am
Landy Staffordshire

United Kingdom 

Hi Folks.
Just looking to get myself a disco 4 after many years of green oval ownership, so just wanted to say hi and to apologise in advance for all the dumb questions that will be coming your way.

Mark

Post #179022512th Mar 2017 6:59 am
Jason1987

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 GS Manual Barolo BlackDiscovery 3
Lr3 aftermarket wheels wheel selection.

Good morning all,

I've just not long took ownership of a lr3 and it came with aftermarket wheeels along with the original set however I don't have wheel nuts to fit and the original wheel nuts do not fit as the shoulder is to big. Can anyone provide any help or links to where I can obtain new wheel nuts to fit these wheels.

Pic for attention

Thanks

Jason

Post #179025912th Mar 2017 10:56 am
Wireless Will

United Kingdom 2012 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Santorini BlackDiscovery 4

Evening all. We'll finally become one of the enlightened! Previous green ovals have included a 107 inch series one (wish I'd kept that!), s3 swb, s3 lwb, disco 1 Defender 90 and latterly a S2 Disco. Crikey writing them all down I realise I must be terminal case. Incidentally, the first thing I drove after a tractor was a brand new 1981 s3 swb!

Anyway, long time lurker and now committed D3 addict!

Post #179050512th Mar 2017 7:56 pm
Discovery-Dave

United Kingdom 2010 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 GS Auto Galway GreenDiscovery 4

Good evening!

Long time lurker and have now started posting so thought I would pop in here for a quick intro!

Had my D4 coming up to two years now, originally was in the market for a FL2 as I thought I couldn't afford a D4.... However I found an approved used 2010 with only 30k on the clock for a v.reasonable price so couldn't miss the opportunity.

Not really done anything to it as of yet - had meant to for a while but with a wife and a baby, I never have any spare cash!! Laughing I treated myself to a Barjo full cage for the dogs and have plans in the near future for a exped rack & roof tent so I can start taking the little one out when he's old enough.

Anyway, here she is;

Click image to enlarge

Post #179060612th Mar 2017 10:38 pm
Giallo225

United Kingdom 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Manual Rimini RedDiscovery 3

Hi all,

Just purchased my first Land Rover this week, 56 plate SE. Needs a couple of things sorting before I can really use it, but seems to have been cared for in the past so hopefully a good un!

Already loving the forum and have a wish list made up. If there is anyone in the Leeds area that fancies a chat just let me know.

Rgds Steve

Post #179076713th Mar 2017 2:09 pm
discobiskit

United Kingdom 2013 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Santorini BlackDiscovery 4

Good evening ladies & gents,

Ex-Jeep owner of nearly 20 years. Catastrophic rust and constant hassle from the better half forced me to get a new 4x4 and since most Jeeps now suck and the better half wanted something a bit more classy I ended up with a D4.

Only had it a month, so far already ditched the 20" bling alloys and swapped in the much more sensible 18" PD1881 with a nice set of BFG's.

I must say I do like the Disco - a truly fitting replacement for my Jeep although I somehow can't see it lasting as long as my Jeep did.

See you around!

Post #179106413th Mar 2017 10:55 pm
Bello35

France 2011 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Nara BronzeDiscovery 4
Joined at last...

Hello all,

I'm a franco-anglo-brazilian D4 driver/owner. Married, father of a couple. Born in Rio then left to London and i'm currently living in Britanny since 2004. My SWMBO is french.

I've always loved the look of Defenders and disco's 3/4. While living in England i used to say as a Young man: " Discovery is my ultimate dream car if i have a family one day...what a class!"
Well, i bought mine in 2012 and absolutely love it. Just perfect for a family who travels regularly from France to Portugal three to four times a year...
I had never given a car a 10 out of 10 before. There are always things we don't like in a car but i can't find a single one in my D4! Bow down Very Happy

I've decided to join the forum to comment on the D5 that i had been waiting for so impatiently!
What a disappointment! Sad Big Cry

I came then to the forum to see the reactions of others...i was really curious.
Well, i read all the posts, and i think the overall opinion is that LR could've done much much better. Confused

I'll leave my findings later in the D5 threads...but i can definately say that i'll keep my D4. The D5 is not for me. Sad

Cheers all!

Post #179115414th Mar 2017 9:48 am
Sniper1

United Kingdom 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Baltic BlueDiscovery 3
Hello from new owner

Hi all, first time Landrover owner with a 2007 model HSE D3 2.7 tdv6
Bought it with a fsh from stratsone, with both belts done at 105k
Just had the transmission megaflush done, both diffs changed fluid, transfer box fluid changed (had red ATF fluid in it for some reason) and a Monster remap.
So why do i need such a big vehice?

2 years ago, i was taken out while riding home on my bike, left with a broken spine, smashed knee and shattered ankle, and to top it off a mild brain injury causing Hyperacusis.
So although i can now walk (albeit not very well or far) i need a comfy high vehicle, as i just cant get in or out of a normal height car.
Having a 3" rod in your spine, a new fandangled titanium knee joint, and another similarly engineered ankle joint, comfort is paramount. Plus, as a WW2 historical reenactor, i need a big space to carry all the stuff!
Hence why i went for a Disco over a RR. The practicality of the disco is huge.
Glad to be here, taking in all the knowledge on here.

Post #179159914th Mar 2017 10:20 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 619 of 819 <123 ... 618619620 ... 817818819>
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >