DISCO3.CO.UK > General

Help Required With hieght sensor wiring
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
BrianT

Scotland 2016 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 Landmark LE Auto Santorini BlackDiscovery 4
Help Required With hieght sensor wiring

Hi,

Looking for some help please,my D3 developed a suspension fault last Tuesday Big Cry and couldn't get anyone local to look at it,phoned my local LR stealer and they couldn't look at it till tuesday the 12th so i thought i would have a look myself and i wish i hadn't

one very squashed connector

corroded wires

more corroded wires

and a slightly dented cup above the bush.

As the connector came off in my hand(apart from the blue and white wire)i am now looking for a new connector and wire.

i know this is a long shot but does anyone happen to have a connector and cable that i can buy from them to get me back on the road, Bow down Bow down Bow down or the part numbers to order?

Some advice on the best way to splice this in would also be usefull. Bow down Bow down

Thanks.

BrianT
 MY 16 Landmark Santorini Black
MY 05 SE Adriatic Blue (Gone but not forgotten)

Post #5779509th Jan 2010 11:24 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
caverD3

Australia 2012 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 SE Auto Fuji WhiteDiscovery 4

Shocked What caused that?
Which connector?
 â€œThere are only three sports: bullfighting, motor racing, and mountaineering; all the rest are merely games”
Ernest Hemmingway
D4 3.0 Active Diff, Adaptive Lights, High Beam Assist, Surround Cameras, Privacy Glass.
D3 2.7:Adaptive Headlights,Electronic Rear Diff,ARB Bar,Blaupunkt Speakers,JVC Powered Subwoofer,Removable Snorkel,Mitch Hitch,Pioneer After Market Head Unit,Steering Wheel Control Adaptor,Remote Adjustable Supension Rod System, Taxside Dual Battery System. 

Post #57802610th Jan 2010 1:20 am
Disco3newbie

Scotland 2016 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 Graphite LE Auto Santorini BlackDiscovery 4

Can't help with part numbers but I believe the height sensors are about £10 each (may be wrong but someone will be along shortly to correct. Why not email TLO at Yeovil to enquire. If you are still in warranty then I think LRA techies now carry sensors and calibration equipment to fix although you may have to explain how it got crushed!!

|Edit)...just checked your avatar....looks as though you are out of warraty period Embarassed
 Club RLD spare wheel protection
Club RLD skid plate
Club its all black
Club D3 - it's gone
Club D4 - just arrived and still all black 

Post #57803910th Jan 2010 2:14 am
BrianT

Quote:
What caused that?
Which connector?

Its the connector for the Hieght sensor

Disco3newbie wrote:
Can't help with part numbers but I believe the height sensors are about £10 each (may be wrong but someone will be along shortly to correct. Why not email TLO at Yeovil to enquire. If you are still in warranty then I think LRA techies now carry sensors and calibration equipment to fix although you may have to explain how it got crushed!!

|Edit)...just checked your avatar....looks as though you are out of warraty period Embarassed

Hi Disco3newbie.

I am guessing that a previous owner has been off road and picked up a rock or something thats got wedged in there.

I think the sensor is ok its just the connector but i will contact TLO and see what he can tell me.

Thanks

BrianT[/quote][/quote]

Post #57812510th Jan 2010 11:04 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
BrumLee

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Auto Bonatti GreyDiscovery 3

If the plugs are ok and it's just the wires that need reconnecting I'd use these. If you do use them make sure you do shrink the tubing with heat as there's a glue inside that seals the connector Wink

Post #57817310th Jan 2010 12:11 pm
richh

United Kingdom 

hi guys. same thing happened to one i was using for a while. LR have a part no. for the connector and wires all in one with crimp connectors and heat shrink.

Post #57824110th Jan 2010 2:13 pm
BrianT

Thanks for all your replies

I have PM'd TLO so i shall see what he comes back with but good to know that they have a part no for a repair kit.

On another note.i took the car out for a test drive to see what it would do with the sensor completly disconected and found to my surprise Mr. Green

that it done nothing it shouldn't do.done 70 MPH on dual carriageway ond got no red warning light or speed warning on info screen,and at a standstill it goes to access/normal/off-road hieght ok.

Can anyone tell me if this is correct Question Question

Thanks.

Post #57826410th Jan 2010 3:20 pm
stapldm

United Kingdom 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Stornoway GreyDiscovery 3

If you can raise/lower without error, I'd suggest that can't be the height sensor...too many people have issues with sensors that are connected for you to have gotten away with it.

Could that be for your brake pad sensor?
 Dr. Ian Malcolm:
"Yeah, but your scientists were so preoccupied with whether or not they could, they didn't stop to think if they should."
Transgenic tomato anyone? 

Post #57834610th Jan 2010 5:57 pm
BrianT

hi stapldm,

its definatly the hieght sensor

if you look to the left of the thumbnail you can see the socket and if you look to the left of the socket you can see the sensor arm pivot.

thanks anyway,still leaves me in the dark as to whether i can trust the car at the moment dont want to be suckered into a false sense of security and to then drive to far from home and it throws a wobbly.

Post #57837910th Jan 2010 6:39 pm
BrianT

richh wrote:
hi guys. same thing happened to one i was using for a while. LR have a part no. for the connector and wires all in one with crimp connectors and heat shrink.

Hi richh,

Managed to get the kit from TLO,

Thanks for the tip about the repair kit as he had to ask one of the techs if it existed.

£20:66 all in including postage.All in and working now.

Thanks guys for all your help.

BrianT Thumbs Up

Post #58792322nd Jan 2010 10:30 pm
Disco_Mikey

Scotland 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Cairns BlueDiscovery 3

For anyone interested, the part number of the wiring repair kit in YMQ503220 Thumbs Up
 My D3 Build Thread

TDV8 Retrofit Build Thread 

Post #58872824th Jan 2010 9:36 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Post Reply
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >