Advertise on DISCO3.CO.UK
Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > Technical (D3)

Wiring between air suspension module and compressor assembly
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 2 12>

Sweden 2006 Discovery 3 4.4 V8 HSE Auto Bonatti GreyDiscovery 3
Wiring between air suspension module and compressor assembly

This http://disco3.co.uk/forum/topic43830.html? problem continues. D3 was at LR dealer all day today and they think it´s a wiring fault causing the suspension problem. They did not have the time to dig in to the wiring today. I agree with their analysis since the exhaust valve is working fine when 12v is applied directly to it.

Since the problem is limited to the exhaust valve which is controlled by the air suspension module on the A-pillar behind dash, I think the problem lies in the wiring between these two items. Does anyone know which connectors are involved between these points? Or has any knowledge of areas where the wiring loom can be exposed to damage?
I have checked the connector on the module and the one in the compressor housing and both looks absolutely fine.

Many thanks!

Post #58789822nd Jan 2010 9:53 pm
caverD3

Australia 2012 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 SE Auto Fuji WhiteDiscovery 4

There are some connectors behind the front left wheel arch (at the back of the arch) which can give trouble. Idea
 â€œThere are only three sports: bullfighting, motor racing, and mountaineering; all the rest are merely games”
Ernest Hemmingway
D4 3.0 Active Diff, Adaptive Lights, High Beam Assist, Surround Cameras, Privacy Glass.
D3 2.7:Adaptive Headlights,Electronic Rear Diff,ARB Bar,Blaupunkt Speakers,JVC Powered Subwoofer,Removable Snorkel,Mitch Hitch,Pioneer After Market Head Unit,Steering Wheel Control Adaptor,Remote Adjustable Supension Rod System, Taxside Dual Battery System. 

Post #58798922nd Jan 2010 11:21 pm
garryc

Australia 2013 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 SE Auto Fuji WhiteDiscovery 4
Re: Wiring between air suspension module and compressor asse

Unnecessary quote removed

http://img64.imageshack.us/img64/1900/c2320r.pdf
pins 5 & 6
http://img7.imageshack.us/img7/8498/c2293.pdf
pins 9 & 10
http://img7.imageshack.us/img7/696/c0780.pdf
pins 1 & 4
 2013 D4, E-diff, Vision pack

Never propose to a Yak 

Last edited by garryc on 23rd Jan 2010 7:43 am. Edited 1 time in total 
Post #58813823rd Jan 2010 7:35 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
caverD3

Thumbs Up Gary

The second link are ones that have given trouble.
 â€œThere are only three sports: bullfighting, motor racing, and mountaineering; all the rest are merely games”
Ernest Hemmingway
D4 3.0 Active Diff, Adaptive Lights, High Beam Assist, Surround Cameras, Privacy Glass.
D3 2.7:Adaptive Headlights,Electronic Rear Diff,ARB Bar,Blaupunkt Speakers,JVC Powered Subwoofer,Removable Snorkel,Mitch Hitch,Pioneer After Market Head Unit,Steering Wheel Control Adaptor,Remote Adjustable Supension Rod System, Taxside Dual Battery System. 

Last edited by caverD3 on 23rd Jan 2010 7:49 am. Edited 1 time in total 
Post #58814023rd Jan 2010 7:39 am
garryc

Unnecessary quote removed

Haven't had trouble with imageshack before, what did i do wrong Question

Never propose to a Yak 

Post #58814223rd Jan 2010 7:46 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
caverD3

Nothing wrong with the link, talking about the connectors, the ones behind the wheel arch.

Second link. Thumbs Up

http://img7.imageshack.us/img7/8498/c2293.pdf
Ernest Hemmingway

Post #58814423rd Jan 2010 7:51 am
garryc

OOPS my misunderstanding Embarassed You are correct the one under the guard is the most likely unless there is a break in a wire. D3 should be able to meter the circuit with the connector info. 8)

Never propose to a Yak 

Post #58815423rd Jan 2010 8:56 am

Sweden 2006 Discovery 3 4.4 V8 HSE Auto Bonatti GreyDiscovery 3

A huge thanks to you garryc and caverD3 for suppling this information Thumbs Up Thumbs Up

Problem was soon sorted, after taking out the fender splash shield it was all obvious, the wire connected to pin 10 in C2293 was cut through and one more (to pin 6) was damaged. I spliced these, soldered and used heat shrink sleeve and after that all was fine! It seems like the bottom edge of the inner plastic splash shield has been wearing on these wires and finally causing one to break. I modified a piece of plastic that should protect the wires from now on.
Connectors looked fine inside, no green stuff at all.

Very nice to take a test drive without ding-dongs's and D3 going up and down as i should. This help (as well as previous in the other thread) has saved me money and will make a site donation instead.

I will try to add some pictures on the problem and the fix in my gallery.

Post #58850123rd Jan 2010 8:30 pm
caverD3

Result Thumbs Up

Good job 1784. Very Happy
Ernest Hemmingway

Post #58856423rd Jan 2010 10:55 pm
Brakar

Norway 2008 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Mariana BlackDiscovery 3

I’m breathing life back into this topic, as I am experiencing more or less the exact same problem. Only difference is that I replaced the compressor before realising that the pilot exhaust valve probably isn’t getting power. Also, my problems started right after changing both lower control arms.

So, after I found this topic, I removed the inner splash shield to inspect the connector that caused the problem in this case. However, I can’t find any connectors here that matches the description, and the pictures at imgaeshack doesn’t seem to exist any longer.

I am very grateful if anybody knows where I can find the connector or have other suggestions on how to approach this problem!

Post #16059086th Feb 2016 7:34 pm
caverD3

Which fender did you look under?
Ernest Hemmingway

Post #16059916th Feb 2016 10:08 pm
Brakar

The left hand side, when sitting in the car.

Post #16060256th Feb 2016 11:07 pm
caverD3

pic in this thread.
http://www.disco3.co.uk/forum/topic126766.html

It maybe on other side in left hand drive vehicle? Idea
Ernest Hemmingway

Post #16060747th Feb 2016 2:19 am
Brakar

First of all, thanks to garryc for sending me pics and info about the air suspension wiring! However, I am now sure that the connector (c2293) that originally was the problem in this post is not located in either wheel arc on my car, see the picture. Maybe they have changed this on newer models, mine being a 2008?

Anyway, I took my multimeter and investigated at bit on my own, here’s what I’ve done so far:
- Confirmed which two wires that operates the exhaust valve (black/blue and black/white).
- Measured that the black/white wire has good connection between the Air Suspension Control Unit (ASCU) and the compressor.
- Measured that the black/blue wire has NO connection between the ASCU and the compressor.
- Measured that there’s good connection on both wires between the ASCU and checkpoint #1 on the picture.
- Measured that there’s also good connection on both wires between the compressor and checkpoint #2.

The wiring seems to run from the ASCU to somewhere in the front of the car and loop back to the compressor from there (I observed the wires to the front control valve and height sensor in the wheel arc on the right-hand side, couldn’t see anything wrong with them). The best I can figure from this is that the black/blue wire probably is broken somewhere in the front of the car. Does this seem reasonable to you guys, or am I missing something here?

If not, does anybody know whether I’ll get access to the wiring if I remove the front bumper?

Any other suggestions?
Click image to enlarge

Post #161464923rd Feb 2016 7:51 am
Disco_Mikey

Scotland 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Cairns BlueDiscovery 3

On an 08, those connectors moved to above the LH headlight, and underneath said headlight Thumbs Up
 My D3 Build Thread

TDV8 Retrofit Build Thread 

Post #161465123rd Feb 2016 7:55 am
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 2 12>
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >