Advertise on DISCO3.CO.UK
Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > Technical (D3)

Wiring between air suspension module and compressor assembly
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12
Brakar

Norway 2008 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Mariana BlackDiscovery 3

Success Very Happy. Found the connector behind the headlight, just like Disco_Mikey said. Not far from the connector, two wires were damaged. I couldn’t see anything wearing against the wires at that spot, so I don’t really know why this happened, and right now I don’t really care either Smile. Huge thanks to Disco_Mikey and garryc for helping me fix this problem!

Of course, this problem fixed, another problem with the air suspension introduced itself right away Confused. I noticed that the brand new Hitachi wouldn’t stop running, and that the front of the car was raising slowly. I didn’t get any errors, but this didn’t seem right to me, so I hooked up the iCarSoft and started monitoring the compressor temperature. I observed that it ran up to 130 degrees Celsius before the compressor stopped (as I understand it should when reaching 130 degrees). Then the temperature dropped quite rapidly to about 110 degrees before it stated up again. Found a topic in here where Disco_Mikey commented that compressor should fill the air reservoir to about 18 bars. So I started monitoring the air pressure, and observed that the pressure raised very slowly to about 10 bars before the compressor overheated again. When the compressor stopped, the pressure started to release very slowly, even with reservoir valve closed.

So, I’m probably having an air leak somewhere, or could there be any other explanations? Like more damaged wires that I overlooked or something?

Edit: Found the problem I think, there's a substantial leak from the air reservoir itself. I could hear air leaking, and at little soapy water left no doubt Smile

Post #161520924th Feb 2016 8:18 am
DavyG

United Kingdom 2008 Discovery 3 TDV6 GS Auto Corris GreyDiscovery 3
suspension fault D3

Hi,
I am new to the world of the Land Rover Discovery having only had this one under a year. Just been reading this post with interest. I seem to have the same problem on my 08 D3 started this week. I am getting the yellow warning light on at start up, changing to red occasionally when driving and startup warning of "suspension fault - special programs off". I am not getting any other warnings e.g.standard height warnings etc, until the light goes red and 30mph warning comes on.

I have noticed today that the rear of the vehicle seems to be sitting a little lower than normal after jacking it up to change the break pads yesterday (another warning light message).

I am jumping on to this post a little premature, without all the diagnostic facts to hand as my son has run a diagnostic on this today, although not a dedicated land rover diagnostic machine, it is an expensive professional peace of equipment and indicates for the suspension that there is an exhaust valve problem saying there is no communication.
I have initially checked the 20amp fuse and the relay is working correctly in hope of an easy solution. These are fine. Are there any other fuses that may give this problem?

Reading this post, it looks more like this could be the same wiring problem rather than an faulty compressor motor.

My question is- on the 08 with the plug behind the headlight what cables should I be concentrating on? i.e. the ones that give the connection to the valve. Is it a power cable or a switch/signal wire. I will check them all in due course but any help would be appreciated.

If anyone thinks I may be heading in the wrong direction please let me know.

I had a broken wire fault that stopped a Renault traffic engine on a camper. It took me weeks in winter to find the problem in a wiring loom of 60 cables. As it is hovering around 0 degrees here I would appreciate any advice that may save me a little time and pain.

Thanks DavyG

Post #177051228th Jan 2017 3:42 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >