Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > General

Re-introduction, back from Australia.
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Jonno

United Kingdom 
Re-introduction, back from Australia.

Hi all, probably a good time to re-introduce myself! I've been a member on here since 2005, but not much of a poster as we were in Australia and I was active on another LR forum.

We've just come back after 5+ years in Australia where we had a 2005 TDV6 SE, a factory 110 Isuzu County and a SIII 6 Cyl pickup. I was an active member on the Australian LR owners forum (www.aulro.com) with the username D3Jon, I used to organise and lead a good few trips - I will miss those guys as they were all a great bunch (some of them are on here like Gordon). Anyway, sold all of the above and just arrived back in the UK a few weeks ago.

Recently bought a 2009 D3 TDV6 XS which must be one of the last made as it was first registered in September 2009. Was tempted by a new D4, but the massive saving (and being a tight Yorkshire git) led me to a nearly new D3 with only 8,000 miles on the clock! The 3.0 TDV6 would have been nice though! Very Happy

Only problems so far are the A post trims coming loose - I reckon this has had a new screen at some time. The white clips just won't keep the trim down at 70mph with a cross-wind. Also an annoying low frequency noise from the drivers footwell area best described as a 'droning' most noticeable at 45-50mph on rougher B roads, my previous D3 didn't do that, sounds like road noise / wind noise but it's annoying - maybe something to do with the factory Pirelli's or a failing bush?? Also, the powerfold mirrors don't err.. power fold! I'm told it has them the knob has the symbol for powerfold on it and I checked the fuse which is OK.

'SE' spec in Australia gets Xenon's and these were really great at night, especially as we lived in the 'bush' with skippy's relatives jumping around everywhere! The standard Halogen's fitted to my new one seem very poor in comparison. Am I correct in thinking that a Xenon unit from a better spec car will simply plug and play or are there issues with start up voltages?

Ok, typed more than I originally planned and half of the above should probably be in the technical section as a question. Hoping to be an active and contributive member of this forum Very Happy

Jon
Post #66340622nd Jun 2010 1:04 pm
Bodsy
Site Sponsor 

United Kingdom 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Java BlackDiscovery 3

Yup, just swap the light units oiut. Slimer was elling some I think Thumbs Up

Oh and welcome back! Thumbs Up
 Bodsys Brake Bible

D4/D3 Remote FBH heat kits
BAS Remaps/ EGR Blank
Transmission Flush
Software updates/enabling

Clock/ SNOTM /3Flash / 4x4Info /BT Update /Service Reset/Error Codes / Gearbox Reset
See It Here 

Post #66342322nd Jun 2010 1:37 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Martin
Site Admin and Owner 

United Kingdom 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Manual Buckingham BlueDiscovery 3

A very warm welcome back Jonno Mr. Green Mr. Green
 06 D3 SE / 15 LR D90 XS SW / 88 LR 90 Td5 / 68 BMW 2000 ti
Any issues with the site let me know! 

Post #66342522nd Jun 2010 1:41 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Post Reply
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >