Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > My Discovery 3

G4 bits ..are they covered by LR warranty
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 2 12>
wiggs

United Kingdom 2015 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Fuji WhiteDiscovery 4
G4 bits ..are they covered by LR warranty

Are the additional bits on the G4 covered by LR warranty ? , such as winch , spots , etc ?

Any one managed to claim any warranty G4 bits ?
 G4 Gone ...but not forgotten  
Post #55332618th Nov 2009 11:37 pm
The Large One

England 2009 Discovery 3 TDV6 XS Auto Stornoway GreyDiscovery 3

if on the car when sold/registered then yes, also will be covered by the 3 year warranty and not the 12 month parts warranty
 TLO has left the building.......
I no longer work for a Landrover Dealer

My little chilli sauce business http://www.thechillees.co.uk
if you would like to order anything just give me a shout 

Post #55332718th Nov 2009 11:39 pm
wiggs

Great Very Happy cheers for the info Nick Thumbs Up
Post #55333518th Nov 2009 11:50 pm
90BHP

United Kingdom 2009 Discovery 3 TDV6 XS Auto Stornoway GreyDiscovery 3

What have you broken already ?
 "To finish first, one first has to finish ...."  
Post #55336019th Nov 2009 12:20 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
wiggs

Nout, my faultmate has managed to get water in one of the roof lights , amazing tool indeed . Rolling Eyes
Post #55336419th Nov 2009 12:25 am
90BHP

Well I thought it was a sensible question, clearly not Rolling Eyes edit - those Warn spots are fookin expensive too

Actually - speaking of faultmates, was having a pub discussion with a "bloke" who may or may not work for LR at Gaydon. He was telling me that the next SW level of LR's dealer pc system (techy term Whistle ) would automatically reset all factory defaults when the car was plugged in for diagnostics, service, calibration etc.

IIRC he said they are nearly there as the system already asks some of the questions, headlights etc all being part of the same coding they will use.

Here endeth my understanding of car electronics
Post #55336519th Nov 2009 12:31 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
wiggs

Sorry my sarcastic response was not aimed at you ..there were some more posts , but they have been removed Rolling Eyes

I have water in one of the roof spots , have dryed it out twice , but keeps comming back . The lens is one unit , no visible cracks / damage . The bulb has a rubber seal round it , yet it keeps filling with moisture ..the other 3 are fine .

Interesting about LR new software , but there are obvious flaws , unless LR dealers are going to log everything they do to every car .

Example ( yes i know its standard now , but ) sat nav on the move ..not come as standard . You pay your dealer to activate it . Next service you go to a different dealer ..he then puts it back to " as built " Shocked who is then liable to put the sat nav on the move back on your car that you paid for Question
Post #55336819th Nov 2009 12:45 am
90BHP

He did go into a lot of detail - but TBH I started counting the number of circles on the wallpaper, then the types of real ale, then the, you get the idea . . .

But I remember something to do with certain files are build specific and never dealer changeable - like Halogen or Xenon light start up cycle. Other files are upgradeable and live under a different name / type - funnily enough he mentioned the difference between "on the move" as a dealer changeable config - it's a dealer upgrade that moves or adjusts a VIN specific CFF or something, and 4x4 as factory only and one that would be reset.

So my lights look like they will always flicker on start-up - b Censored r but my £520 4x4 premium Nav may have been worth it Thumbs Up

Last edited by 90BHP on 19th Nov 2009 1:07 am. Edited 1 time in total 
Post #55337619th Nov 2009 12:56 am
wiggs

Laughing circles on wallpaper Rolling with laughter

As build and dealer changable would make a lot more sense .

What ever they do , someone somewere will come a cross a fix for it in time .
Post #55338019th Nov 2009 1:06 am
NoDo$h

Ukraine 

yup. get your servicing done outside the dealer network Laughing

Reminds me, I need to get my flickering xenons sorted Rolling Eyes
 I know it's not considered "kind" to say no these days, but no. Just no, ok? And if it's not ok, still no.  
Post #55340219th Nov 2009 2:30 am
BBS SPY
Site Sponsor 

Cyprus 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 Base 7 Seat Auto Bonatti GreyDiscovery 3

Its not a next SW feature, its in the current, well up till last week version

The problem is that the later 2010 models have so much more flash memory in the various systems and are more files which are much bigger. EG old touch screen file 2 MB, you know what that feels like Wiggs, new one, 10 MB

So the DVD's they were putting the data on are getting a bit full and the Patches getting near daily. And after the new model range launch there are a few bugs to fix, lots of regular patches etc and the longer they take to deploy and get those fixes to market the more damage to reputation and customer complaint they will get.
There is already so many service actions and so on, on teh new models its a service managers nightmare.

So they are simply going one step better than the Ford IDS system has always been, which is get an on line up date every day and specifying that the IDS must be connected on line at the very point that the vehicle is, so the IDS can check for any possible software updates right up to the minute.

You can't even PDI a 2010 car without connecting to the internet, trust me, i know, i have been there when one has been done.

There is however a major difference in the style and approach of the now this week current version, and that is that the diagnostics are designed to take the thinking away from the operator and move a lot more of it to internal software control. In effect making the user more of a guided question answering dummy rather than a thinking technician.

In essence they are just trying to take more control away from the dealers and operators and put it more into their own hands.

It's a very interesting point wiggs makes actually, if you pay a dealer to do NAV on move, which is one of the few features where the IDS actually mods the cars master CCF file which resides in the dash, and then later on some how some dealer tech decides to set the car back to as build, then it would wipe out the NAV on Move.

In any event the good news is that the only requirement to re program a cars CCF to as built data occurs in a real emergency situation only, before that there are 2 copies kept in the car itself. So i don't see any use of as build data being automated.

Post #55345019th Nov 2009 9:58 am
Alan G

Scotland 2008 Discovery 3 TDV6 XS Auto Zermatt SilverDiscovery 3

So what does this actually mean to the lay person, are the goodies that were activate with the faultmate going to remain put at service time or will the franchise workshops roll them back to the factory configurations?

Will these enhancements be removed if they clear fault codes etc?
 ATB

Alan

http://www.youtube.com/user/Bonzo676767#p/u 

Post #55412220th Nov 2009 4:50 pm
SJR

England 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Auto Arctic FrostDiscovery 3

Presumably it means that ideally you put the vehicle config file back to the version as last seen by a dealer, when you have had the vehicle serviced you can then use the faultmate to back the new config file up, and use the faultmate to activate all the bits that are not standard!

This would seem to me to be the safest way to use the unit, rather than LR overwriting data and potentially screwing things up Thumbs Up
 I believe that every human has a finite number of heart-beats. I don't intend to waste any of mine running around doing exercises.
Buzz Aldrin (1930 - 

Post #55412820th Nov 2009 5:03 pm
wiggs

I dont think you have any thing to worry about , why would a dealer want to waste time doing extra stuff with the T4 when its not needed ..

And as Colin said above "In any event the good news is that the only requirement to re program a cars CCF to as built data occurs in a real emergency situation only"
Post #55413220th Nov 2009 5:10 pm
Alan G

Scotland 2008 Discovery 3 TDV6 XS Auto Zermatt SilverDiscovery 3

Good to know Adrian. Thumbs Up

As mentioned above, the above posts are beyond my comprehension, eletrics went out the window for me once ECU's etc came in. Laughing
 ATB

Alan

http://www.youtube.com/user/Bonzo676767#p/u 

Post #55414020th Nov 2009 5:19 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 2 12>
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >