Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > General

Fuse box :twisted:
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
chrisb

England 2012 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Sumatra BlackDiscovery 4
Fuse box :twisted:

My little lad has now learnt (and takes great delight) in sitting in the drivers seat, and movign the seat all the way forward and back again.

Well apparantly this morning he was doign it and the seat stopped working in its furthest reclined position.

Now Mrs-Chrisb isn't as tall as me, and thus couldn't reach the pedals, meaning she couldn't drive to the shops and spend money Rolling with laughter Needless to say I got the call from a very distressed SWMBO.

As I drove past the LR dealer I decided to call in and ask for a replacement fuse, as I knew they were small ones and I didn't have one. They assured me it couldn't be the fuse, as the seats work on multiple fuses, and was more likely a plug that had pulled out so didn't give me one.

Well, having contorted my body to all angles to get under the seat, all plugs were securely connected, so I resorted to checking the fuses as per my original diagnosis over the phone.

Lo and behold, one of the fuses with a picture of a seat and lots of arrows had blown. Luckily, accordign to the diagram on the back of the glove box there are a series of "spare fuss" including the required 30 Amp.

Now to the purpose of all this waffle, who's idea of a joke was it to put the spare fuses there?

Exactly how are you supposed to access them?

20 bl00dy minutes to extract it Big Cry whilst contorting my fingers around a huge wrapped bundle of wires, in an area tighter that a monkeys chuff, whilst upside down emitting expletives.

Deep breath - Thank-you Thumbs Up

Post #50082828th Jul 2009 3:13 pm
the kergan

United Kingdom 2009 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 HSE Auto Santorini BlackDiscovery 4

Who is this monkey who's chuff you have used as a gauge for the fuse storage area. Whistle

And how come you know so much about it's chuff Rolling with laughter
 I have something to say! It's better to burn out... than to fade away!  
Post #50083528th Jul 2009 3:33 pm
loopyles

United Kingdom 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 XS Auto Zermatt SilverDiscovery 3

So you did not lose the little red tool as well down into the depths of the sill Sad . I now carry all the relevant fuses and a pair of medical forceps with a slight curve on them in a separate plastic bag inside the LR manual case. The forceps can be purchased from angling shops. Thumbs Up

Post #50088528th Jul 2009 5:31 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >