DISCO3.CO.UK > Africa

Disco 3 info needed
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
SarelB

South Africa 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Tonga GreenDiscovery 3
Disco 3 info needed

Hi gents

I am new here and have a few questions. I know I will repeat previous stuff and make some of you furious, but please don't spoil your wonderful weekend or chop my head of for this repeats.

I bought a 2005 model TDV6 HSE and has the following questions

1) The bluetooth system for the telephone only work as a handsfree system and none of the info on my phone is displayed on the dashboard, I can't even use the keypad next to the radio and also not voice recognition. The dealer said all 2005 models only had this function and it even cannot be replaced for a newer system because the wire-harnass or something like that is incompatible. Is this true or is it only their way to evade a problem, they also say that their is no updates for the south african systems (bluetooth). I previously saw on the forum that same people has done this

2) I want to install a Ipod system, I was quoted R5500. Is this the normal price or can I get it cheaper elsewhere, even if it mean to import it.

3) What do you guys think about the rear entertainment sytem. Is it worth the money or not?

Thank you for all the effort. I has followed the website for a long time now, even before I bought the vehicle and this is a goldmine in terms of knowladge and experience.
 proper planning prevent poor performance  
Post #36742431st Oct 2008 6:17 pm
heine

South Africa 2009 Discovery 3 4.4 V8 HSE Auto Alaska WhiteDiscovery 3

Firstly welcome to the forum

1 ) I have the same on my 2006
2) We did a group buy a while ago from Nick AKA the large one - came in at about R2400 IIRC - but that was before the rand totally went down the toilet

http://www.disco3.co.uk/forum/topic22818.html?highlight=

Post #36743831st Oct 2008 6:52 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Post Reply
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >