Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > Spotted

Spotting in Lincs / South Humberside
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 2 12>
WaznotWas

England 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Zermatt SilverDiscovery 3
Spotting in Lincs / South Humberside

I am confused Rolling Eyes and concerned Laughing ..... Been driving from Bucks to Immingham - M1, A46, A15, M180 every week since June and have been flashing and waving at every D3 I've seen driving up, driving down and while driving around up here on Humberside.

Apart from a couple of reactions Thumbs Up everyone else I've seen seem to be oblivious to other D3 owners on the road Big Cry .

What gives!!!

Is there something about D3 owners in this neck of the woods?? Rolling with laughter

Anyone else come across other "dead areas"?

If it carries on I'll have to spot myself Big Cry Big Cry
 FORECAST FOR TONIGHT: things have happened out there!!!
The countryside is still OURS!!
Club 3 Musketeers, Club D3C, Club Midland CB, Club Vertex PMR, Club GNVP Sump Plate, Club GNVP Sliders, Club Uncle Ray Spare Wheel Protector, Club Smooth Steering Wheel, Club McStuckie
07 HSE Z Silver, black leather, Black RRS badges,
19" anthracite wheels - off, 18" Silver / General AT2's - on,
300 TDI Disco 1 - Sheltering the lawn! 

Post #33682927th Aug 2008 1:43 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
TSR2

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Stornoway GreyDiscovery 3

Sounds to me like you seen our horse riding fraternity if you'd have had a horse box on the back every man and his sheep dog would have been waving to you. These are local people, as in "Little Britain" local, so don't be offended just thank your lucky stars they haven't stopped you and asked you back to their "Local Shop" to do "Local " things. Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter

Will keep an eye out for you in the future. Just remember the ones with the D3 stickers are not "Locals" Whistle Whistle

Post #33684327th Aug 2008 6:32 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
WaznotWas

Maybe I should hook up the tin tent and drive verrrrry slowly around the lanes so that tractors have trouble overtaking then favour the local opulation with various hand gestures as the cars pass Rolling with laughter

But then if I go too slowly they could ambush me..... Shocked and then goodness knows.

I would have to chew my arm off or do something really serious to escape Thumbs Up

Drove down again from Immingham tonight - OK its dark but not one all the way down. Driving up to the LRTour tomorrow then back up north on Friday or maybe tomorrow night that way SWMBO won't get to see the evidence of the pre tour bash in the quarry - just hope to hell I can get there in time. Rolling with laughter

Its a great car to drive and its sweet to fill up in Immingham for less than £100 from "yellow light on" to full - wonderful.....must be coz they make the stuff next door to the station.... They sell it to TESCO's too... so now you know, Tesco buy their fuel from TOTAL.. and they are French!!!! probably why it smells like Frites...... Whistle

Do any of the members from around the North Lincs area have an evening meet anytime like the Cobham crew??? Might relieve the boredom of discussing Haddock prices with the local "girls" on a big night out from Grimsby or Cleethorpes!!!!!! Laughing
Club 3 Musketeers, Club D3C, Club Midland CB, Club Vertex PMR, Club GNVP Sump Plate, Club GNVP Sliders, Club Uncle Ray Spare Wheel Protector, Club Smooth Steering Wheel, Club McStuckie

Post #33729828th Aug 2008 1:21 am
TSR2

You were in Immingham in the dark!!? Either very brave or very ...brave. One of the country's more select areas where even the locals travel in groups after dark...

You never know who is supplying the petrol that you buy. Even those that have refineries have contracts with the others to supply their filling stations if they are nearer the refinery than they are their own. So it doesn't make much difference.

If you have a look at the members map you'll get an idea of what the answer is to that question.... Yes I do have a meeting and occasionaly the price of haddock does come up in the conversation ..with myself Sad . The Big Night Out??... Oh yes when SWMBO lets me go down to the pub for a beer or two. Have thought about visiting Grimsby...the bright lights 8) ...girls Shocked !!??...and of course the fish market Thumbs Up but it's not safe to go there on your own.

So I guess I will have to scrounge my way on to someone elses meet.

Trev.

Post #33733528th Aug 2008 7:40 am
John C

United Kingdom 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Auto Cairns BlueDiscovery 3

Your first problem was that you were in 'Humberside', which no longer exists - so that's maybe why you didn't see anyone.

Wink

John (from East Yorkshire)
 2020 SDV6 D5 HSE, Carpathian Grey +
2022 Tesla Model Y LR... almost Carpathian Grey
Previously : 2005 TDV6 SE Auto, Cairns Blue (288K) - ours for 16 years 

Post #33740928th Aug 2008 11:39 am
NHR

United Kingdom 2008 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Buckingham BlueDiscovery 3

Yes, having spent my childhood in that part of Lincolnshire which became Sounth Humberside, I was glad when that hated name disappeared. What's even worse than the name is the TV newscasters' habit of saying "on" Humberside or Merseyside rather than "in". Evil or Very Mad

Post #33742428th Aug 2008 12:52 pm
WaznotWas

My God, I thought maybe they had changed the name of the Humber to the North Lincolnshire for a moment there Rolling with laughter

It must be a relief for "locals" to know they are no longer beside the Humber. I think North Lincolnshire uses way too many letters Whistle What happens if they have to do joined-up writing? Laughing

If Humberside has gone what is that brown soupy stuff flowing in and out of Immingham docks Shocked ? Perhaps best not to ask........

They should b Censored dy well rename that bridge too then. Mr. Green and make crossing it free Thumbs Up

Post #33767328th Aug 2008 11:53 pm
TSR2

Waz,
I don't mind if they rename the bridge so long as they get rid of the toll. The "North Lincolnshire Toll Free Bridge" sounds awful except for the middle bit. Very Happy Very Happy

Is this the start of a campaign ?? Thumbs Up Thumbs Up Thumbs Up

Trev.

Post #33769129th Aug 2008 6:35 am
NHR

United Kingdom 2008 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Buckingham BlueDiscovery 3

They could just drop "North" from the name and everything would be back to normal. I am not sure the good folk of the home counties would have taken too kindly to waking up and finding themselves in "Thamesside" or whatever, whether or not they could manage joined up writing. Rolling with laughter

I agree that the bridge should be toll free. It probably costs more to levy the tolls than is generated in income.

Post #33771629th Aug 2008 8:43 am
garfield2

2015 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Barolo BlackDiscovery 4

Discovery Owners Club have a meet in The Red Lion at Revesby from 7.30pm onwards, i will find out "when" unless any other DOC members read this first

regards
martin

Post #3387161st Sep 2008 3:15 pm
TSR2

Thanks Martin. Send me the details and if I'm home I might just go.

Trev.

Post #3388841st Sep 2008 8:16 pm
garfield2

2015 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Barolo BlackDiscovery 4

trev

next meeting is on the 18th september 7.30 at the red lion at revesby, tim (yabs) is the local section rep

i will chec near the date just in case it changes

nice avatar by the way, new model out in 1/48th scale if your into it that far Thumbs Up

regards
martin

Post #3391662nd Sep 2008 11:38 am
TSR2

Thanks Martin. Unfortunately I'm back up in Aberdeen that week. If you get any more information please PM me and I'll try to make the next one.

Cheers, Trev.

Post #3392102nd Sep 2008 1:33 pm
andih

United Kingdom 2008 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Auto Java BlackDiscovery 3

heya, soz to butt in, but lincs meet is 3rd thurs of every month.................
 2008 D3 SE auto, Java black
Previous ‘ermy' 2007 D3 tdv6 xs java black,
formerly 'eeyore' 1992 D1 200tdi heavily mod
'cherry' 2000 D2 td5 slightly mod. my lil baby for 4 yrs

its nice to be important, but more important to be nice 

Post #3405935th Sep 2008 8:47 pm
TSR2

Where is that andi? I might just fall lucky and be able to get to one of them.

Trev.

Post #3406515th Sep 2008 10:54 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 2 12>
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >