Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > Africa

17" Rim
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Sandlover

South Africa 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 S Auto Zermatt SilverDiscovery 3
17" Rim

I'm still very keen to buy a spare 17" rim.

I don't want to go the BMW X5 route as there appears to be confusion about the brake offset (not the PCD as that seems to be the same). I have no flexibility up here should there be problems, so I would like the original.

If anyone knows of anything, anywhere in SA (preferably Gauteng or CT), I'll make a plan. Bow down

By the way, just bought the Frontrunner Air-jack. I hope it gets it up high enough as it does not look like it's possible? Rolling with laughter Will report back.
 Frontrunner roofrack and ladder. Optima yellow top. National Luna dual battery system. Bridgestone Dueler D694 A/T.

Christian Faure 

Post #34564718th Sep 2008 3:23 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Deondef

South Africa 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 S Auto Zambezi SilverDiscovery 3

Do you require the extra rim for long trips ? ie a 2nd spare ?

Your local, friendly LR Dealer should be able to supply you with a spare as part of the holiday kit - mine does Thumbs Up

I also have the Frontrunner air jack - lifts the vehicle very high - just make sure that you position it as upright as possible.

Do you have a "grommet" to fit to one of the exhausts while you inflate the bag Question
 Erstwhile - D3 S '07. Dual battery system. Upgraded tow hitch. Mantec skid plate. Frontrunner rr. Tmax double headed built in compressor

Defender TD5 110 CSW '00. "With everything" 

Post #34618219th Sep 2008 7:22 am
Sandlover

South Africa 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 S Auto Zermatt SilverDiscovery 3

Hi Deondef

Yes, I need it as a second spare. However, I don't have a 'friendly' stealer despite the amount of time I have spent there. I normally just take the spare tyre so far but it is bugging me. We go away fairly regularly here as it is fairly easy from Windhoek.

I get jealous when I see all the UK guys selling the 17" rims and I cannot partake.

The air jack now only comes with the compressor input. You have to order the exhaust piping separately. It suits me though as I had no intention of using the exhaust. I am busy having a bag made and will then test its effectiveness.
 Frontrunner roofrack and ladder. Optima yellow top. National Luna dual battery system. Bridgestone Dueler D694 A/T.

Christian Faure 

Post #34618419th Sep 2008 7:33 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Deondef

South Africa 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 S Auto Zambezi SilverDiscovery 3

Sandlover wrote:

The air jack now only comes with the compressor input. You have to order the exhaust piping separately. It suits me though as I had no intention of using the exhaust..

The compressor route is a much safer (and cleaner) one Exclamation Before I invested in a proper exhaust bung I had improvised one and this thing shot out like a Censored bullet when I tested it
 Erstwhile - D3 S '07. Dual battery system. Upgraded tow hitch. Mantec skid plate. Frontrunner rr. Tmax double headed built in compressor

Defender TD5 110 CSW '00. "With everything" 

Post #34619319th Sep 2008 8:22 am
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >