Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > Africa

Discussions from "Lurverly MPG" dirty air filters
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Alfwarez

South Africa 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 S Auto Bonatti GreyDiscovery 3
Discussions from "Lurverly MPG" dirty air filters

Reading their findings under "General" I went and looked to see whether LR replaced my air filter after 48k service and blow me away I found that it was still the original air filter when I purchased the vehicle. They also told me that they had replaced the pollen filter and on investigation found that they had not. To replace both components cost me R750.00. The air filter was absolutely filthy as we have done numerous trips on dust roads. The dealership in question is Waterford. I will be contacting them to give them a mouth full + ask for a refund.

Think of it we are paying for the maintenance plan upfront and how much money these service centers are making by not changing the components at the required service intervals. Bunch of pirates. Next time I will be keeping a closer watch, which should not be the case if they were honest, on what work is carried out and if the components have been replaced. I wonder if these pirates change the oil filter or diesel filter ... makes you think.

Post #31382324th Jun 2008 5:46 pm
Deondef

South Africa 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 S Auto Zambezi SilverDiscovery 3

Pity that one has to check these things - what happened to the trust Question

Had my Defender serviced when Southern Landrover was still located in JHB - right next to my offices. I had marked all the filters with a permanent marker and requested that I keep all the old filters before a service. Not one of the marked filters were in the vehicle when I collected and when pointed out everyone went on the search - found all marked filters bar the air filter. Crying or Very sad

Another occasion had shocks replaced by OME, requested that I keep the old shocks - but these had disappeared into thin air Yawn When asked for compensation the whole "non standard LR parts will effect your warranty" was mooted Exclamation
 Erstwhile - D3 S '07. Dual battery system. Upgraded tow hitch. Mantec skid plate. Frontrunner rr. Tmax double headed built in compressor

Defender TD5 110 CSW '00. "With everything" 

Post #31397325th Jun 2008 6:18 am
robharvey

South Africa 2012 Discovery 4 5.0 V8 SE Auto Fuji WhiteDiscovery 4

It probably won't make you feel any better but the problem is not LR specific. My old man's Land Cruiser was spluttering on his way from Durban to Hoedspruit, so he pulled into the local Vryheid dealership. The problem was easily found - a pirate fuel filter had been installed by a dealership in Durban. Charming service, and when questioned on his return they denied all responsibility, as they would.

I asked the LR service guys the other day how often the transfer and diff oils are changed, and was told they are checked every major service. To me checked and changed are different animals. Surely changing them would increase the lifespan of the said components. I'm booked for a service tomorrow so I'll bend a couple of ears and see if anything comes of it.

Post #31398925th Jun 2008 7:57 am
Alfwarez

South Africa 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 S Auto Bonatti GreyDiscovery 3

The reply I got from Waterford is that they replace the air filter every 60K km and that they had replaced my pollen filter. With regard to the air filter it is a well known fact that its replacement is dependent on the amount of dirt road riding. Mine was absolutely filthy which, tells me they don't give a damn on the condition of the air filter or even better they don't check. With regard to the pollen filter I don't believe they replaced it as the new one I replaced looks different in construction. They tell me that the keep the old parts for a period of 3 months for audit purposes, ye right. They can take any old part and tell you that it came from your vehicle.

Can anyone tell me what Bedfordview LR is like for service, I might change for my next service.

Post #31584230th Jun 2008 5:08 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >