Advertise on DISCO3.CO.UK
Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > Technical (D3)

Air suspension just a totally frustrating thing!
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
von Horst

Sweden 
Air suspension just a totally frustrating thing!

Disco 3 TDV6 2007.

I find this utterly frustrating to the point of getting conventional suspension!...system program OFF and I have to restart once or twice and then it works but sometimes it dont work and then I have to sort of cheat the system by quickly pushing the little lever ( on the transmission console forward chosing normal height and invariably it will stay there!
I only ever drive at Normal-height! isnt it possible to just remove a fuse or relai to simply stay at normal-height?? lock it at normal-height!!
I mean it cant be that badly designed that you cant simply chose to drive at Normal?? surely! I mean sooner or later it will then probably go into Limp-mode!

thanks for any input!

Post #236183412th Feb 2024 3:09 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote

Sweden 2006 Discovery 3 4.4 V8 HSE Auto Bonatti GreyDiscovery 3

Well, I've had D3's and D4's since 2008 and only had one fault with air suspension which was nothing compared to it's many benefits when towing, offroading etc.
If you regularly get "HDC fault - special programs off" at startup it sounds like you have a power supply issue, if battery is good, then maybe wiring or ground points?
Normally the system stays in normal mode unless something else is selected.
What are your fault codes?

If you just get frustrated by the D3 and its features, no need to suffer, sell it to someone who can appreciated it and buy yourself a Kia Very Happy
 Defender 110 SE 2021, Tasman Blue
Discovery 1 V8 ES 1997, Epsom green
Discovery 3 V8 HSE 2006, Bonatti Grey
Range Rover V8 1983, Sierra Silver 

Post #236185312th Feb 2024 7:38 pm
von Horst

Sweden 

Thanks!! I appreciate that! yes brand new battery! going to check the wiring although I doubt it! anyway I do have another quite new RR so I am Ok!
However if you do look around here there are tons and tons of problems, this and that with the Air suspension on older cars ( even newer ones) maybe Lr simply havent got it right?? who knows?

If you can try and drive an older Landcruiser and you will for sure see what I mean!

all the best!

Post #236185712th Feb 2024 7:53 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Post Reply
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >