Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > Australia & New Zealand

UHF fitment
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
DiscoJools

Australia 2010 Discovery 4 TDV6 Base 5 Seat Auto Fuji WhiteDiscovery 4
UHF fitment

Am thinking of having UHF radio fitted to my Disco3. Will get one with a remote head. Don't have a bull bar yet so where do I put the arial? Also where have others put the remote head and main unit?
 2.7 D4 eDiff, Traxide Dual battery, Safari Snorkel...Opposite Lock winch bar..extra set 17" wheels with 245/70/17 BFG KM2 MTs..Warrior winch..Long range tank.
1982 2dr RRC renovated.
1983 Range Rover 2dr fitted with 300Tdi (with bigger turbo), 40mm body lift, Warn 9000i winch and BFG MT 265/75/16. Rear Maxidrive locker
1976 Landcruiser BJ40 with tipper body for the farm!! 

Post #28631414th Apr 2008 2:18 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
StornowaySA

Australia 2010 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 HSE Auto Stornoway GreyDiscovery 4

very good question and well documented on this site if you Search "aerial" or "antenna" from memory.

I fitted my UHF (GME 3440) hidden away under dash as mine is the one with all the buttons on the micro phone; I figure in the Mobile phone age it makes sense Wink

I have the A Bar and whilst ARB kindly offered (!) to solve the problem of where to mount the aerial by selling me a $1600 bull bar I politley declined that "cheap" option Rolling Eyes

I settled with copying what a guy in the UK did and mounted it on the top rung of the ladder that came with the expo roof rack (but mounting it on the rack or if you have neither - the roof rails is a good option).
 MY2010 D4 HSE 3.0, e-diff, 19inch MTR's; LLAMS Height adjustor, LR f & r light guards, LR side steps, LR bright finish side door mouldings; LR/Mantec G4 front bash plate, LR G4 Winch kit, Warn 9500lb Winch; GOE compressor guard, Uniden UHF, LR bright finish roof rails, LR G4 driving light kit, LR G4 ladder, 4 x extra rear compartment 12V sockets, Traxide dual battery system and Optima Yellowtop battery, ORS drawer system / fridge slide, LED rear compartment lighting.  
Post #28631814th Apr 2008 4:39 am
catweasel

pics in gallery of cb install

Post #28637814th Apr 2008 10:31 am
razzle

Australia 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Auto Zermatt SilverDiscovery 3

Contemplating the same issues as you are at the moment.

As for aerial, my UHF guy said according to ADR, that aerial brackets can’t protrude outside the cars body, he recommended a aerial that would stick on the front windscreen.

As for positioning the uhf unit, I have thought of a few positions, Top glove box, inside the centre storage bin, under the drivers seat or under the dash.
I am probably leaning to the top glove box, he recommended under the drivers seat.

The only issue I have is the power supply, A normal person would tap into the front 12 V accessories supply, but I read some where on the forum this will invalidate the warranty. The UHF installer made a interesting comment on the new tojo 200 series that there are a couple of terminals in the fuse box to supply power for any accessories that does not cause any warranty issues.
 Trust me, what could go wrong?  
Post #28644814th Apr 2008 1:33 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >