DISCO3.CO.UK > Technical (D3)

Sensor
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Trucks

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Tonga GreenDiscovery 3
Sensor

Click image to enlarge

Can anybody tell me why this fuel leak off pressure sensor for a 9635692580 Peugeot Citroen Ford Diesel 2.0 1.6 HDi Fuel Leak Off Pressure Sensor is in my D3
Click image to enlarge

I am having trouble with loss of power and having to use the id tool to and get to fuel prime routine and check and reset procedure and the fault goes away for a few miles the funny thing is I do not get any warning lights just a message saying engine fault and can drive as I did today 15 miles but no power and crawl uphills and dive along as normal 50mph
After reading several other reports and suggestions I went to check the fuel temperature sensor wires etc and the state of the sensor and all seemed ok so thought I buy a new one as a just in case thing and when put the part number I came across all the information for fords Peugeot but nothing on the land rover.
 pete truckle  
Post #22091649th Feb 2021 3:58 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Pete K

England 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Rimini RedDiscovery 3

Alot of the top of the engine is citroen

If you have an IID you can read live values. E.g fuel temperature sensor.

Before the engine is started that day you can read the coolant and fuel temp and they should be practically the same value.

When the engine is warm or giving problems you can also read fuel temp and see if it is a valid value

I think landrover sell this as part of the leak off pipe assembly. probably £200.
you have done well to remove it.

Personally I would replace the fuel filter and see if it helps your problems

Post #22091809th Feb 2021 5:20 pm
Trucks

Well that's funny as I serviced her the other day with the usual oil filters and fuel filter .
Purchased from a land rover dealer so fuel filter should be ok
I did get the engine fault message before the service but very very rarely and no sooner it displayed itself it went off this would happen once or twice a week over say a distance of 500 miles so never had a real problem.
Since this lockdown I have not been any where so serviced her and since then the engine fault sign came on and stayed on and then had reduced power on the two short trips of less than twenty miles.
I did have all the temperature values and pressure on the I'd tool and all seemed correct except one as seen in the picture seems abnormally high
I did think about a low battery but that is at 12.75 volts and charging just over 14.5 volts on tickover so I have ruled that out

You say I done well to get it out it wasn't hard and the clip will not go fully down but is secured and the car is running again without no fault but I have not driven out in it since going through the I'd and setting the fuel prime routine.
As there is diesel running through the pipes and sensor (I know that's obvious ) I would have thought it would have been under some sort of pressure so therefore hard to remove,there was no pressure and the plug/sensor pulled out quite easily,should there be some pressure there? If so is pressure there on start up and where would the pressure be released once the engine has stoped.
Thanks for your input
Pete
 pete truckle  
Post #22091929th Feb 2021 5:52 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Pete K

No there shouldn’t be pressure at the temp sensor.

Maybe you got the filter pipes the wrong way round if it’s worse since ?

Post #22091959th Feb 2021 5:58 pm
Trucks

Yes it is .
I have been thinking about that as it is so hard to do laying on my back ,but I put that out my mind as I presume it wouldn't start or run for the miles it has done since changing the fuel filter .
I also don't feel like getting underneath at the moment as it's bloody cold in that wind blowing down the drive at minus 3/4 at the moment.
I think that is the way to go first as I have had the car 16 months and never had any trouble like what I got now
Please enlighten me if it is possible to be able to run the car with the pipes on wrong
Thanks
Pete
PS thanks for being on board your the only reply on the forum and I am sure the guy that has helped me since I joined over a year ago Thumbs Up
 pete truckle  
Post #22092149th Feb 2021 7:11 pm
Pete K

Yes it will run with the pipes the wrong way round.
But give problems while driving.

The old filter may have had a coloured sheet round the pipes, to help get them in the correct place

Post #22092359th Feb 2021 8:29 pm
Trucks

Yes they were coloured and I am sure I put them on right but as said I will check that out as soon as the weather permits,
Couldn't buy that sensor anywhere but for aliexpress so ordered two I know I know but couldn't get them anywhere else , there were allot of fuel return lines with them fitted but all sealed so no use .
Will get back when I have checked the fuel filter
Pete
 pete truckle  
Post #22092419th Feb 2021 8:43 pm
Pete K

Did your sensors arrive?

Have you tried electrically plugging them into your LR ?
Did they give a valid temperature ?

Post #232721719th Feb 2023 12:40 pm
Trucks

Yes they did and I still have them in the
Shed unused I believe,I will find them out and get back to you,do you need one then?
 pete truckle  
Post #232722519th Feb 2023 2:15 pm
Pete K

Mek in swis was trying to replace one.

I was curious as to whether the ones you found worked electrically

Post #232722619th Feb 2023 2:18 pm
Trucks

To be honest Pete, looking over the messages between us I can't even remember doing all that and having any problems with the car.
Christ I knew my memory was bad just yesterday my mate 4 doors down was telling me all the work I done on his car over the last three years I can't rember any of it what a sad state of affairs.
Still my D3 has been brilliant since buying her yet again if I can't remember it's going to be Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter
 pete truckle  
Post #232722719th Feb 2023 2:30 pm
Trucks

Well it must have done because I only have one new left and the replacement was discarded so as to not get mixed up with the new ones.
I am beginning to vaguely remember now.
 pete truckle  
Post #232722919th Feb 2023 2:47 pm
Pete K

Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter

The fact you only have one means you must have fitted it ? Laughing

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4001080132...kGffdts3Ho

Last edited by Pete K on 19th Feb 2023 8:58 pm. Edited 1 time in total 
Post #232723219th Feb 2023 3:32 pm
Trucks

Yes I did and it worked fine just checked with my mate he was there when I fitted it and still working fine.
So all foreign parts ain't junk then. Thumbs Up
Keep safe
 pete truckle  
Post #232723319th Feb 2023 3:54 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Post Reply
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >