DISCO3.CO.UK > Technical (D3)

D3 V8 project limiting throttle
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Mayfair86

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 S Manual Indus SilverDiscovery 3
D3 V8 project limiting throttle

Evening All,

I have my Manual AJV8 Disco 3 project that is now running and on the road. It is an awesome bit of kit however I have an issue with the performance. The ECU is limiting the throttle to between 16% and about 25% (increases with revs). As you can imagine this restricts performance quite drastically. No codes are present other than 'missing transmission control module bus signal/message' due to the obvious lack of auto box module. At first I thought it was going to be the P/N switch being permanently 'on', however this is now on a switch on the dash for testing and makes no difference. I have swapped the throttle pedal in case that was limiting it as I know the auto and manual pedals are different. With the engine off but ign on I can get 99.9% TPS by pressing the pedal, I get between 56% - 100% pedal sens B but this reaches 100% at a TPS of 52.2%, 13.3% - 77.3% on pedal sens D and 14.5% - 75.7% on pedal sens E. This does seem a bit strange to me but it's basically the same for both pedals, and the TPS still goes to 100%?
I have earthed the 'Sport/Manual' wire on the autobox loom incase that was causing problems but no difference.
I need to get all the modules re-coded to remove the autobox features and I will be getting the ECU re-mapped so I can solve most issues with that but I would quite like to try and get full throttle with what I have at the moment.
I'm sure it's going to be a wire on the auto loom that either needs a signal or to be grounded to tell the ECU that it's in D but I can't find anything obvious on the wiring diagrams!

As always, any help is greatly appreciated.

Post #23217397th Jan 2023 10:27 pm
Pete K

England 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Rimini RedDiscovery 3

I think the ecu and gearbox talk a lot more than you think.
Retard ignition before gear change I think. Etc

Could be a safety thing, not Reving too much if comms lost
I’d get the Ccf or config sorted

Post #23217447th Jan 2023 11:06 pm
Flatlander

United Kingdom 

It's not as old tech as you think - there will be expected / missing messages from the auto 'box - mainly requested torque etc. on CAN, these cannot be bypassed by physical means. TBH, I'm not even sure the ECM is capable working with a manual gearbox, the whole thing will have been coded for signals from an auto 'box.
As above, get it coded for the config you have and go from there.

Post #23217467th Jan 2023 11:22 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >