Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > Technical (D3)

Suspension control module
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
AACSC

England 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Indus SilverDiscovery 3
Suspension control module

My car is a 05 Disco 3 and I have a problem with my suspension.

When I last used the car I had the yellow then red suspension warnings appear on the dashboard. After connecting my IID/BT the fault was described as a failure in the air supply and I deflated the air suspension and removed the compressor. The Hitachi compressor is only 4 years old and I found no fault when I examined the various bits.

When I run a fault check now the fault code is C1A00 (AF) CONTROL MODULE SYSTEM PROGRAMMING FAILURE - MISSING CALIBRATION.

I have tried all ways to resolve the fault code but must now concede defeat and need expert assistance.

Are there any mobile tech experts in the West Midlands (Sutton Coldfield) who I can gainfully employ to examine my car and assist me with my problem.

AACSC
 Graduate of the FDC ( Fred Dibnah College)  
Post #231657927th Nov 2022 5:31 pm
gstuart

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 Base 7 Seat Auto Java BlackDiscovery 3

Hi

Hope u don’t mind me asking but did u re enable ur suspension plse , do u have a light by the rise/ lower lever by ur centre console

Few other things u could try if above is ok , check ur fuses and relay , if the compressor fails to work check u have voltage to it

Then using the gap iid / live data check to see what the compressors output is, have enclosed a chart of the readings u should be seeing

Later on u might require the suspension to be re calibrated

Hope that helps a little with some basic checks to get u started before delving deeper , would hate to see u buy anything before these are checked

Click image to enlarge

Post #231681929th Nov 2022 5:18 pm
AACSC

England 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Indus SilverDiscovery 3

Hi

Thank you for your comments and I am now embarking on a serious assault on the electronics of the suspension system.

Having removed the compressor and found it to be in good clean condition and working order I am now into continuity testing of all the wiring.

I removed the front nearside wheel and wheel arch liner and confirmed the continuity of the wires between the three plugs within the wheel arch and the various plugs at the rear of the vehicle. The only one that gave me cause for concern was the connection to the earth post located on the rear of the wheel arch

It is probably common sense to similarly test the wiring from these three plugs to the engine junction box, the central junction box and the suspension control module but access to the module looks to be a major problem.

Having got this far I am beginning to understand how the system performs and feel confident that a result will be achieved.

I will let you know how I get on

AACSC
 Graduate of the FDC ( Fred Dibnah College)  
Post #231692830th Nov 2022 11:21 am
gstuart

Ur so welcome and glad it was useful

With ur compressor placed on a bench and tested they can work but not produce the pressure that’s per data, it can sometimes be something as simple as the dryer material and filters inside the dryer are clogged up or worn out

U can do a basic canbus test via ur OBD2 socket , ie

With both battery leads disconnected from the battery posts

Multimeter set to ohms, ( TP Is just short for test probe from ur multimeter )

TP to pin 6 other TP to pin 14 , read ohms
TP to pin 3 other TP to pin 11, read ohms

Feel ur pain and many of us have had to deal with chasing errors on the suspension system , so there’s plenty of us here that can help

Also enclosed a couple of links on the suspension which hopefully will also assist u , apologises if you’ve already seen them

https://media.disco3.co.uk/gallery/albums/...iption.pdf

After opening the link on this one just press download

https://onedrive.live.com/?authkey=%21AMrv...mp;o=OneUp

With ur gap iid I found using the live data very helpful, as can see what the compressor is outputting in psi , then the motor temperature as that will tell u if it’s getting hot very quickly etc , including things like ur pressure sensir Vdc readings etc , know what u mean ref the compressors ecu seeing it’s tucked up behind the drivers side dashboard

Also ensuring ur battery is in top condition , reading a min of around 12.6 Vdc with the engine off

As a side note that earth post in ur front wheel arch apart from ur compressor also feeds a 5 Vdc up to ur ECM behind the battery , I removed the earth connections , cleaned it up using a dremel then reinstalled using some copperslip , also using a multimeter on both side of connectors to ensure u can get continuity on either side ensuring the pins arnt bad etc

Hope the above is also useful and indeed plse let us know how u get on , can of course assist u with ur findings and full error codes as u work through it

Last edited by gstuart on 1st Dec 2022 3:28 pm. Edited 3 times in total 
Post #23170881st Dec 2022 3:08 pm
gstuart

Sorry for the ramblings , but have u checked the suspension height yet plse with a tape measure , of course that’s only if u can get it to work

Set in normal ride height , measuring in MM from the centre of ur wheels to the bottom of the wheels arches

Front 460mm/ rear 485mm

Once again apologises me waffling Laughing

Post #23170891st Dec 2022 3:21 pm
Flack

England 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 XS Auto Stornoway GreyDiscovery 3

Did you check the drier cap to make sure its not cracked in between the pipes. Have you checked the wiring for the height sensors, check them in live view to make sure they are all working.

Flack Thumbs Up

Post #23170951st Dec 2022 5:43 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Post Reply
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >