Ride height arm
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Daz69

Australia 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Auto Loire BlueDiscovery 3
Ride height arm

G’day all
I hope everyone is having a great Easter weekend

I don’t like to hassle anyone with asking questions about something that has been covered so many times so have tried searching through the forums for the last couple of days but couldn’t find exactly what I was looking for, if somebody has put this up then I apologise for doubling (tripling/quadrupling) on this one

I have a 2005 D3 (base model) and the fault code I am getting is C1A07 (don’t have expensive reader so don’t have the extra numbers), also getting codes C1A03/C1A04 but not all the time, when this happens it drops to the stops.
I have replaced all for corner struts and did the Orings in all 3 valve blocks, the desiccant in the compressor was done at the same time and the vehicle does not drop overnight anymore.

I think it is disco mike that keeps putting up about the wires on the left front wheel arch and checked those and all looks good and has continuity from the left ride height level plug to the plug in the wheel arch on all 3 pins

The live data from all 4 corners appears to be correct with 4.9v continuous to all 4 corners and the voltage from all corners only changes with the height of the corner (1.8ish at normal height, changes up and down with the vehicle raising and lowering)

I have read on here that it is likely the ride height switch that is playing up but I get a continuous live reading at all times even when in fault mode. One of the other options I have seen is it could be the ride height arms could be getting sloppy and that is the reason for this post as I can not find any video or info on how to tell if the rubber on the arms are wearing out.
Does anybody have a video by any chance of their ride height arms in good condition with how much play in the rubber eyelets and travel in general in the arm when attached. I have done a search on you tube as well but not very fruitful.
I am about to go out and pull the compressor out again to check the exhaust valve but it does lower normally when I trigger it down

My memory isn’t great so there are things I wanted to put into this post that I will have forgotten
Thanks
Daz

Post #228836818th Apr 2022 12:49 am
Daz69

Walking out to the car I thought I should take a video of it myself so people can have a look at it that way and see if it is ok so hopefully I can upload this video

I hope that works

I also thought maybe I should measure the height in normal mode again and they are a little out so could just be a calibration needed (another thing to do)
Cheers

Post #228837018th Apr 2022 1:34 am
gstuart

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 Base 7 Seat Auto Java BlackDiscovery 3

Hi

Must confess my height sensors look the same as ur video in the way they flex etc

Also found a few threads for u regarding ur fault codes

C1A07

https://www.disco3.co.uk/forum/topic178371...t=C1A07-62

C1A03-1C (2E) Front left height sensor

https://www.disco3.co.uk/forum/height-sens...ight=C1A03

C1A04-1C (AF) Front right height sensor

https://www.disco3.co.uk/forum/c1a041c-af-...ight=C1A04

Hope u find the error which indeed looks like a wiring problem

Post #228837118th Apr 2022 2:56 am
Daz69

Thanks G
Good to know that the arms look ok. Thanks for that.

I had read and gone through the top 2 of those but the 3rd one was new to me
Need to work out where that ecu is that connects under the left wheel arch and see if I can find a break in the loom amongst them

Post #228837218th Apr 2022 4:38 am
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >