DISCO3.CO.UK > Technical (D3)

C1A20 Compressor Delivery Valve
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
theshrew2000

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 S Manual Baltic BlueDiscovery 3
C1A20 Compressor Delivery Valve

Hi folks,

I thought I would pop this in here because I was trawling for a while banging my head against the wall and screaming at the underside of my disco for so long and nothing seemed to be working. Eventually I found my problem and I thought it would be wise to pop in to let people know what was wrong because I'm normally just the kind of person who silently borrows information from these forums when needed. This is the best way I can show my appreciation.

Since getting my disco back on the road last year, I've had compressor trouble. I must have a leak somewhere which I'm still trying to trace. Eventually the compressor went and died. I took it off but everything on it was corroded so that when I attempted to open it up I just sheared the screw heads off. After a few choice words and a cup of tea I decided that the next best step would be to buy the finest new compressor that I could find on Ebay. I think it's a Dunlop replacement which is near enough identical to the Hitachi unit.

This ran flawlessly for a couple of months or more but then it popped the yellow 60A fuse under the bonnet. I popped a new one in but was then given the all to usual suspension light on the dash. Reading off the codes I got a C1A20 code "Pressure increases too slow when filling reservoir"

I read off the data to see the compressor making air happily up to but no more than 300kpa.

I checked for leaks in the tank, the lines and connections. The suspension wouldn't lower on the driveway unless it was left for well over a week. Nothing seems wrong. I even tried T-ing into the air tank with another compressor to assist which only confused the system more.

After a while I gave up and removed the new compressor. hooked it up to a boost pack and a pressure gauge and sure enough it would barely hit 40psi. I opened up the 16mm plug to look at the delivery valve to find the little blue plastic valve shot to pieces. I could have cried with joy to find an actual fault.

£11.50 on ebay later and in a couple of days I was back up and running. I'll get to tracing my slow leak now. I suspect the pipe between the reservoir valve block and rear valve block to be the one.

I hope this will be a useful reference for somebody else here.

Post #227508526th Jan 2022 1:55 pm
PROFSR G

Ukraine 2009 Discovery 3 TDV6 Commercial XS Auto Stornoway GreyDiscovery 3

That's one of the reasons why I constantly advise Genuine Hitachi or AMK compressors only!

Let's hope something else doesn't fall off anytime soon. Laughing
 yµ (idµ - eAµ) ψ=mψ

Post #227512226th Jan 2022 5:16 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >