DISCO3.CO.UK > Technical (D3)

TCCM Replacement
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Shealesy

Scotland 
TCCM Replacement

Morning all.

The endless Caithness rain made its way into my TCCM a week or so ago, corroded connectors, fried components etc. Special programs off, HDC Fault, transmission fault, suspension lowered, park brake fault and most annoyingly, stuck in low range (as parked when last used, lesson learnt).

Matching part number replacement found (there’s a lot of different ones eh!) on the bay and on its way.

Am I right in thinking that the only complications I’ll have are a permanent VIN mismatch code and the need to do the transfer box and gearbox calibrations?

2005 manual D3 for reference.

Is there also anything I can do to avoid another soaking? I’ve pulled the bonnet weatherseal round, leaving a slightly larger gap front and centre, as it was just about off its seat in battery corner. The plastic box around the TCCM wasn’t clipped shut properly and the cable gaskets weren’t seated very well in their slots so I’m hoping what I’ve done (and when installed properly) is enough to keep it dry!

Cheers!
Shealesy
 D3 HSE - MY05 - Java black - Retired
Vauxhall Insignia Country Tourer - PX’d, in a poor way
GAP IIDBT G3
2x Colliewobbles and a Kelpie 

Post #226206814th Nov 2021 11:41 am
Disco_Mikey

Scotland 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Cairns BlueDiscovery 3

You'll need suitable diagnostic gear to put the correct firmware into the replacement TCCM, and run calibrations

Alternatively, a new module isn't that expensive...
 My D3 Build Thread

TDV8 Retrofit Build Thread 

Post #226207514th Nov 2021 11:56 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Shealesy

Scotland 

Thanks DM, I’ll call the used one a suck-it-and-see, then stick it back on the bay and look at new ones, if it doesn’t work. Can always hope it’s from a matching spec, being an identical part number.

Would the calibration without a device not work? (ignition on no engine start, throttle down, hold a switch, wizards handshake, click clunk, different wizard, different clunk click etc) Found it on here a couple of days ago. Followed by the gearbox calibration through all the gears for a few seconds each, usually an XY sensor fix?

Does a new one need any kind of coding/firmware etc to get it running? I’ve only got the magic little Autel, no coding capability (that I’ve found).

Cheers!
GAP IIDBT G3

Post #226208114th Nov 2021 12:21 pm
Disco_Mikey

Scotland 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Cairns BlueDiscovery 3

If your lucky enough to find one with matching numbers, and correct firmware, you'll still need diag for a calibration routine.
 My D3 Build Thread

TDV8 Retrofit Build Thread 

Post #226209714th Nov 2021 2:01 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Shealesy

Scotland 

And here lies my first (of hopefully not too many) “Should have listened to Disco_Mikey”

Wasn’t lucky enough to find a matching numbers part (the eBay part never materialised but I got a refund so meh) so grabbed a fresh one, nearly all functions have been restored! I can use HDC, air suspension and special programs again! Eventually, because as it stands it is still stuck in low range and will take me a long time to get anywhere to use them… I’m in need of calibration, the wizards handshake found elsewhere on here didn’t work on mine.

So, who is the furthest north (without using a boat or plane) with an IID tool or similar that can do a transfer box calibration? I’m in Caithness, near Latheron. There’s lunch, cake, craic and the opportunity to point and laugh at me for whoever can swing on by!

Edit: and cash if it’s an IID needing an additional VIN license

Shealesy
GAP IIDBT G3

Post #226295018th Nov 2021 4:45 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >