DISCO3.CO.UK > Finance, Insurance and Warranties

A warning about LR approved warranty
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
kevofcov

England 2016 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 Graphite LE Auto Java BlackDiscovery 4
A warning about LR approved warranty

I didn’t know this. Please be warned.

The following is taken from a Johnny Oxford post. I knew it was insurance but I did not appreciate that the following will happen. Obviously the dealer won’t mention it when he’s selling to you.

I honestly thought if the car becomes faulty then the investigation work costs would be between the dealer and LR to sort – one made it the other sold it.

If you buy approved used from a dealer with warranty, the warranty is not from Land Rover - even though it has the land rover badge all over it. It is an insurance policy.

If you believe you have a breakdown (claim), you have to book into a dealer, and sign paperwork agreeing you will pay £180 per hour for them to look at it and decide if it is covered by warranty.

If they decide yes, then you dont have to pay.

If they decide no then you do.

Crikey. Please somebody tell me I'm wrong

Post #21520517th Jun 2020 6:59 am
DG
Site Moderator 

Wales 

Pretty much like any other extended warranty tbh Thumbs Up
 21 year LR veteran > D2 GS 2003 > D3 S 2006 > D3 HSE 2009 > D4 HSE 2013 > D4 HSE 2015 > D5 HSE 2018 > DS HSE R-Dynamic P300e 2021  
Post #21520537th Jun 2020 7:25 am
DrRobH

United Kingdom 

That’s where an IID comes into it’s own. You soon recoup the £400 Rolling with laughter Thumbs Up
 Visitor from fullfatrr.com
RR Vogue SE 2011 4.4 TDV8
1974 Lightweight 

Post #21520567th Jun 2020 7:32 am
SteveNorman

United Kingdom 

Quote:
If you believe you have a breakdown (claim), you have to book into a dealer, and sign paperwork agreeing you will pay £180 per hour for them to look at it and decide if it is covered by warranty.

You don’t have to take it to the dealer for work. Find an independent that is happy to deal with the warranty company. Thumbs Up

Regards
Steve

Post #21520797th Jun 2020 9:08 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
L319

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Buckingham BlueDiscovery 3

Most extended warranty's have similar wording. There can also be issues about how much is covered. Have had some issues with WD early on with the fuel system. They would pay for and fitting a new fuel pump, but not flushing out the whole system to make sure nothing contaminated. Conversely two new diffs, front and rear , no issues at all and carried out by my local LR Main Dealer.

Post #21520897th Jun 2020 9:42 am
Motolab

Netherlands 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Zambezi SilverDiscovery 3

My general rule about Warranty is this; if you have to pay for it, it is not warranty but insurance .

And when i need it, it does not cover what i need or only partially, so i have still costs to pay..

Insurance on used (older) goods (goods, not accidents regarding Liability or illness, hospital, houses, etc. Meant/discussed here etc.)
Is a profit making business... so in general we pay more than we get..... otherwise it wasn’t profitable for company’s in te first place, with all those wages, fancy buildings, etc. Etc.
I myself always make calculations for each motor... but since 30 years i have never done extended warranty’s etc... but put those amounts aside myself... and easily pay all the costs incl maintenance from it... make the “profit” myself....

I understand if someone is a starter, there is no buffer, Etc.... or a motor is only a few years old.. ok..
but..After 7 or 10 years or more? . the “worst” thing ( in expenses) that can happen Is a major engine brakedown or like wise... (Can happen, but had it only once in 32 years, with i think more than 16 motors, it was a LR repaired for 5000 quid incl a lot of other Maintenance stuff. Well, all i can say, make you calculations..

You only need discipline Wink
 Best regards
Harold

Always looking for Pre '55's & Pre war British Motorcycles! knowing or having one for sale? PM please. I visit the UK 6 times a year

Ps. I edit my texts quite often, english is not my native language, so I will edit My “typo’s” etc. Wink 

Post #21521107th Jun 2020 11:30 am
LT

United Kingdom 2016 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 Landmark LE Auto Santorini BlackDiscovery 4

The LR approved warranty, or whatever it’s called, replaced the twin turbo unit on my last D4 when it was just over 3 years old. All done at a main dealers, nothing to pay which was nice as the cost was over £4K and a brand new Evoque was supplied for my use. The later being the only downside 😆.
 2006 D3 HSE (Original & still the best)-GONE
2010 D4 HSE (A bit bling)-GONE
2014 D4 HSE (Almost too bling)-GONE
2015 D4 HSE (A heated what?)-GONE
2016 D4 Landmark (Written Off)-GONE
2016 D4 Landmark (Surely the last!) PD1881 rims-GONE
2017 FFRR SDV8 Autobiography 

Post #21521147th Jun 2020 12:10 pm
riverblanche

England 2008 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Java BlackDiscovery 3

Hi,
there has been a number of threads about "land rovers" Rolling Eyes warranty

just done a search with "car care plan warranty land rover" and 7 threads pop up, with this one Whistle

https://www.disco3.co.uk/forum/landrover-a...land+rover
 Transit! 2019
Gone D3 HSE 2008
Another Porsche Cayenne 2022
Gone Porsche Cayenne 2020
Gone RRS HSE Dynamic 2016
Gone RRS HSE LUX 2011
Gone RRS HSE 2006
Gone D3 SE 2.7 2008
gone D2 Td5 1999

I plan on living forever and so far so good !

Club DG Mclaren stuff

Post #21521467th Jun 2020 3:27 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >