DISCO3.CO.UK > Maintenance & Mods (D3)

EPB —- Disco 3 Parking brake issue some ideas
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Kershaw32

2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Manual Zambezi SilverDiscovery 3
EPB —- Disco 3 Parking brake issue some ideas

Hi All,
I have used this site lots since getting a disco 3 3 years ago for my wife to go to horses. So i think it’s only fair to share a nightmare i have had with the EPB. So about 12 months ago i started to have issues switching the handbrake off and it got that bad i got a new switch. This sorted all my problems and worked well for a couple of months then one morning went out to the car and bing parking brake fault. amber warning light and red flashing light... This is why i used this site and checked all the common issues as it was odd as could use code reader to run the EPB motor and i had power showing at the switch in car. I checked the NSR wheel arch and everything was fine no issues and no previous repairs. Then i found some information on the new wire Landrover added in near the suspension pump and i touched a wire and it fell apart. Yes i thought i have solved the problem but i had not!!! I did everything checked wires in front NSF wheel arch / adjusted brakes up still the same. I then check the wires from the switch inside to the NSR wheel arch multi plug all good... Then i checked the wires from the EPB to multi plug in NSR wheel arch and i found that the red wire had a fault (using multi meter). No idea how this wire is damaged as it’s all in original casing with no signs of any rubbing or damage. So my only advice is brake-down how you look at this and for me i knew the EPB motor was ok as i could run it up and off with code reader. First thing i would suggest is check to see if you have power to the EPB two green and yellow wires (thick wires) you will have to take the plug out the EPB to check this. If you have no power my suggestion is look above / around the suspension pump as joint landrover put in was just about to fall apart on the joint. Then split the system up and check from the NSR wheel arch plugs to the handbrake switch inside to ensure you have no broken wires. After this check from the plug to the EPB above back axle from the plug in the NSR wheel arch. In my case it was the red wire that was an issue. Ran a new wire from multi plug NSR wheel arch to EPB and back like new. Don’t get me wrong i messed around with this for about 20 hours in total as i had readings saying everything worked at switch when it did not. This site helped me achieve what i did. If i can be any help to anyone more than happy to help. By the way i had code U2002. Also i had the letter E flashing up on dash where it shows what gear you are in when u start the car up but this only showed for a second...

Post #21999727th Jan 2021 9:58 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >