DISCO3.CO.UK > Maintenance & Mods (D3)

Is my D3 Remapped?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Bradder3

United Kingdom 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Tonga GreenDiscovery 3
Is my D3 Remapped?

Evening all.
I have been fiddling with the Disco this last week, using tips from this fab group.
Firstly I discovered that my 2007 D3 HSE doesn't like supermarket diesel, however with a dash of Redex, she performs so much smoother. Yet to try a premium diesel from the pump, as my wallet screams every time i drive into a garage as it is.
Second discovery (thanks to this site) was to clean my MAP sensor. Took 5 minutes and again totally transformed the performance (it was proper gunked up).
I have been toying with the idea of getting the disco remapped, and blanking the EGRs (being a 2007, I realised i would probably need a patch).
Today I thought i would inspect the EGRs to see if they were fouled with gunk, and to my surprise they have already been blanked off. Annoyingly the pipes have also been removed, so hopefully Mr MOT man wont ever take the engine cover off.
This leads me to my actual question...which is....is there any way of telling if my car has already been remapped? Its surprisingly nippy for a 3ton block, but having never driven another auto D3, I am not sure what to expect out of the box.
I have an AUTEL AP200 OBD11 gadget...is there any live data i can view on there that would indicate that the engine has been fiddled with?

Post #227843411th Feb 2022 8:04 pm
PROFSR G

Ukraine 2009 Discovery 3 TDV6 Commercial XS Auto Stornoway GreyDiscovery 3

Is your EML on, and are the EGR connectors still plugged into the EGR's?
 yµ (idµ - eAµ) ψ=mψ

Post #227843711th Feb 2022 8:17 pm
Bradder3

United Kingdom 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Tonga GreenDiscovery 3

No EML light. EGRs are blanked both end with hoses removed (so blanked at EGR and butterfly housing, and butterfly is removed too)

Post #227843811th Feb 2022 8:27 pm
PROFSR G

Ukraine 2009 Discovery 3 TDV6 Commercial XS Auto Stornoway GreyDiscovery 3

It sounds like there's at least a patch fitted, sometimes they disconnect the plugs from the EGR's which would be a dead giveaway, but not always done that way. You might have a "trick box" fitted to boost the power, if so it will be attached to the fuel rail pressure sensor via a splice connector. The box might be stored in the aux battery box where the ABS pump lives, or somewhere under the engine cover.

Its about the size of a 10 pack of cigs or even smaller if it's fitted. Thumbs Up
 yµ (idµ - eAµ) ψ=mψ

Post #227844411th Feb 2022 9:27 pm
Asa

United Kingdom 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Zermatt SilverDiscovery 3

I found driving a remapped blanked off Disco 3 (set on General Driving Mode) that belonged to someone else felt like my car driving whilst in Sand mode?

I thought at first it was on Sand Mode at first then was told it had been remapped?

I did not try the remapped car in Sand Mode but presume it went faster with obviously the driver aids then disabled in that mode.

Hope that helps determine what you may have?

Post #227850712th Feb 2022 12:31 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >