Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > Australia & New Zealand

Hayman Reese hitch receiver
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
evan

Australia 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 Base 5 Seat Auto Arctic FrostDiscovery 3
Hayman Reese hitch receiver

I recently got a copy of Hayman Reese's brochure for their new hitch receiver for the Discovery 3. They call it model R2387. It is hard from the photos in the brochure to tell how high or low it sits. In one picture it looks as though it might sit as low as the original Discovery receiver.

When I emailled HR I couldn't get a clear answer.

I would be interested in hearing from any one who has got one or seen one on the road.

Cheers

Post #26133019th Feb 2008 1:08 pm
RLD
Uncle Ray 

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Auto Zambezi SilverDiscovery 3

Its a dream the Disco3 will be long gone when this hitch is done Whistle
 Home of RLD Hidden winch mounts Spare wheel Locks Trailer Body Fabrication [email protected] D3/4 sump plates MY 14 sump plates and the Discovery Sport wheel protectors Discovery 5 wheel locks
more Helsport tents and other things for camping Law of Mechanical Repair:
"After your hands are coated with grease, your nose will begin to itch and you'll have to pee!" 

Post #26134219th Feb 2008 1:41 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
IanR

Australia 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 S Auto Chawton WhiteDiscovery 3

The HR hitch receiver is designed for on road van towing and is not really suitable for off-road use.

Have a look at the 20 odd pages of the following post and then put in an order for the Mitchell Bros receiver (I have)

http://www.disco3.co.uk/forum/post148915.html#148915
 'S' TDV6, Air suspension, Terrain Response, Active rear diff, Safari Snorkel, Opposite Lock rear wheel carrier, OL drawer system, Cargo Barrier, Dual batteries with Rotronics isolator, GME 3440 UHF. Codan NGT HF, Asus UMPC running TrackRanger. Cooper LT245/70R17 STTs when off-road. Tow Ultimate off-road camper.  
Post #26170520th Feb 2008 3:45 am
simon_arch1

Australia 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Auto Buckingham BlueDiscovery 3

Evan - I got a couple of pics from HR when we were trying to get them to develop a proper hitch for us...

http://www.disco3.co.uk/gallery/displayima...&pos=8
- this shows the one they did release to market, and yes, this is a touring hitch, for owners whose main requirement is to tow larger vans with weight distribution hitches etc...

cheers,

Simon
 D3 - Buckingham Blue, SE, TDV6, 06 model; chipped; underbody armour; Mickey Thompson ATZ 275/65-18 AND MAXXIS Bighorn muddies; rear wheel carrier from 4x4intelligence.com; iPOD aux connection! GME 3200 UHF - aerial mounted on wheel carrier Smile; LR roof rails/cross bars; Autosafe cargo barrier, Safari Snorkel; Traxide - aux battery; ARB bull bar with Tigerz11 winch; Lightforce 240 XGT driving lights (mitchell bros tow hitch to come)  
Post #26215221st Feb 2008 6:32 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
gadget photoman

Australia 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Auto Arctic FrostDiscovery 3
My new tow hitch

I tow an off road ultimate trailer. Hayman R made me a hitch from the Dandenong branch to go into the existing Hitch point (plough Point) and it allows me to lift the tow point of the trailer up about 200mm from the tow hitch position supplied by land rover. It is a little loose and it was the first protype they had made. It does the job very well a little loose in the housing and they have to make the mar out of solid steel after making up a mould. They were very good about it all. Am still trying to work out how to attach photos of the hitch for all to see Thumbs Up
 Still have fully set up disco2 have emotional problem getting ride of it as it owes me lots of money from repairs. Purchased disco3 in march 07 Have bagan setting it up with front & rear bars long range tank snorket warn winch ipf lights tyre dog HF radio and CB also Sat phone Tows ultimate off road trailer. Australia is a big & beautiful country.  
Post #26401025th Feb 2008 12:30 pm
wacc

Australia 2008 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Auto Alaska WhiteDiscovery 3

I have been using a Hayman Reece load leveler hitch on my Disco 1. I know you cannot use the load leveler bars on the Disco 3 but can I still use the adjustable hitch.

Bill C

Post #26440126th Feb 2008 1:49 am
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >