Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > Australia & New Zealand

All Credits to Lance Dixon Doncaster
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Andy V6SE

Australia 
All Credits to Lance Dixon Doncaster

My MY05 Disco had a faulty timing belt that made annoying squeak noise and was replaced under warranty last year. However, the squeak noise came back after 6000km and I thought to have it sort out in the next service.

However the noise suddenly got a lot worse while I was preparing the car for the Sydney trip, which we'll depart in less than 48 hours. I decided to try my luck and rang Lance Dixon (the nearest dealer and where I bought it from) to see if they can squeeze me in for a repair. Initially I was told they are booked out for the week but after I expressed my urgency, they agreed to have a look on the problem. After 10min testing with one of the technician they decided the car was not fit to go on the 2000+km trip.

They booked me in for an emergency repair which include replacing the belt and promised it should be ready later the next day. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

I would like to thank them for what they did! Especially to Stephen. Thumbs Up Thumbs Up Thumbs Up

Now waiting to get the car back.

It's not the first time they offered such wonderful service! My previous car, an Alfa Romeo was a troublesome child, lots small niggles but Lance Dixon did a lot of work for it, the best part, I have never paid one cent for what other car companies considered as extra work! (or they simply tell you to live with it, the problems won't cause the car to stop running or damage Evil or Very Mad )

Post #2558756th Feb 2008 2:59 pm
drivesafe

Australia 

It’s nice to see they can look after some customers.

So this would make it one thumbs up for Dixons and one thumbs down for them.

See the link and make your own mind up on just how good this dealership really is.

http://www.disco3.co.uk/forum/post256015.html#256015
 2008 TDV8 RR Lux + 2009 D4 2.7  
Post #2560196th Feb 2008 9:16 pm
Andy V6SE

Australia 

Hi Drivesafe,

yes, I must admit all sales people are a bit shxt.

I guess I had a bit luck when buying my D3. It was when LR started advertising the driveaway price for V6 petrol SE D3 in late 2005/early 2006. Went to Lance Dixon and they were more than happy to get rid off their old stock, so I got some extra accessories include 19" rims and rear air-con, plus a few hundred $$$ discount. The only down side is the car was built in Jan 2005. The car was delivered with 40km on it.

Lance Dixon service department is always helpful in my opinion since my Alfa received so much help. I hope they have improved after your experience and now looking after all their customers.

It's good to have this site for everyone to express their opinion!

Post #2561377th Feb 2008 12:12 am
White Disco

Australia 

Andy I enquired with LD about buying at the same time as you. They did not seem helpful; even disinterested.
So I drifted away and bought elsewhere.
They did do a good job fixing/replacing my compressor under warranty. Thumbs Up Had the D3 fixed & ready within 4 hours of it being towed away. Bow down Thumbs Up
 Did you think I would leave you crying,
When there's room in my D3 for 7,
Climb in here Joe we'll soon be flying,
I can go just as fast with 7.

2005 TDV6 S with Terrain Response (& all that entails), Tasmods (gorn). 2008 TDV6 HSE (gone). A Dark Side umbrella (here) & car (here).

Volkswagen Golf (SWMBO's)
Datsun Insult (SWTSMBOBIO22SHOMSAH)
Datsun Insult (SWTSMBOBIO19SHOMSAH)

4 BMW's (Stents, not the silly cars)

Formerly RED DISCO 

Post #2561627th Feb 2008 2:14 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
drivesafe

Australia 

Just a quick update, a registered parcel arrived this morning, a set of number plates. Whistle

OH the power of the internet and in particular, the power of this site this site. Wink
Post #25824611th Feb 2008 10:46 pm
simon_arch1

Australia 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Auto Buckingham BlueDiscovery 3

Drivesafe - why - what new plates?

Simon
 D3 - Buckingham Blue, SE, TDV6, 06 model; chipped; underbody armour; Mickey Thompson ATZ 275/65-18 AND MAXXIS Bighorn muddies; rear wheel carrier from 4x4intelligence.com; iPOD aux connection! GME 3200 UHF - aerial mounted on wheel carrier Smile; LR roof rails/cross bars; Autosafe cargo barrier, Safari Snorkel; Traxide - aux battery; ARB bull bar with Tigerz11 winch; Lightforce 240 XGT driving lights (mitchell bros tow hitch to come)  
Post #25830312th Feb 2008 5:31 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
drivesafe

Australia 

G’day Simon, they only took 2 months to return what they were supposed to return in two days.

Anyway, even though I ended buying some new Personal Plates, I can always use these on something else at some other time.

Cheers.
Post #25830412th Feb 2008 6:00 am
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >