Advertise on DISCO3.CO.UK
Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > Technical (D3)

New owner looking for help and advice.
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Turbochild

United Kingdom 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 Base 7 Seat Manual Buckingham BlueDiscovery 3
New owner looking for help and advice.

I recently bought a manual discovery 3 but it has a few niggles and was looking for some advice.

First one is an amber warning light on parking brake.
Symptoms everything seems to work with no nasty noises and it passed an mot. I was told but not had it confirmed although the right side fully releases it does not release as far as the left side and there for puts the amber warning light on. Anyone with advice on how to sort this would be most appreciated.

Air suspension light.
I can not set the height from in the cab. There is reciepts for all new parts but again was told the parts are ok so it must be wiring? Does this sound true? And is there an easy fix?

The drivers door lock

This works and both locks and unlocks while driving or from the dash but not the key. There is no issue locking the other doors until I try the drivers door the door opens and the alarm goes off then if I open the car to switch the alarm off I cannot lock anything the horn beeps once instead. The only way round this is to lock the drivers door from inside get out and lock the other doors via the key. This is annoying and I was wondering if anyone could offer any advice on parts or a fix.

Thanks for any help solutions offered in advance. Also I am from Blackpool Lancashire so anyone local with advice on where to go for repairs would also be appreciated. Thanks Shane.

Post #202172024th Jan 2019 12:54 am
PROFSR G

Ukraine 2009 Discovery 3 TDV6 Commercial XS Auto Stornoway GreyDiscovery 3

Hi Shane, and welcome to the nuthouse!

Really the best advice right now might be to invest a little bit more, and get yourself a dedicated LR diagnostic kit. If you're going to run one of these beasts you will simply have to bite that bullet sooner rather than later. GAP IID Bluetooth is highly regarded on here, and will pay for itself very quickly.

Its otherwise a guessing game as to what is causing the faults, guessing can be costly with such a complex machine! Some people end up throwing parts and pulling hair til they eventually learn the hard way!
Don't get me wrong, its a fantastic car, and one you will hopefully have many years of enjoyable miles.

But make no mistake, you need your own diagnostic kit as faults can often be a regular occurrence.
Even so, once sorted she'll settle down and all will be well, just like an incontinent kitten Very Happy
 yµ (idµ - eAµ) ψ=mψ

Post #202172724th Jan 2019 2:46 am
Turbochild

United Kingdom 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 Base 7 Seat Manual Buckingham BlueDiscovery 3

Thanks for the advice I will go google them diagnostic tools thanks but not sure the door lock would show up would it?

Post #202204424th Jan 2019 10:32 pm
PROFSR G

Ukraine 2009 Discovery 3 TDV6 Commercial XS Auto Stornoway GreyDiscovery 3

Yes, pretty much every component is on the network!
 yµ (idµ - eAµ) ψ=mψ

Post #202204824th Jan 2019 10:37 pm
Turbochild

Have you any recommendations on where to get one?

Post #202205424th Jan 2019 10:50 pm
Narpy

2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 S Manual Cairns BlueDiscovery 3

If you're based at Blackpool you want to send forum member Flack a PM.
He's the northwest resident mobile guru for all things D3, offers a mobile service inclu diagnostic testing and even better, he's practically next door at Freckleton.
He should be your first port of call and will be able to help with all your current D3 issues.
 Mods:
Front Fogs + Halos
FBH Remote Control
The 1st Ever RRS Modded Grill
Garmin Nuvi + D4 Surround + Reversing Camera.
D4 Steering Wheel.
Rear Boot Spoiler.
Twin Brake Lights.
Wing Mirror Indicator Repeaters.
Long Roof Rails
Make your own Narpy grill thread
I'm not scared, I'm outta here. 

Post #202206924th Jan 2019 11:20 pm
Turbochild

Thanks mate. I will give it a go at trying to find him on here

Post #202207324th Jan 2019 11:27 pm
Sea Raider

https://www.disco3.co.uk/forum/member-flack.html

Post #202207424th Jan 2019 11:30 pm
Turbochild

Thanks if all went to plan he now has a pm 😂

Post #202207924th Jan 2019 11:42 pm
Turbochild

Narpy wrote:
If you're based at Blackpool you want to send forum member Flack a PM.
He's the northwest resident mobile guru for all things D3, offers a mobile service inclu diagnostic testing and even better, he's practically next door at Freckleton.
He should be your first port of call and will be able to help with all your current D3 issues.

I contacted Flack as suggested. He truelly is a nice guy I also took a mate who got his codes read as well. I am not gonna lie it was a little daugnting seeing all the codes that come up Rolling Eyes

It appears I need a new door lock and it is the wiring on the suspension causing the problem but while I was there I learnt my fuel burning heater was not working but is now and I also learnt how to get rid of the amber light on the handbrake which was a relief as I really did not want to replace the clutch.

Thanks for the point in the right direction now hopefully I can get the other issues sorted starting with the door lock.

Post #202283027th Jan 2019 5:26 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >