Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > Maintenance & Mods (D3)

DAB and Bluetooth Option
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
AL_P

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 4.4 V8 HSE Auto Bonatti GreyDiscovery 3
DAB and Bluetooth Option

So been on this forum a while and frequently see posts regarding DAB or Phone Bluetooth option so thought I would share my set up.

I have fitted a Pure DAB unit to the car. The receiver fits to the windscreen and I ran the wires behind the roof lining and down the post to power the main unit.

I ran the phone microphone along the roof lining to beside the mirror

I then ran the headphone lead under the centre console to the Aux input in the back.

I then stuck the control unit, which is removable, to the dash to control the radio. I switch the Land Rover radio to Aux and I can control the DAB unit directly.

I now have DAB Radio, Spotify or Bluetooth Music from my iPhone and Bluetooth calling.

Just wanted to share my set up to give others a further option who like me were frustrated at the complex task of upgrading the Land Rover Head unit
 BT Gap IID  
Post #196876729th Jul 2018 7:59 pm
Sea Raider

Thumbs Up Thumbs Up

I bought the Pure 600 last year for my Discovery 3 SE as I fancied the DAB part.
Bought it from Halfords and decided to fit myself as I wanted to hid all the cables.

The first unit worked well for all of 2 days and I have to say I was more that happy with it, however on day 3, I couldn't get it to connect with the aerial and no amount of faffing about with it could get it to work.
I returned to the branch and the 'Fitter' played with it for half an hour (he had to read the instructions to find out how to pair it etc).
He thereafter tried swapping out the head unit for another one and when that didn't work, swapped the aerial and again, no joy.
He contacted the Pure helpline who advised him to refund my money and return all the units they had in stock.
Refunded my £150 and promised to contact me if they could get to the bottom of things, never heard another thing.
I eventually fitted a Parrot and play Absolute radio from my phone thru the parrot.

Hope you don't have any problem with it, I did like it but just couldn't get it to work. I see Halfords don't stock it any more

Post #196877329th Jul 2018 8:12 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >