Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > Technical (D3)

Another cruise fault :)
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
paulb_d3

2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 S Manual Bonatti GreyDiscovery 3
Another cruise fault :)

Hi Folks, I'm new to the Disco 3 world , only had it a month or so a basic S model 05' plate and slowly working my way through the typical problems. I've been lurking on the forum a few weeks now to sort out a few issues Bow down big thanks and trying my best to keep it diy as it only cost me £2.5k Smile. Having done many a search on here I'm totally confused about my cruise problem.

Been intermittent now its totally dead. Checked fuses and all OK and all buttons on stereo side work so guessing clock spring is ok ? Will be pulling airbag tomorrow to check wiring but, this is the weird bit If I plug in the ID suspension tool and use the CC buttons to navigate it all seems fine so this makes me think wires and cc switches are ok Big Cry could it be the brake light switch but again brake lights seem to work.

Still got the dreaded front diff to sort hence the cheap purchase price so i'd rather spend cash on that than chuck money at the dealers for cc fix.

Cheers in advance Thumbs Up

Post #195567720th Jun 2018 9:34 pm
XDAndy

United Kingdom 2011 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 XS Auto Nara BronzeDiscovery 4

Mine had a broken wire in the steering wheel harness.

I’ve got a write up and pics somewhere here.

Basically, if it’s not the wiring connections in the steering wheel (there was an LR recall on this, can’t remember the number, but affected airbags ...q045 maybe?) then the clockspring is another suspect.

Worth checking all the connections with a multimeter when you do pull the airbag.

But then I guess there are a million other potential causes?

Does your ID suspension tool happen to reset the fault codes blindly? Just, our Qashqai wouldn’t work on cruise control even thought everything else seemed fine. Turns out there were stored ECU fault codes, but the car itself didn’t report any issues although it was enough for the car to block the cruise control from being used until the codes were reset.

Wonder if LR does the same, in which case, can you get your cod3s read?

Post #195570520th Jun 2018 11:05 pm
Mogwyth

Wales 2005 Discovery 3 4.4 V8 HSE Auto Zambezi SilverDiscovery 3

I had the same issue was indeed the switch loom in the steering wheel. Part no. QTV500020
 ==================================
05 D3 HSE V8 4.4
04 MG TF 135
03 MG TF 115 Cool Blue Edition
02 MG TF 160
00 Hymer B564 Lionheart
1971 Series III 109

Post #195570820th Jun 2018 11:40 pm
paulb_d3

Cheers folks that’s what i was thinking too gonna pull it today and see if it’s an easy fix if not loom on order Thumbs Up condenser to do today Big Cry

Post #195572721st Jun 2018 8:28 am
paulb_d3

XDAndy wrote:
Mine had a broken wire in the steering wheel harness.

I’ve got a write up and pics somewhere here.

Basically, if it’s not the wiring connections in the steering wheel (there was an LR recall on this, can’t remember the number, but affected airbags ...q045 maybe?) then the clockspring is another suspect.

Worth checking all the connections with a multimeter when you do pull the airbag.

But then I guess there are a million other potential causes?

Does your ID suspension tool happen to reset the fault codes blindly? Just, our Qashqai wouldn’t work on cruise control even thought everything else seemed fine. Turns out there were stored ECU fault codes, but the car itself didn’t report any issues although it was enough for the car to block the cruise control from being used until the codes were reset.

Wonder if LR does the same, in which case, can you get your cod3s read?

Cheers , yip Id tool works spot on and resets faults as replaced and calibrated height sensors last week hence why I thought wires would’ve been fine well today will either be success or failure I’m going for the latter Confused

Post #195572821st Jun 2018 8:34 am
paulb_d3

Job, done Thumbs Up was a trapped wire , not broken but slightly pulling. Also removed harness and cleaned with contact electrical cleaner jobs a good un very pleased Mr. Green how nervous though when pulling the air bag. Bought some 4 mm round steel and made my own pulling tool princely sum of £1.99 Laughing

Next job this week condenser then brake hoses and discs .

Thanks again folks .
Paul

Post #195575221st Jun 2018 10:17 am
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >