Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > Technical (D3)

All I did was change the battery... Limp mode & more
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Harry365

United Kingdom 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 XS Auto Zermatt SilverDiscovery 3
All I did was change the battery... Limp mode & more

Swapped out my battery today for another Exide. Old one was 4 years and been worked hard.

After starting, very rough idle and wouldn't hold revs. Fuel pressure fluctuating as low as 2800psi (correlation not causation I guess)

Stalled a couple of times. Went for a drive and throttle is barely responsive till 1500rpm then she flies and *bangs* into 2nd. Diff lock partially locked. Limp mode, with the usual error messages, F on trans, suspension lowered etc. Cycle ignition, clear faults and the it starts all over again.

Two faults I managed to catch before they all flagged due to stalling were
U0401-68
U0100-87

Going for a hard reset now. Just making sure the vehicle is definitely asleep before going d/c. Hopefully solves.

I calibrated steering angle and transfer box as this has caused problems before but didn't change anything.

I also have water in fuel message but I don't have a sensor. The wires where the sensor used to be could be shorting. Will check now but afaik this is an FYI fault and is inconsequential??

Thanks

Post #23554339th Dec 2023 9:14 pm
Harry365

After a 'hard reset', without having started the engine, I am getting only one fault which is U0401-68 invalid data received from engine control module/powertrain control module.

F on the trans, limited gears available, persists even after fault clear and ignition cycle. Starting the engine brings the rest of the hdc failures into play. Rough idle seems to have gone, at least for as long as it's taken me to write this.

I will check to see if I nudged any of the connections when I took the battery out. There's only so many bloody variables here.

Post #23554479th Dec 2023 10:22 pm
Flack

England 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 XS Auto Stornoway GreyDiscovery 3

Check the connections on the 4x4 unit behind the battery, unplug and check them, then fill them electrical contact cleaner and then WD40, also check the main PCM plug's and sockets while you are there.

Flack Thumbs Up

Post #235546010th Dec 2023 10:24 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Harry365

Thanks mate.

I seem to have sorted it just by persistently resetting vehicle, iid & power leads, clearing faults and restarting the vehicle. Went for a 20 mile drive last night and all fine.

Driving to Croatia on Tuesday so was not a great evening for me Laughing

I did check the connectors, reconnected a lot of them. The body was off a year ago and that whole area behind the battery got a lot of love so thought it unlikely.

All I can think is that I disconnected the battery originally without waiting for sleep. I must admit, I didn't actually specifically wait however I am sure some time had passed but maybe not.

Post #235546110th Dec 2023 10:34 am
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >