Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > Technical (D3)

C1A00 code after ride height calibrate
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
mulgrewgrew

United Kingdom 
C1A00 code after ride height calibrate

Hi, new member here, owned my D3 for almost a year and love it so far, warts and all.

Vehicle has had an intermittent yellow suspension warning light for quite some time. I'm aware of this one - it's happening because suspension is having to rectify itself too much during driving, i.e. there is a problem somewhere.

This week I bought an Autophix 7310 which claims to do most of the JLR diagnostic/config stuff one might want (without spending full price on the IID tool).

I messed around with it, went to suspension calibration to see what it was all about. It told me "front and rear cross link valves fully open", after which I thought oops, let's cancel out of this, don't want to break anything... but it seems to have been too late, because I now have a red warning light and absolutely nothing will clear it.

The fault code is "C1A00 control module"

I suppose something needs fixing, but it is a little annoying that a supposedly JLR-specific diagnostic tool (which I am probably going to return) can turn a yellow fault into a red one and not offer much more info than "C1A00 control module"

Possibly useful information: The suspension deflate option on the tool still works, however when I use the 'return to normal' option in the tool, it tells me it succeeded while it in fact did not - it stays bottomed out. Bizarrely, the car will still fix itself while driving, i.e. the suspension will self-right and works normally when I get going. However the suspension height switch is now non-functional, no doubt due to the red warning error.

I've seen some comments saying that disconnecting the battery (or a fuse?) for a while might get rid of the red fault light. I'll try that when the lashing rain stops.

Any other thoughts or input appreciated.

Thanks!

It's a 2007 2.7 TD model

Post #23554279th Dec 2023 7:01 pm
VMatas

Poland 

Your car still is in calibration mode. You need switch it off.
 With a better offroad vehicle you will have a longer way to go for tractor Smile
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xaLmagAcqlA
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RyGkMBJIARY 

Post #235546610th Dec 2023 11:43 am
Admirable

Ukraine 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 XS Auto Zermatt SilverDiscovery 3

Air suspension deflation exit routine:

Key on and engine off.

Key off.

Press and release raise switch.

Press and release Lower switch.

Key on and engine off.

Key on and engine running.

Press and release raise switch twice.

Press and release lower switch twice.

Post #235547010th Dec 2023 12:19 pm
DN
D3 Decade 

Ukraine 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 Base 7 Seat Auto Zambezi SilverDiscovery 3

When mine had the yellow suspension light, and fault message, it was a faulty height sensor, giving spikes in the readings during its travel when driving. This could be seen on a graph using my IID tool, which also told me which height sensor was faulty. Once that was ascertained it was an easy fix (appropriate height sensor replacement and calibration). I’m afraid you may need to spend the extra on an IID tool if you want to sort this yourself. Thumbs Up
 D3 owned from new, P017 brake recall, BAS FBHIC, new FBH, LR013487 oil pump, new water pump. RRS front lower suspension arms. New suspension compressor/ relay. New Denso alternator. CuNifer rear brake pipes. New GKN rear propshaft. New HPFP belt & tensioner. New A/C Condenser.NO WARRANTY for many many years.  
Post #235547110th Dec 2023 12:34 pm
mulgrewgrew

United Kingdom 

FIXED!

I did indeed hope it was merely case of taking it out of calibration mode, but had no clue how to do that and was assuming the worst.

Turns out all I needed to do was complete all the steps in the suspension calibration section. I would have thought it would take itself out of calibration mode when you Esc out of it, but seemingly not - the only way out is forwards.

Incidentally (and thankfully), the calibration failed, presumably because the vehicle is parked on an obvious slant and I was only really performing the calibration as a last ditch effort to see what happens next. Result: Red warning light gone.

Last edited by mulgrewgrew on 10th Dec 2023 2:29 pm. Edited 1 time in total 
Post #235548310th Dec 2023 2:25 pm
mulgrewgrew

United Kingdom 

Admirable wrote:
Air suspension deflation exit routine:

Key on and engine off.

Key off.

Press and release Lower switch.

Key on and engine off.

Key on and engine running.

Press and release raise switch twice.

Press and release lower switch twice.

Was this a serious suggestion or a joke to make me try random button pressing on the car? It seems very hocus pocus!

That being said, I did try it and on the first go I got a message on the dashboard saying "suspension in extended mode" and something about lowering it, but nothing seemed to happen or change after that. I tried a second/third/fourth/fifth time and got no result at all.

Thankfully I managed to idiot my way through the menus on the diagnostic machine and the red light is now off. Very Happy

Post #235548410th Dec 2023 2:29 pm
mulgrewgrew

United Kingdom 

DN wrote:
When mine had the yellow suspension light, and fault message, it was a faulty height sensor, giving spikes in the readings during its travel when driving. This could be seen on a graph using my IID tool, which also told me which height sensor was faulty. Once that was ascertained it was an easy fix (appropriate height sensor replacement and calibration). I’m afraid you may need to spend the extra on an IID tool if you want to sort this yourself. Thumbs Up

My cheaper tool has a datastream which shows the realtime suspension height, but not a graph as far as I can see. The only graph I've pulled up so far is one for battery voltage. On closer inspection it does provide a fairly good amount of info so for £120 I might hold onto it for now, or least take some time to evaluate it while it's still within the 60 day returns window.

Post #235548610th Dec 2023 2:38 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >