DISCO3.CO.UK > General

Gearbox issue
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Morepower

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Zambezi SilverDiscovery 3
Gearbox issue

Hi all

I don’t think my auto box is changing into 6th gear, I can change it in manually and it stays there until the speed drops then it doesn’t change up again.

Is this a known fault? Anyone got any ideas? The car is under warranty so I’m not to bothered, was just wondering what it could be?
Also I can’t pair my phone, I get the message no phone fitted, there are steering wheel buttons and the configuration menu says it has got Bluetooth, is there anyway of accessing the in car blue tooth to check it’s working? (My other half freelander2 has this option on the radio screen)

Cheers guys

Graham

Post #186755911th Oct 2017 6:24 pm
Morepower

Anyone?

Post #186792312th Oct 2017 7:13 pm
kajtzu

Finland 2005 Discovery 3 4.4 V8 HSE Auto Cairns BlueDiscovery 3
Re: Gearbox issue

Morepower wrote:
Hi all

I don’t think my auto box is changing into 6th gear, I can change it in manually and it stays there until the speed drops then it doesn’t change up again.

Is this a known fault? Anyone got any ideas? The car is under warranty so I’m not to bothered, was just wondering what it could be?
Also I can’t pair my phone, I get the message no phone fitted, there are steering wheel buttons and the configuration menu says it has got Bluetooth, is there anyway of accessing the in car blue tooth to check it’s working? (My other half freelander2 has this option on the radio screen)

Cheers guys

Graham

Is it fair to assume that you have tried scanning with your phone? Did you see one named LAND ROVER?

What configuration menu are you referring to? If you have a OBD2 tool such as IID you can probe the presence of subsystems and the BT module should show up, too, with serial numbers and other details. (it’s been a while since I did this)

Regarding transmission, IID might show some codes under PCM (Powertrain Control Module). If you have the warranty it might be smart to get someone to look at it Smile

Post #186792912th Oct 2017 7:27 pm
mz mini

United Kingdom 2013 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 XS Auto Siberian SilverDiscovery 4

Hi Morepower mine does not always go into 6th until around 60MPH and the box will adapt to your driving style hope this helps
Thumbs Up
 Land Rover 90 - deceased Sad
Discovery 3 - deceased Sad
Discovery 4 2013
Mini Cooper S 1964 Mk1 - International Rally winner red & white
Mini Cooper s 1964 Mk1 - Road Rally champion green & white
Mini Cooper S 1971 Mk3 - original and unrestored Smile
Porsche 911 997
Porsche Boxster 3.4S
VW Polo 1.2
Citroen Xsara Picasso - shed/run around 

Post #186793112th Oct 2017 7:31 pm
Morepower

Thanks guys, iid tool turned up today ( thanks Dan) so I’ll be having a play tomorrow 😱 the phone doesn’t find ‘LandRover’ and the display says ‘no phone fitted’ which makes me think it’s either the Bluetooth module or something unplugged?

The iid will reveal all (I hope) will it enable me to reset the gearbox so it can learn from scratch?

Thanks for your thought guys Thumbs Up

Post #186815113th Oct 2017 4:19 pm
kajtzu

Finland 2005 Discovery 3 4.4 V8 HSE Auto Cairns BlueDiscovery 3

The IID will let you do that. I would strongly suggest that you read the manual cover to cover if you’ve never used it before. Thumbs Up Thumbs Up Thumbs Up

Regarding BT - on a D4 the message is similar “phone not found” if there isn’t a phone it recognizes in range..... my D3 doesn’t have BT and it does say “phone not fitted”, similar to yours, when pressing the phone button on the stereo unit.

Since the factory installed unit is part of the MOST bus (an optical ring where subsystems are connected to eachother with multimode fibers, 850 nm wavelength) if it would not be powered on, the fiber ring would not work either and you’d notice it as there would be no audio. The LR aftermarket unit is NOT part of the MOST bus but it wouldn’t show up as “LANDROVER” but something else, “FORD AUDIO” I believe. D3 in car electronics forum will help you out, plenty of threads on both modules. Thumbs Up

Post #186816313th Oct 2017 5:00 pm
Morepower

Well I iid the disco today, cleared 000’s of faults checked and activated the fbh Thumbs Up and reset the gearbox which seems to be ok now, still can’t get the damn phone to work though, the iid says its there and working, I tried turning it of and then on again, no joy, what do you guys think of a Bluetooth Ecu reset, it says it takes 41 mins and haven’t got time today. Is this a big step for a novice with iid tool? Sad

Cheers

Post #186864115th Oct 2017 10:23 am
Morepower

Panic over Laughing the disco has a dab radio unit fitted (tunes into the radio frequency) and the phone is also connected through this, just had to pair it and jobs a good un Thumbs Up

Post #186870015th Oct 2017 3:25 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >