Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > Technical (D4)

Tpms fault
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 2 12>
stephenw46

United Kingdom 2014 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 XS Auto Corris GreyDiscovery 4
Tpms fault

Any advice with this issue please I have put 20" wheels on I have put new tpms valves in drov the car tpms fault I have plugged in my Bt tool no faults valves have been checked at quick fit all ok this only happened when I took the 19" wheels off & put these on any advise would be appreciated or I'll have to turn them off

Post #184665912th Aug 2017 6:12 pm
markate

2016 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Aintree GreenDiscovery 4

Are you sure you're using the latest style TPMS valves, there are two different versions and the older ones don't work with the latest vehicles.
Usually takes mine about 15 miles or 20 minutes to recognise I've changed wheels and TPMS valves when I got from 19 inch winter to 20 inch summer, both with original LR TPMS valves.

Post #184669412th Aug 2017 7:58 pm
stephenw46

I purchased them new from the net and they was the same part number ,do I need to change any settings as it's running on 20" wheels ? it's going into the stealer Monday will see what they say when the driver picks it up and the light comes on

Post #184670212th Aug 2017 8:40 pm
markate

As long as they're compatible the vehicle will pick them up, no need to change any settings. Once when I changed mine over it didn't recognise the change for about 24 hours and then on the next journey it was happy with them.

Post #184672012th Aug 2017 9:40 pm
stephenw46

Quick fit fitted them and used their scanner to check sensors and all was fine but the light came on will go for a drive tomorrow and try again Bow down

Post #184673312th Aug 2017 10:11 pm
stephenw46

Just had a search through the set up on dash it's not showing me tpms any ideas please

Post #184686413th Aug 2017 2:29 pm
markate

TPMS values can only be accessed with the ignition on but without starting the engine.
Think it's under Vehicle Information - scroll through the menu buttons until you reach the bottom one and it should be in there.

Has the vehicle recognised them yet?

Post #184687713th Aug 2017 2:57 pm
stephenw46

Found it in settings but only light or heavy load options plugged in IID Bt tool and that only tells me tpms fitted and spare and undefined 167 but now where to check or set up but light still on

Post #184691613th Aug 2017 5:09 pm
Washwipe

England 

If it were me I'd refit the original wheels just to see if the fault is still there, if it's gone with the original wheels then the fault is with the new TPMS valves. Should not need to make any adjustments to the setup for the different wheels and I wouldn't make any.

Post #184692413th Aug 2017 5:25 pm
discoteca

United Kingdom 2016 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 SE Tech Auto Corris GreyDiscovery 4

As said already you shouldn't need to change anything the car just picks them up, indeed there isn't anything that you can change. But again as already said there are two different TPMS valves available and they aren't interchangeable.

Have a look through some old posts, are the valves you purchased off the net genuine LR? I'm sure there were several posts over the years where copy valves with the same part number, but not genuine LR, simply wouldn't work come what may.

Post #184693113th Aug 2017 5:39 pm
stephenw46

They are genuine Landrover will turn them off and when dealership as done repairs I will get the part number off the dealership and numbers that should be on sensors and check what's on mine and go from there Thumbs Up many thanks

Post #184693713th Aug 2017 5:50 pm
Shaffy

hi stephenw46,

I installed TPMS to my D4 yesterday. and its works fine. i spend 2 days and finally figured. it is not plug n play. if you install new set or change any TP Sensor of the vehicle, you need to calibrate the new TP sensor. this is how TP receiver of the vehicle recognize the new TP sensor is been installed. I use SDD and it has this calibration option. I don't know whether IDII tool has this option. when the calibration process it will ask you to enter the TP sensor Identification No of the Sensor. so i recommend you to write down the sensor ID numbers for specific sides order before you insert to the tires. once the calibration finish you need to keep the vehicle stationary for 15 min ( Not engine running ) after that run the vehicle over 20 Kph for 15 min. when you pass this time your TP sensors will auto detects.

Land Rover use mostly Continental Sensor. Here is where it's located.

Last edited by Shaffy on 25th Sep 2017 7:27 pm. Edited 1 time in total 
Post #18549406th Sep 2017 10:48 pm
al cope

England 

^^ no you dont need to calibrate. I have probabaly changed my wheel type more times than most folks on here. There are TPMS valves out there that have the right part numbers on them, and an extrenal scanner will pick them up, but your car wont. I too tried manually putting the sensor ID's into the car, worked for about 3 miles then stopped working again.These tend to be chinese copies. If you have genuine LR TPMS valves the car will auto detect after a mile or two of driving you dont need to configure at all.

I got caught with the copies on my last D4. Eventually took them out, replced with known genuine, all worked fine without any configuration.

to prove a point, if you want I can lend you one on my 19's with tmps fitted and you can see if the car picks that up automatically.

Al
 Volvo XC90 B5 Plus Dark
Gone - MY18 D5 HSE - Corris on 22's with Black Pack
Now gone - MY16 D4 SE Tech, Loire Blue, Almond Leather, Privacy, plus some other goodies.
Old - MY12 D4 SDV6 XS Auto - Ipanema Sand with Almond Leather - Plus other niceties, and D4.com sticker
Older - D3 TDV6 XS Auto - Lugano Teal with Almond Leather, 20" Stormers, Shiny Tailpipes, DVD/TV - and obligatory D3 sticker
Ancient - D3 TDV6 S - Tonga with Ebony, 20" Stormers, satnav & DVD 

Post #18549917th Sep 2017 8:31 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Shaffy

Hi Al,

You sounds well experienced on this matter and you may be right. i am afraid now because I purchased my sensors on ebay and it said sensors are new and genuine. but those are used. also it doesn't looks copies to me. here i have post the link and a picture of it. please correct me if i am wrong.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Landrover-Evoke-Di...2749.l2649

after various ccf configs mine did not pickup at all. every time i ran over 15 minutes it kept saying TPMS fault. finally it worked only after I did the calibration using Identification Nos. i only ran about 7 km since it shows the measures. so far so good. will give you an update if there is a issue pops up.

when you say genuine sensor picks up the measures without ID calibration wouldn't it pickup another same vehicle sensor parked next to it? my vehicle is a D4 MY16 L319.

Shaffy

Post #18551997th Sep 2017 8:04 pm
stephenw46

It soon won't be a problem original wheels going back on for winter but firstly I am going to get sensor numbers to cross reference them I bought them and they match with what LR parts said and the scanner picks them up but car doesn't so I turned them off for now

Post #18552077th Sep 2017 8:23 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 2 12>
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >