Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > Off Topic - Humour, Rants & Pointless Posts

Royal Mail Parcel Delivery
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 3 123>
heyho

United Kingdom 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Java BlackDiscovery 3
Royal Mail Parcel Delivery

Firstly may I point out that I am differentiating Parcel Delivery totally from the great and unique job our postpeople do.

So I ordered something this week. Get home last night and there's one of those Something for you red cards form Royal MAIL. FIRST RANT - very other courier I know deliveries it to our neighbours. I receive loads from neighbours and I get sent loads of stuff that goes to the neighbours.

So I can pick it up form my local depot the next day. Well mine is over 5 miles away and they have got rid of the customer parking. Oh and the earliest I can go is 8:15. I work!!!!!!!!!!

So I arrange for it to be sent next door. Takes my post code and finds my address. Try the neighbour. No joy. Went on Royal Mail postcode finder. Finds it first time. It is the same as mine. Still the system won't find it so I enter the address manually. Cool. Get an confirmation email it will be delivered in 48 hours.

Just had another email from them saying I am sorry to inform you that the delivery office cannot redeliver your item to the post office you requested, as it may be out of their area or unable to receive these items. Its the next door neighbour and I don't live on a North Yorks hamlet.

So I rearrange. Now the 48 hours means it will be Saturday. Oh and now I don't get the option to delivery to the neighbour. Of course I can pay 50p for the luxury of sending it to me local PO.

Come on Royal Mail Parcel Delivery. Get into the 21st century.

Rant over for now.

Post #18435533rd Aug 2017 9:43 am
Narpy

2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 S Manual Cairns BlueDiscovery 3

Unlucky, wait till you get a red + white card of death AND you're at home.
Postman didn't try delivering the parcel coz he figured there'd be nobody at home so just posted the red + white card instead. He left the parcel at the sorting office. Rolling Eyes
 Mods:
Front Fogs + Halos
FBH Remote Control
The 1st Ever RRS Modded Grill
Garmin Nuvi + D4 Surround + Reversing Camera.
D4 Steering Wheel.
Rear Boot Spoiler.
Twin Brake Lights.
Wing Mirror Indicator Repeaters.
Long Roof Rails
Make your own Narpy grill thread
I'm not scared, I'm outta here. 

Post #18435643rd Aug 2017 10:03 am
Someone-Gone

United Kingdom 

Get used to it. I am sure the ParcelForce and indeed our own Postie go on Black Ops Stealth Courses. You never seen them, you never hear them. Shocked

Maybe our own Special Forces should be seconded to the PO to learn from the real pros? Whistle

You can just see the headlines, "top Isis Terrorist taken out by local Postie" he never stood a chance the PO Press Office said today. Rolling with laughter

Post #18435743rd Aug 2017 10:24 am
RRSTDV8

United Kingdom 

It's a taste of what's to come from your postie when the Tories eventually privatise the Post Office. Big Cry
 Visiting from rrsport.co.uk
2012 RRS SDV6
2008 RRS TDV8
"When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die! You don't know who's children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they were always going to have to do from the very beginning: SIT DOWN AND TALK!" 

Post #18435793rd Aug 2017 10:35 am
Navigator

Location: Stay at Home. One of the lives you save could be your own.

Scotland 2015 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 SE Auto Causeway GreyDiscovery 4

Try getting a Yorkshire Terrier.

My daughter's give the alert when the postman is still two doors away, around the corner and out of sight.

Seriously, you can register details for a permanent arrangement to redirect when absent,
 A vaccine does not stop you catching a virus, or passing it on, or getting ill from it, really ill. It does reduce the likelyhood of you dying when really, really ill. Stay Alive - KEEP AWAY FROM PEOPLE.  
Post #18435853rd Aug 2017 10:50 am
LittleG

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Auto Cairns BlueDiscovery 3

Already sold off for £3.3bn.

Post #18435893rd Aug 2017 10:55 am
bigdave
Site Sponsor 

England 

RRSTDV8 wrote:
It's a taste of what's to come from your postie when the Tories eventually privatise the Post Office. Big Cry

Ooh i just had a crisis!!!!

Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter Thumbs Up
 All things shipping, storage, transport. UK and worldwide.

E-mail info@md-couriers.co.uk 

Post #18435903rd Aug 2017 10:57 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
astonbuilder

England 2012 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 XS Auto Santorini BlackDiscovery 4

most of the delivery services have their Censored days I've found.

Yesterday was Hermes turn. I was in, working in the kitchen back to window that delivery person would have passed to get to front door.

Didn't hear the usual clatter of the letterbox but thought I heard 'something' so looked round to window but couldn't see anything so went into hall and there was a "Sorry I missed you card". Apparently my item was 'safe' in the car-port.....

It was p Censored ing down with rain and the parcel had obviously been chucked over the gate. The first couple of feet behind the gate are not under cover so it was sat in the rain on the floor.

It was a shirt...... Fortunately the sealed poly bag it was in was enough.

Couldn't say the same the last time they left my contact lenses on the door step (and they do fit through the letterbox) and the card box and inner individual boxes of lenses were just a soggy pulp.....

Post #18436053rd Aug 2017 11:29 am
RDR

United Kingdom 2016 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Lux Auto Corris GreyDiscovery 4

We have parcel deliveries virtually every day and like others have had some pretty bad experiences. It's not just down the company but the driver on the round too. Below is my post box , well worth the investment its a parcel drop box so deliveries can be left. We have a note with our signature stuck inside the shoot that most companies will scan as proof of delivery. Had a lot of compliments from delivery guys, our postie even raised it in the delivery office team meeting pointing out how brill it was.

Click image to enlarge
 MY06 S - Gone but not forgotten
MY12 HSE - Gone
MY16 HSE Luxury - Sold
MY20 D5 HSE - Sold
Current RR L460 PHEV 

Post #18436183rd Aug 2017 11:54 am
mick_n3

United Kingdom 2008 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Buckingham BlueDiscovery 3

Narpy wrote:
Unlucky, wait till you get a red + white card of death AND you're at home.
Postman didn't try delivering the parcel coz he figured there'd be nobody at home so just posted the red + white card instead. He left the parcel at the sorting office. Rolling Eyes

Had that a few weeks ago
In all day comes out of kitchen to see card by door no sight of Postie W****** I thought.

Next day of to sorting office give bod behind counter the card and of he goes, 10 minutes later yes 10 minutes he reappears and says, " It' not been scanned back into office so I can't find it can you come back tomorrow" Double W****** I thought.

So next day of I go again you guessed still not been scanned back into office, well where is it has it been lost en-route back or has it been stolen? So I ask for manager he turns up and couldn't give a toss, so I phone customer services, who also couldn't give a toss, said they would call back yep I'm still waiting.

Never have found parcel Oh and as a gesture of goodwill they sent me a cheque for £10 which did cover the cost of goods but not the time I wasted on these bunch of total wasters.
Rant over

M6NIO 

Post #18437313rd Aug 2017 4:17 pm
bobgolden

United Kingdom 2011 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Nara BronzeDiscovery 4

Some courier companies are Censored brilliant.

My missus orders from John Lewis and on a couple of occasions, she's had a message to state that they tried to deliver your item but nobody was at home. Obviously we were, cos they'd sent a previous message saying they were going to try and deliver our package today blah blah.

Anyway, eventually a pattern emerged that the failed deliveries were relatively low value items that were subcontracted to a well known carrier and scheduled to be delivered on either a Saturday and Sunday. So when I eventually met and challenged the sub-sub- contracted courier, who just worked locally with her daughter in a private car, she said "we don't really work Saturday and Sunday" so we just update the system to say we tried.

Typical tell me what you measure me on and I'll meet your targets somehow Sheep Sheep
 2010 MX-5 2.0 Sport Tech PRHT
2019 Suzuki Vitara AllGrip

Gone BMW X5 xDrive 30d M Sport (F15)
Gone Disco 4 HSE SD V6
Gone 2008 Jaguar XF 2.7TD Premium Luxury 

Post #18438844th Aug 2017 12:44 am
James W

United Kingdom 

D4 XS, gone, much loved, never forgotten
2018 FFRR SDV8 Autobiography - Gone to someone with less sense and more time to enjoy it Very Happy
2016 Toyota Hilux Invincible - Liberating experience 

Post #18439304th Aug 2017 8:52 am
Iguana

Ukraine 

Speaking of which, heard the doorbell go this morning at around 6:20am Shocked

By the time I got up and put dressing gown on, looked out the window and saw nothing so went back to bed.

Got a text message at 7:05 to say that my parcel had been delivered and signed for be a "K Thomas" (Never heard of her/him Shocked ). Anyway, got up 7:30 and as I passed the front door I unlocked it to check, and there on the doorstep was my parcel Shocked

So are the drivers now allowed to sign for parcels themselves and leave it on the doorstep? Shocked Shocked

Courier by the way was Parcel force

On the plus side, I now have my door actuator, so hopefully I'll be able to lock my drivers door very soon Laughing
 Iggy/Ieuan

Current LR =
2015 RR Sport Autobiography
&
1992 Land Rover Defender Camper

- Gone but not forgotten:
MY10 D4 GS
MY05 Disco 3 'S'
MY14 FL2 HSE manual in Blue
MY15 Disco 4 HSE Lux in Santorini Black
MY08 Disco 3 SE manual in Buck Blue
1960 Series 2 88" (No idea why I sold it!) 

Post #18439484th Aug 2017 9:35 am
astonbuilder

England 2012 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 XS Auto Santorini BlackDiscovery 4

drivers sign cards with anything they like.......

It is only a problem if it does get nicked which, even in this day and age, seems to happen very infrequently?

Even then I imagine driver can just say" I saw a person on next door drive and they said they were the neighbour and signed for it" - job done

Post #18439534th Aug 2017 9:55 am
Mogwyth

Wales 2005 Discovery 3 4.4 V8 HSE Auto Zambezi SilverDiscovery 3

We have a lot of stuff delivered by courier and Parcel force and have come to the conclusion its more down to the driver than the company, we live 3/4 mile up a farm track to nowhere but us.

There are three general types of driver:

1) those that make the effort to delivery to our door, use phone numbers and following instructions given,

2) lazy beeps or dont wont to scratch/damage the van types who will leave it at out one of our two neighbors or the local post office (1.5 miles away!)

3) those that cant be arsed, we are hard to find but always give contact numbers/instructions where possible but these are often ignored/not used and we have even had sorry we could deliver your parcel we left a card email and the website shows a picture of a random house we don't even recognise.
 ==================================
05 D3 HSE V8 4.4
04 MG TF 135
03 MG TF 115 Cool Blue Edition
02 MG TF 160
00 Hymer B564 Lionheart
1971 Series III 109

Post #18439584th Aug 2017 10:04 am
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 3 123>
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >